Tools Search
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Ski Bum Poet

Greetings from AvantLink!!

Hey Folks,

Welcome to our new ABW forum. Like we’ve stated on our homepage, this is a network developed by and for Affiliates.

We’re taking a unique approach in that we’re focused on the top-tier of Affiliate marketers. In order to gain access to the network and tools, our affiliates will demonstrate a proven track record in the industry, or understand the direction Affiliate marketing is going and have the knowledge and willingness to build value-add content sites. Those sites that consist of all duplicate content (affiliate or otherwise), or banner-only content, need not apply. We want to offer exceptional support, and in order to do so, we’ll be forced to remain selective.

** We’ve outlined Affiliate Acceptance Criteria HERE. **

Please subscribe to this forum. Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be getting into some detail about our Affiliate Tool Center. We’re confident that once you see our dynamic Web Service/RSS options for building out your links you’ll be sold on promoting our merchants.

Questions? Fire away....

Gary M
Old January 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Crazy like a fox

Hi Gary.

Interested in trying out your tools.. hehem...you know what I mean.
Old January 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
Congrats on your new forum Gary. Glad to still see you here and best of luck with your new endeavor.
Old January 16th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Ski Bum Poet

suzigeek, go ahead and apply to the network when you have a chance..

..and thanks Kellie!!
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:28 PM
OPM and Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
Congrats Gary,

Good luck with the new network, you guys are based on a pro-affiliate stance and integrity. Need I mention that your datafeed is modeled on the recommendations from ABW affiliates so you are ahead of the game.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...1&page=1&pp=25

Looking for great things from you in the future!!!
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM

Thumbs up

Congrats on the new forum and good luck!
Look forward to working with the network!
Old January 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
All Around Web Guy

Send a message via AIM to Cursal Send a message via MSN to Cursal Send a message via Yahoo to Cursal
Already a member, nice to see you have a forum on BW too!

Will be trying out the tools your offer throughout the year.
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Comfortably Numb

Good Luck to ya Gary! I checked the "Affiliate Acceptance Criteria" and while we have no "red flags" we are still a little new to have enough "qualities" to apply. You have very desirable goals, so maybe later.

I copied the Criteria to notepad and made a little addition to my goals.

Old January 17th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Affiliate Manager

Send a message via AIM to nish Send a message via MSN to nish Send a message via Yahoo to nish
Gary,

Congratulations on your new forum. I remember AvantLink from the PawUpPetSupply thread. The way AvantLink handled their comeback was impressive.

Wish you good luck.

cheers!
-nishith
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Ski Bum Poet

Thanks!

Hey Everyone, Thanks for all the encouragement. I really appreciate the support. We'll be getting into all kinds of cool topics on this forum in the weeks to come..

bumpaw, Please feel free to apply to the network and we'll go from there. You seem like the kind of affiliate we want in

Til Later.. Gary M
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
"An Englishman In New York"

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Welcome Gary... wait I recognize that last name You are an old hand at this!!
   Akoss Hosting
We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
Ask for details

Old January 17th, 2006, 11:46 PM
ABW Ambassador

Gary! Congrats!
On The New Forum..
The New "Adventure"

Wish you the best of luck!!
And Look Forward To The Cool Tools.. and ABW Standard Datafeed!!!!
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Ski Bum Poet

We have the ABW standard datafeed in the most recent state available from all AvantLink merchants right now.. There's more info on this in AddHandler's crankin' thread Here (that's the link to the last page of the thread as of this post).

Right now we require 7 fields from merchants ..and this is the bare minimum needed for Affiliates to produce datafeed pages... here's a self-quote from AddHandler's thread:

"If you don't make the required fields the bare minimum needed to create datafeed pages, it's going to be hard to get all merchants to adopt it."

As this standard evolves...we will keep up. You'll find our platform to be flexible in the face of Affiliate marketing's evolution..

OH and We are the datafeed people

(BTW if you people havent heard already we also have dynamic, 100% customizable, SEO-friendly datafeeds available from ALL our merchant partners... By this I mean sites with good SE exposure that are uniquely relevant to our merchant's offerings are LAUGHin') more on all this soon..
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Affiliate Network Rep

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by nish
Gary,

Congratulations on your new forum. I remember AvantLink from the PawUpPetSupply thread. The way AvantLink handled their comeback was impressive.

Wish you good luck.

cheers!
-nishith

Hi Nish,

I greatly appreciate your kind words - without you affiliates, we ain't got nothin!

The PUPS program has done some spectacular stuff in the 3 - 4 months since we started. Especially the datafeed with our php client tool! A sure business generator.

Thanks again for your support!

Paul

Expect Great Things, Do Great Things!
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to nicbos Send a message via MSN to nicbos Send a message via Yahoo to nicbos
Hello there,

my name is Nic, i am italian and i am pretty new to affiliate world.
We (me and a couple of co-workers) we have started some affiliate website and we are looking to improve our knowledge and our expertise on the affiliate topic.

While reading your TOS, i saw this:

Affiliates that have widely networked (white-hat) Web neighborhoods. Their networked sites are targeted and useful to online shoppers and they have legacy and legitimacy.

I am wondering if you could tell me what are "minimum requirments" on that topic.... consider we are pretty new to the affiliate field but we are looking to improve our knowledge, day by day. Please could you indicate some websites that you consider a "good affiliate website" just to make me understand better what you mean??

Thank You in advance.... we will look forward to be eligible to apply for your network.

Nic
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Ski Bum Poet

Hi Nic, Thanks for your interest. If you would like to email me some links to some of your sites I'd be happy to take a look and offer specific feedback...

Gary M
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to nicbos Send a message via MSN to nicbos Send a message via Yahoo to nicbos
Thank You Gary,

i just wrote you an email.
Regards, Nic
Old January 18th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Ski Bum Poet

Nic I just emailed you.. you're off to a great start
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:28 AM

Hello Gary,

thanks for valuable informations you sent me.

I am a bit confused about the mix datafeed/unique-content: by definition, datafeed permit to build an entire product list/catalogue from a pre-defined template. So, it is not clear to me how to get a good mix, starting from unique content....

In other words, if i write unique content for every topic/product how can i use the datafeed source? is it better to get affiliate-links and add them to content by hand, instead of using the datafeed source?

Hope this makes sense for you...

Later, Nicola
Old January 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Ski Bum Poet

Hi Nicola, There are a few ways to customize your datafeed pages so that they do not resemble the exact duplication of the file from the merchant (and so many other Affiliate sites that are publishing a datafeed from the same merchant).. one thing important, but often overlooked, is simply changing up the category names/anchor text slightly..or re-arranging the order of the top-level categories. Please read through AddHandler's ABW Standard Datafeed thread for some great insights.. Also, the most important thing we'll consider when reviewing applications of datafeed Affiliates is whether or not the feed makes up the entire Affiliate site or whether it's just a piece of a larger, value-add site (in essence making the feed itself a value-add to a pre-existing site that's absolutely relevant to the products being promoted). We'll tend to shy away from most large, generalized shopping sites that have 100's of categories with hundreds of feeds plugged in..

Remember, too, that we have three datafeed options available from each merchant in our network.. With the dynamic version you can integrate the feed into your pre-existing site template, allowing you to customize the content around the feed output. PLUS, this tool outputs crawlable HTML content, it's highly customizable through one template.php file and it never needs any maintenance once integrated.. We'll be getting into more detail about this tool (and our other free tools) soon. THANKS for your enthusiam...

Last edited by Ski Bum Poet; January 19th, 2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo madness :)
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM

Hello Gary,

thanks again for your valuable informations.
I'm looking forward to grow, and this forum is very helpful to me

Later,
Nic
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Welcome Gary - I look forward to working with you in reviewing your platform's features.

Regards,
Peter
Old January 20th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Ski Bum Poet

Thanks Peter.. nice to see you on our board. Let me know if you need anything. Gary M
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:01 PM

Number of affiliates

Gary,

Can you give me a feel for how many affiliates you currently have? I know you just launched a few months ago.

We are trying to determine which affiliate programs we should focus on as we launch into affiliate marketing.

Thanks.

Winston
www.taldia.com
Old January 25th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Ski Bum Poet

AvantLink Affiliates and Status Jan 2006

Winston,

Yes we launched less then four months ago and we're happy with our progress to date. Currently, we have around 100 Affiliates and nine stores in the network. ABout 30 of those Affiliates came with the PawsUpPetSupply.com migration to AvantLink. Another 30-40 came from unsolicited sign-ups, and the rest were Affiliates we recruited as target matches for our merchants.

I'll also mention that we thoroughly screen prospective Affiliates, and they are required to display competance, ethical practices and a proven track record in the industry. Maintaining the integrity of our network, our merchant's vendor brands, and Affiliate marketing is our primary interest...

Here are a few reasons why we are holding these standards close:

1) We offer technically advanced, dynamic, SEO-friendly tools that are free of charge to Affiliates...and we don't want just anyone having access to these offerings. These tools are intended to provide a value-add benefit to an existing relevant site...not to provide the sole content for a site. Spammers WILL NOT exploit our merchant's offerings.

2) We want to provide exceptional support for every network member (Affiliates and merchants alike). For example, if an Affiliate owns property that has potential I'll literally work on their tool integrations day and night with no charge to them. At the same time, we've developed a robust, flexible platform that can adapt to meet the needs of Affiliates and merchants.

3) We offer no hidden fees whatsoever. Integration is painless ($500 one time for standard integration, $500 escrow and 3% ongoing transaction). This includes no monthly minimums. You pay once for integration, and if you prefer not to use our outsource management group, your only expense after that is the 3% per transaction fee.

-

Give me a call and we can talk through all this and more. I think you'll be impressed with what we have to offer... and why we are taking the stance and approach we are.

Bottom line: We've created killer tools based on a killer philosophy, and we want to get these tools in the hands of compatible Affiliates FREE of charge. Remember, network access comes with one-to-one support for all parties involved.

Gary M

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search