Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

All of a sudden I can't login to my Amazon Associate Account?

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
All of a sudden I can't login to my Amazon Associate Account?

Hi All,

All of a sudden I can't login to my Associate Account at Amazon? In fact this is what I get when I try too:

"The e-mail address and password you are using are not connected to an Associates account. If your Associates e-mail address or password is different from the one used with your Amazon.com customer account, please log in here. If you still have problems logging in, please contact us.

Click here to learn more about the Associates Program. If you have already signed up to be an Associate, you should receive an e-mail confirmation within 1-2 business days."

Did you get that: "The e-mail address and password you are using are not connected to an Associates account"

Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited by HumbleFish; August 26th, 2005 at 12:37 PM. Reason: wanted a more discriptive title
Old
ABW Ambassador
Is your CAPS lock on?
Old
Send a message via AIM to johnm
I am able to log in OK..
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplistechs
Is your CAPS lock on?
Hi simplistechs, Nope, already tried that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm
I am able to log in OK..
Hi johnm, You must be blessed.

I don't know what's going on, awhile back I was looking at some account settings (I was looking if my payment method was set up right) but I didn't change anything I just backed out would that cause a problem?
Old
Yup, Sure ... now let me check ...
For the last couple of days Amazon has refused to recognize my account if I try to log in using Netscape, but it works fine when I log in with MS Explorer. Could this be related to your problem? What browser are you using?
Old
Send a message via AIM to johnm
Now that I think about it --- two days ago or so I would try to log in, then the login screen would come back (without the amazon logo) and I'd have to log in a second time, but then it would let me in. I use FireFox.
Old
Check if login page is current

Every once in a while, Amazon moves the main associate login page -- I had bookmarked an earlier page and was getting the "redirect" forcing me to re-enter my password. (This happens with other merchants, too, sometimes.)

I am having no trouble logging in to Amazon Associates today -- in fact, I had just checked my Amazon stats when I came back to ABW a couple of minutes ago.
Old
Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts
I use IE and can't login today (or yesterday)... something's up...
Old
ABW Ambassador
The "wrong password or E-mail address" message happens to me from time to time as well. I think it's usually an Amazon problem. Remember, these are the same people who made us enter our password twice for months because they didn't have the login redirect set up properly.

And from time to time, I still have to enter my password twice, for some reason.
Old
The Eternal Optimist
Have you recently bought something from Amazon? That happened to me too and what Amazon was doing was putting in my regular shopping Amazon login info into my affiliate account login info. I think if you just re-enter your email and password it might work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
-Christopher Morley
Old
15 years and counting
"Anyone else having the same problem?"
I've no problem with my Associate Account. Login is even fast.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to kylemcpeck
I can't get in either.

It just reloads the login page.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Have you recently bought something from Amazon? That happened to me too and what Amazon was doing was putting in my regular shopping Amazon login info into my affiliate account login info. I think if you just re-enter your email and password it might work.
I've just signed up for Amazon associates program for the first time, and used a different email address from the one I made my *one* purchase with ever. Is that a good thing to do, or will it cause a problem?
Old
ABW Ambassador
I use IE and I just got in.
Old
I use Firefox, log into Amazon daily and have had no problems.
Old
never ever had such problems
Old
Chick with Brains
I have one email address for selling at Amazon and a different one for my affiliate program. I too have run into this problem when I forgot to logout of the selling sign-in.

But usually, if I'm logged into the selling account, then when I click my link to enter the Associate Site, the seller account is already filled in the spot. So, then I know I need to go to amazon, log out and try again.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I was just able to get in fine using Firefox. Reports weren't updated, though. You'd think Amazon could provide real time reporting instead of the manual once in 24 hours reports. At least they do usually update once a day now, I remember there was a time that didn't even happen.
Old
Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts
i could get in this weekend, then again this morning, nope...
Old
Chick with Brains
I couldn't get in this morning, until I realized I was still logged into the other account.

I went to the Amazon Home Page. Clicked on YOUR ACCOUNT. On the Yellow Box under the search boxes there is a link that says, "if you are not Tracy, click here."

I clicked and a new login came up. I did not log in. I just went back to the Affiliate Log In Page, and was able to get in.
Old
Yup, Sure ... now let me check ...
Quote:
I went to the Amazon Home Page. Clicked on YOUR ACCOUNT. On the Yellow Box under the search boxes there is a link that says, "if you are not Tracy, click here."

I clicked and a new login came up. I did not log in. I just went back to the Affiliate Log In Page, and was able to get in.
After a week of being able to log in with IE, but not Netscape, I tried this and can now log in again with Netscape. It's sort of strange that it should work that way since I haven't logged in to buy anything on Amazon in months, but I check my associate site once a day.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi All,:!

I finally sent amazon my email and password and asked them to get me in and it worked for them and sent me a tempory password and I tried it and it didn't work... So I dumped my cookies and no more problems- I got in lickity split. I think it was a conflict with when I ordered something from amazon: I have two different passwords on the same email adress... So I'd say if it happens to you just dump Your cookies (I know it's a drag but in the long run it will save you alot of time and trouble).

Thanks for Your Help and Time.
Love You,
HumbleFish

Last edited by HumbleFish; August 29th, 2005 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
"An Englishman In New York"
Send a message via AIM to TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleFish
So I'd say if it happens to you just dump Your cookies (I know it's a drag but in the long run it will save you alot of time and trouble).
Sounds like good advice... I'm glad you got in I went and checked my login as soon as I saw your post
   Akoss Hosting
We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
Ask for details

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search