Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

VOTING for The Best in 2011 Awards Until Tuesday Feb. 28th

Tools Search
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
VOTING for The Best in 2011 Awards Until Tuesday Feb. 28th

You have probably been wondering where this has been since January 1st. Well here it is! Decided to give the Inner Circle members a jump start on nominations. Will accept nominations through Monday February 13th then start the voting polls. Voting will run Tuesday February 14th through February 28th with awards to be announced on March 1st.

Here are the categories:

Nominations: Best Thread in '11

Nominations: Favorite New ABW Member in '11

Nominations: Best Affiliate Tool in '11

Nominations: Best Affiliate Network in '11

Nominations: Most Improved Affiliate Program in '11

Nominations: Best Network Rep in '11

Nominations: Best NEW Affiliate Manager or OPM in '11

Nominations: Best Affiliate Manager in '11

Nominations: Best OPM in '11

Nominations: Best Affiliate Program in '11

Nominations: 2011 ABW Legend Award
Old
The "other" left wing
Send a message via Yahoo to davidh
Why are "Affiliate Manager" and "OPM" separate categories? This does not make any sense.
Old
OPM/Moderator
Send a message via AIM to akagorilla Send a message via Yahoo to akagorilla
Nominations: Best Affiliate Tool in '11 Jason Rubacky is still a tool, but affiliates love him

Nominations: Best Affiliate Network in '11 Shareasale

Nominations: Best Network Rep in '11 Jessica Sander

Nominations: 2011 ABW Legend Award - Chuckles
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Why are "Affiliate Manager" and "OPM" separate categories? This does not make any sense.
An AM works for one program or one company with several programs. An OPM works for many programs from several companies. We have kept them separate.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Thanks Greg can you put those into the separate threads?
Old
ABW Ambassador
I was sort of hoping the "The Best in xxxx Awards" was a thing of the past, I find them to be nothing more then a popularity poll "who your friends are" or "Who is buying Ad space at ABW" and nothing to do about the end product/skills that they provide to Affiliates or AM as a whole.

Just my option.........
Old
OPM and Moderator
I agree Kevin and that is why I initiated it in the Inner Circle. For voting I intend to require that the member be registered prior to the polls. I looked back over the years and saw that Haiko threw out several elections where there was evidence of ballot stuffing. Also, I am requiring that nominations include a few sentences about why you pick who or what you did. Finally I am following through due to a request from iNet who wanted to see it continue. We can evaluate the experience after this years and decide if this needs to be revamped, morphed or something else.
Thanks From:
kse
Old
OPM/Moderator
Send a message via AIM to akagorilla Send a message via Yahoo to akagorilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
Thanks Greg can you put those into the separate threads?
didnt' notice those until now. sorry.
Old
OPM and Moderator
I appreciate you getting this started Greg and know you are busy. Can you come back and add a few sentences why you nominated who you did?
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
OPM and Moderator
I moved this to Midnight Cafe' so non-Inner Circle member know this is underway. When we start the polls (voting) it will be limited to members who joined by February 8th. That way the voting is not gamed.
Old
ABW Veteran
How about adding some of these ten different categories to the list?...

Here are ten new different categories (In no particular order...) to consider...

Nominations: Best ABW Moderator in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Whiner in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Argument in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Joke in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Post in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Complain in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Returning Member in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Forum in '11

Nominations: Best ABW Advertising Post in '11

Nominations: Best ABW DAY in '11
Old
OPM and Moderator
A bit over the top Mr. Sal but I think the moderator suggestion is a good one.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Moved all thread to the public forum now that the members have had time to get their nominations in.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Last chance to nominate for 2011 Awards, all threads close at 8PM Eastern.
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarah Bundy
I missed the cut off this time by an hour... Last year it was three days. Maybe I'll catch it my third year! Here's to hoping!

BTW, if you guys send out newsletter about this, I'm not getting them. How do I check to make sure I'm on your mailing list?

Thanks,

Sarah
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via Skype™ to I.M.O.G.
@Sarah - You can check email subscriptions in the left sidebar here:
http://www.abestweb.com/forums/usercp.php
Old
OPM and Moderator
Ran the nominations the 8th through the 13th and posted to Facebook as well. Sorry you missed Sarah, go ahead and post your nominations as single posts here and I will merge into the appropriate thread. It will be late tonight before I get the voting polls setup so if anyone has a last minute nomination you can do the same.
Old
Great thanks Guys. I'd like to nominate Sarah Beeskow for best network rep (always so happy and responsive) and James Martell's Affiliate Super Bootcamp for best affiliate tool.

Last edited by Sarah Bundy; February 14th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to Jill Send a message via Yahoo to Jill
Best OPM: Tough choice as there are so many worth while...so I'll nominate my top 3...(in no particular order)

All Iinclusive Marketing
Greg Hoffman Consulting
Growthspurt Media

All 3 are super easy to interact with, super friendly, and super duper knowledgeable and good at what they do.
Old
Thanks Jill! What a nice compliment It's nice to be up there with Greg and Liz. Also nice to see a couple of Canadian kids on the list
Old
OPM and Moderator
I opened the threads for nominations until I get the polls set up late tonight. Go ahead and place your nominations in the correct threads.
Old
ABW Ambassador
"You have probably been wondering where this has been since January 1st. Well here it is! Decided to give the Inner Circle members a jump start on nominations. Will accept nominations through Monday February 13th then start the voting polls. Voting will run Tuesday February 14th through February 28th with awards to be announced on March 1st."

4 days was way too short and it was over the weekend. And in the Inner Circle. Your most recent mod, before he was a mod, wouldn't have had access to the IC to nominate. Have some threads with only 2 or 3 replies, one by the same person.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Trust thanks for posting and we will keep the nominations open through Monday February 20th. Thread have been re-opened.
Thanks From:
Old
Tax Paying Member
I nominated Jill for best affiliate manager and it did not post. I assume that I failed to hit the post button

Maybe I need a

We all know of her achievements.........

Looks like I did hit the post button and then got moved to the right place...
Thanks Chuck.

I still need that drink...

Last edited by Witzer; February 14th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Thanks From:
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
I nominated Jill for best affiliate manager and it did not post. I assume that I failed to hit the post button

Maybe I need a

We all know of her achievements.........

Looks like I did hit the post button and then got moved to the right place...
Thanks Chuck.

I still need that drink...
It posted, Chuck just moved it to the correct forum - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/abest...-a-153335.html
Thanks From:

Tags
voting

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search