Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

SEO versus PPC

Tools Search
Old
SEO versus PPC

Based on your previous experience, have you has better results with natural search engine results or from using PPC programs like adwords, YSM etc.?
I have personally had better results with SEO and have managed to get a steady stream of 6,000 unique visits per day. I have alot of experience with over 10 different PPC programs and I may someday go back to them when I have found a really high converting website.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Do Both

Studies have shown that PPC & SERPs on the same page WORKS
Old
Affiliate Manager
A bit of "ditto" to what MCT says. Marketing / advertising is not a choice of "either / or" - it is a multi-tiered frontier.

PPC, Organic, AM, Print, Video, Cross Marketing, After-market, Loyalty sites (combo of all the previous) work in unison on a well thought out - long term plan. Something I've seen / heard often, whether it is online or offline advertising is: "which is better?" When asked for the purpose of choosing one as the remedy versus another, you limit your markets / sales. Think in terms of a multi-faceted approach with the long term goal of creating long term loyalty and you have the best of all worlds.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Which 10 different PPC programs do you have a lot of experience with?

"or from using PPC programs like adwords, YSM etc.?"

You mentioned 2 of them Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing, just wondering the other 8.

Is your luck with SEO due to Goole Traffic Secrets -
Get any website to the top of Google within hours. Guaranteed!
?
Old
Tax Paying Member
Guaranteed!

Think that I'll go fishing until my boat comes in.
Old
Hi,

PPC and SEO are two different methods used to get traffic to your site. Buying traffic from search engines helps to get targeted traffic very quickly . These PPC programs are very easy to set up. Of course it costs money, however, it is good to use this technique initially when the website is very fresh.

SEO wins over PPC any given day of the week because it is free and who does not love free traffic. It is very time consuming .
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Beachy
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witzer
Guaranteed!

Think that I'll go fishing until my boat comes in.
Well, I figure that when my ship comes in I'll be at the airport.
Old
Affiliate Manager
We focus solely on SEO. Slower out of the gates but done properly can get you very targeted traffic at wonderful prices long term.
Old
SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced
They are quite different really. The problem often comes from people trying to make them the same. In SEO you want as much traffic as possible, hopefully targetted.

In PPC you want to only pay for visitors that will convert. Limit bad clicks until it makes sense from an ROI way.

PPC is fast and you can test how people convert. It allows very long tail typically. And you can do it without a major site redesign.

But I have had some sites that I NEVER run from PPC on because of poor conversions and click fraud. All SEO.

And I have done some sites that are only PPC.

Usually a mixture of both.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Gottlieb
We focus solely on SEO. Slower out of the gates but done properly can get you very targeted traffic at wonderful prices long term.
Agreed - organic also converts higher beside being more cost effective
Old
Send a message via AIM to StefanieBloosky
There are benefits to using PPC and there are benefits to using SEO. Choosing which one to use depends on the specifics: what you are marketing, the goals you are trying to reach and your drive for results (getting them right away, or waiting a little while). Below I have listed a few positives and negatives for both PPC and SEO…

PPC is good because in most cases the website does not need to be changed, it is very quick and you can start seeing results within hours of activating a campaign, and you can rank highly for any keyword if your budget is large enough. The biggest drawback of PPC is that once you stop spending your advertisements stop showing, there is no long term return for expense.

With SEO, visitors from search engine results do not cost you anything, the rankings a website achieves through SEO can continue for a long time after the work is done and over the long term SEO can be more cost effective than PPC. Not to mention, visitors are more likely to trust a site they find in the rankings, they feel it has been approved by the search engine. The main problem with attracting visitors to SEO is the time it takes to achieve results.
So basically, it comes down to who you are trying to target, how soon you want to get results and how much money you are willing to spend, if any.
Old
as most people have said try to use a good balance of both for best results
Old
well than there no reason to change unless youre unhappy with the results youre getting and want to improve stats
Old
I'd say they support each other nicely. SEO is cheaper, PPC is faster, but used in conjunction they'll get you where you want to be.
Old
ABW Ambassador
What does organic mean? Would it mean that based on keywords that your site is listed high inthe SEO?
Old
Send a message via ICQ to jbrasco951 Send a message via AIM to jbrasco951
Last year, Engine Ready's research team put out a great report on SEO vs. PPC. This should give a good idea to what you should you with your campaigns.

"SEO vs. PPC – The Final Round"
Old
Most people shy away from the idea of "patience". Organic listings take time, which could span across seasons. If you're targeting an aggressive product (most wanted) then its better to opt for PPC (instant results). If you happened to make some good bucks then continue with your SEO simultaneously.

If I had the money I'd prefer PPC always
Old
SEO is cheaper, PPC is faster,This is the classic statement...
Old
Funny how people say SEO is cheaper while also saying it takes a lot of work.

How much does our time cost?
Old
Affiliate Manager
Once you've achieved SEO success its takes less work to maintain higher positions.

The only way to judge the best approach is to compare qualified traffic acquisition costs.

For our main site we get 5,000 uniques a day on target organic terms for the cost of past effort. The top terms for those visitors sell for nearly $5 per click. So you do the math and see which you would prefer?

That's one of the reasons our business is thriving and we are watching online competitors fall off every week.
Old
Affiliate Manager
I agree with Howard regarding SEO, hard work that pays.
Old
both of them are same, the only different is ppc give you instant traffic, what you need is just pay for it. however, SEO might need to spend time to work on it, and it depends on the SEO skill too
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewaSmith View Post
I have personally had better results with SEO and have managed to get a steady stream of 6,000 unique visits per day.
PPC and SEO both my method to promoting my website. But it is still has a long distance to reach 6000 visitors one day. How did you get that?
Old
If you want to have targeted and long lasting results then seo is better choice. PPC show quick results but they disappear as campaign ends.
Old
SEO...You get tons of traffic from PPC but that traffic ends as campaign ends. Whereas SEO gives you organic traffic more targeted traffic then PPC.
Closed Thread

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search