Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Amazon store/script with cart function

Tools Search
Old
Hello All!

I have seen 2+ products that have some sort of cart or wish list functionality. One is Amazon Webstore and the other is Amazon Light. Also, I am curious as to what script this site is using: eWebShop.
Is there a problem with using these scripts when it comes to getting full commission? As in, if your script will transfer several items at once to Amazon's cart - will that give you full commission on each item? I am new and just learning all of this before setting up my site. I would think keeping the customer on my site, collecting as many items as possible on my site prior to transferring into Amazon's cart would be preferrable over only one item at 15% and then 5% as they continue shopping on Amazon. Would appreciate any thoughts for this newbie!

Thanks in advance
Hope
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
There isn't a 15% commish on anything at Amazon anymore. Direct hits aren't what they used to be.
Old
Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your reply. Geeez...do I feel silly. That is what I was told by another associate and I have yet to read all the associates info.

Okay then. I guess my next question is, wouldn't it still be preferrable for shoppers to stay on your site, adding to a cart that could then be transferred to Amazon all at once? Or are there any advantages at all to that concept?

Thanks again...
Hope
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Check out Mr Rat's Script:

http://mrrat.com/aws/amazon-products-feed.html

It can do what you describe.
Old
Hi Keith,
Thanks for replying. I have looked around Mr. Rat's site, found the web sites that are using his script and they don't seem to have a feature that will add items to an onsite cart prior to going to Amazon. (though I could've missed it) I'm not a programmer by any means so when I look at his site I am a little overwhelmed. I'll take another look and see if I can find it.

Thanks,
Hope
Old
His script is actually very easy to use and customize.

Try it out, click add to cart, and continue shopping here:

http://www.mrrat.com/cgi-bin/amazon_...put_mode=books

Most people do not use the feature because the goal is to get people to go to Amazon rather than have them abandon the cart on your site.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Yes! I just found that! Thank you Keith!

Hope

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search