Tools Search
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

Thumbs up Two New Niche Stores Live!

ABWers,

We've literally just now launched our latest store additions within the AvantLink network. Two more focused Web shops from Smart Marketing, Inc.:

TooCuteBabyGifts.com, 12% payout

&

CornerStorkBabyGifts.com, 12% payout

And let me tell you these stores CONVERT... and check this: One of Smart Marketing's other stores currently in the AvantLink network pays out a flat 18%. What..!? How?? Because this particular site is dependant on its Affiliate marketing channel. NO other online marketing supports this effort. 1st one to guess which store this is (you have a 1 in 11 chance as of now with AvantLink ) gets one of those clapping avatar things from me on my next post.

Seriously, though.. Smart Marketing are a progressive bunch and we're psyched to offer our Affiliates their diverse product lines. Please check out what these programs have to offer..

Gary M

Network Blog, Support Forum
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Action Jackson - King of the World

Send a message via AIM to jackson992 Send a message via MSN to jackson992
will get them up as soon as they approve me
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
ABW Ambassador

Awaiting approval. I need to replace some non-converting baby product merchants that are in bed with parasites.

Gene
TCS
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Internet Cowboy

Gary,
Could you ask them to remove these pages from their site? HUGE LEAKS!! I doubt that anyone shopping either of these baby gift sites would be interested in purchasing Sexy Adult Halloween costumes, DirectTV, stun guns or online gambling access.
I am positive that ABW affiliates would not be excited to allow these sites to send their customers to other web sites and lose any potential commissions.
http://www.toocutebabygifts.com/Shopping.html
http://www.cornerstorkbabygifts.com/links.aspx

Old March 7th, 2006, 06:27 PM
ABW Ambassador

Actually a links page doesn't bother me.

Now if I went to this page:

http://www.toocutebabygifts.com/Silver_Pewter.html

And saw a link out to another merchant, that's another story.

And I don't think those merchants are just going to scrap all those recip links they've built up.
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Internet Cowboy

A leak is a leak bud. The product pages have a link to the links page. The links on the links page don't even open in a separate window.
Also, I think I addressed that post to Gary, not to you

Old March 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
ABW Ambassador

"I am positive that ABW affiliates"

So that's me If someone wants to talk for me and it's not what I feel, gotta post.

Now this is a leak, a LS merchant

http://www.youractivepet.com

Straight affiliate links to other merchants 1800 Petmeds, Sierra Trading Post. Used to have their Amazon coded links on the front page
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:47 PM
ABW Ambassador

Unclescooter,

Thanks for posting this. I certainly over looked those leaks in my haste to apply.

Gene
TCS
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:01 PM
ABW Ambassador

Regarding the links & shopping pages - the shopping "directory" is probably recips and there for a link-building campaign, maybe (or maybe not) mostly recips for link pop, and my guess would be that a good number of them on the links page are either sites owned/managed by the owner of these baby sites - or quite likely client sites. The owner is a pro SEO.

I wouldn't count on those pages being removed. It's fairly common AFAIK, so I don't let it bother me much as long as they're not on product pages. One of my best converting, highest paying SAS merchants (similar niche) is also heavily SEO'd and has beaucoup recips.

What's also a factor (for me anyway) is whether the percentage paid is higher than average to compensate, rather than some of those parasite-ridden 5 percenters at CJ, some of whom don't even provide product links. It's been such a bear finding merchants in this niche for a dedicated niche site that it's about to be turned into mostly a content/adsense site with "token banners" except for a core of products that sell regularly at nice percentages.

Last edited by webworker; March 7th, 2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Internet Cowboy

Regardless of why. Regardless of whether TrustNo1 would work with this merchant or not, these are leaks pure and simple.
A merchant who operates an affiliate program and posts links to outside web sites on his own web site is not operating ethically unless he is willing to pay the affiliate who sent the visitor some kind of spiff or commission on sales resulting from the links on his links page.

A link to the links page only on the About Us page or only on the home page is better, but not good. This merchant puts a link to his Links page on all pages, increasing dramatically the likelihood that a customer an affiliate sent him will be lost.

Whether the links posted are affiliate links or simply links to another site where commission will not be paid is irrelevant. A leak is a leak is a leak and an affiliate network who carefully screens affiliates and merchants and only allows the cream of the crop in knows this.

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
ABW Ambassador

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
A link to the links page only on the About Us page or only on the home page is better, but not good. This merchant puts a link to his Links page on all pages, increasing dramatically the likelihood that a customer an affiliate sent him will be lost.
Can't argue too much with that, if the links are sitewides.
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:21 PM
ABW Ambassador

Maybe they know usually only SE spiders hit those pages. If I send targetted traffic to that merchant looking for baby gift baskets, that's the link they're going to click. Doubtful they're going to click links, education and then pH and acidic nature - Density is the most fundamental of all the physical properties.Density is the most fundamental of all the physical properties. Acidic and basic nature of fluids depends on pH.

Possible, yes. Likely no. Don't see him killing all those pages. Not sure if it's possible to work it so customers don't see if from affiliate traffic.
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Internet Cowboy

Make all the excuses you want to Trust. These sites are full of leaks and any savvy affiliate will avoid them. That leaves the road wide open for you and you can have them. You are obviously going to argue with anything I post tonight so please feel free to crawl in bed with this leaky merchant. Maybe soon they will put Adsense on their pages and you will be REALLY excited!

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
ABW Ambassador

When exactly did you become the spokesman for "ABW affiliates" "Savvy affiliates" "cream of the crop affliates"

You know how you know for sure? You actually test. You know why it doesn't bother me? Because I know traffic I would send to that merchant wouldn't click on that link. And don't put up any Tool King links because they're clean now but they might in the future have parasites so that means they have parasites now blah blah
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

Hey folks,

Thanks for the chatter on these baby stores. When it's the right Affiliate referral traffic coming in.. These Stores Convert.. to the tune of 2.24% for the month of March to date on all Smart Marketing programs combined. For TooCuteBabyGifts alone: 6.25% so far this month!!!

UncleScooter, I'll point out this thread to Travis Robinson the AM of all Smart Marketing programs..

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
ABW Ambassador

Frankly, while I think the usual leaks should be plugged, I don't think I can expect any company/merchant to alter their whole business model - including giving up their organic search listings and traffic - when they institute an affiliate program. It takes links to rank well, and if a merchant turns away from getting links, or putting them up, they're nuts. Having a dedicated site for affiliate sales is another matter (and a nice idea), but it's a different story with one site or a main revenue driving site. Eggs in one basket comes to mind.

>>the right Affiliate referral traffic coming in..

IMHO a lot depends on the targeting of the affiliate traffic. People coming to an affiliate site on "baby gifts" or "baby gift ideas" are in the browsing stage (Stage 1 in the buying/shopping process) and don't have a high likelihood of converting in the first place. They're just window shopping for the time being.

Those *might* possibly look at a links page, but even then - if they've seen how useless links pages are even a few times, they're more likely to go back to the search engine to do more "targeted" looking around.

There is a difference, however, if they arrive on an affiliate site from an engine with very specific search terms - aka "the long tail" - in which case they're at Stage 3 of the buying/shopping process. They know what they're looking for and are just looking at details and where to make their purchase. Those are more likely to convert altogether, and again - if they don't like what the affiliate is displaying, they'll still go back to the engine to search more for their specific wants. Very unlikely to go to a links page and try to find a specific needle in a big haystack.

Unless it's the crafts industry (which is different) or Mom 'n Pop niche folks buying from each other, links pages are basically for search engine purposes and for the most part are valueless.

As long as there aren't BIG leaks on product pages or landing page, I couldn't care less if a merchant is pursuing organic search rankings to get commission-free sales using a separate section of their site for link-pop purposes. That's business, and they're in it to make a profit.

As long as they're paying a considerably higher commission than what's average for the sector, the potential of a "leak" loss via a segregated links pages or link directory is so small that the higher payout on EVERY sale more than compensates.

Last edited by webworker; March 8th, 2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Mama in Charge

I have signed up , just waiting for approval.
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

You're In!!

Anne, Just accepted you at the network level. Great site!!

Let me know if you need anything..

Gary M

Old March 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Co-Founder, Partnerships

webworker,

BTW, you made a GREAT post above.. right in line with our thinking in regards to search engine traffic.. thanks for that contribution!

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search