Tools Search
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Thanks Scott and Gary @AvantLink

Just like to say thanks to the two of you for your help. I dropped Gary a line a few days ago regarding small delays in feed download times, who passed it onto Scott. It wasn't even a problem, more of a 'were you aware...' Now everything is downloading in fractions of seconds. Great feeds (and they have the column headers at the top of the feeds )

Efficiency is everything. Now if only other networks could be as efficient.... been waiting on a [v. simple] unresponded problem at another well-known network, where all I keep getting are automated responses saying my problem is being dealt with....(in German, go figure!).

Keep those merchants coming! Look forward to promoting AvantLink's merchants for a long time.

Cheers guys.
Old March 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

Thank you very much for your kind words, input.. Scott has done some great things with datafeeds. We love getting suggestions and 'were you awares'... and yeah, not only is efficieny everything, but 'there's beauty in simplicity' many times -Gary M

Network Blog, Support Forum
Old March 5th, 2006, 02:15 AM

Well, as a Network that puts datafeeds as high a priority as its merchants and affiliates, I am looking forward to many more quality merchants and a prosperous partnership .

I just don't get some networks or merchants... as you know, my site is still under development and, like many others in my position, I find it frustrating when I come against stubborn networks and merchants. For example, one application to a certain unnamed merchant's datafeed got this response:
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately we cannot give you access to our datafeeds since this has taken thousands of our hours to compile this information.
I hope the merchant meant that they can't give me access to it, since my site is under construction, because if not, wtf?!

--edit
this merchant was not with AvantLink, of course!
Old March 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

input, we hope to keep datafeed use at a very responsible level by thoroughly looking at each Affiliate application coming through the queue.. many networks/merchants have to be very careful because they are not as selective with the Affiliates coming in.. which equals irresonsible use of the datafeeds and more harm than good. Datafeeds as you know are incredibly powerful when used responsibly and not abused.

Thanks for your support!

Network Blog, Support Forum

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search