Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Analytics/tracking tools for publishers?

Tools Search
Old
Analytics/tracking tools for publishers?

Hi - I'm trying to find a tool that will consolidate our sales/transaction/commission data from all the affiliate programs and tell us what's selling, the best margin and other valuable data. I also want something that can translate what exactly sold rather than just there was a sale at a specific merchant.

Anyone got any ideas? What tracking software/services do publishers use to track sales?

thx
Michelle
Old
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
Got Landing Pages ?

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
Got Landing Pages ?
Yes - I will be sending the sem traffic to pages like this http://www.shefinds.com/buying-guide.../skinny-jeans/

but I want to know if we actually sell the jeans on that page.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
if you are setting goals in google analytic then you can track sales and conversion from particular site.
Old
Affiliate Manager
in-house affiliate program can do the job for you.
you can setup different sources of traffic as different affiliates (e.g. use direct links or SEO friendly affiliate links of virtual affiliates for tracking)

in our company we track also traffic from marketing channels like adwords with own affiliate program (adwords is our own virtual affiliate) and we receive more accurate data as adwords and analytics offer in their reports.

e.g. our affiliate program has cookie life much longer as google adwords+analytics - therefore in our affiliate program we have much more accurate data as from analytics.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
in-house affiliate program can do the job for you.
This does not work for affiliates trying to track sales (and specific product sales) across merchants & networks which is what the OP is asking for.
Old
Affiliate Manager
oh, sorry, you are right. I thought about merchant, which wants to track different trafic sources and how profitable are those sources for him (including traffic from affiliate networks)
Old
But I want to track if people actually bought something - not if they just got to the page
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via AIM to PatrickAllmond Send a message via MSN to PatrickAllmond Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickAllmond
I think you are asking for something that people have wanted for a long time that does not exist. You want to consolidate information from several different vendors, several different affiliate networks, and several different PPC companies. Recently I found prosper202 which is the closest I have seen. But it seems to work best for fixed price ROI offers i.e. for each lead you get $10 vs product sales where you get a percentage
Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video
Old
Affiliate Manager
Interesting discussion here. I kind have the similar questions on tracking functions.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search