Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Solo Ads- what are they and is it safe?

Tools Search
Old
Solo Ads- what are they and is it safe?

I was on the Warrior Forum and was reading a lot about driving traffic to a landing page via Solo Ads. I did some additional google searches on solo ads and they seems kinda sketchy.... Does anyone know about these or have any experience with solo ads? If I wanted to give it a shot, any suggestions on how to find a legit partner?

Thanks!
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
What are you calling solo ads?
Old
I guess Solo Ads are email blasts that go out to lists the publisher has obtained for a upfront free. I am just hearing about it for the first time so I did a quick google search on it and I found a lot of companies that offer the service but it seems really gimmicky... I was wondering if anyone else has heard of or tired this before?
Thanks From:
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
We call that an email drop. Depends on the list and the audience. Can be effective but most cheap email drops are garbage.
Old
There have been some interesting discussions here about affiliates' use of "targeted" email campaigns.

My view is that if the recipient didn't sign up to receive the an email from the domain via double opt-in, it's spam. It would only take a couple of official complaints to get a domain black-listed, and for me, it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

With the organic search landscape in complete disarray (panda, etc), I see that it would tempting as another possible source of traffic, but something tells me it could backfire.
Old
OPM and Moderator
I have heard that email marketing is making a comeback too!
Old
Email converts better than Search & Social Combined

Hi Chuck, you certainly hit the nail on the head, a recent study by Monetate confirmed it. Email and Solo Ads are a growing marketing technique and Email converts better than Search & Social Combined...

We wrote a post about it!

Teezone is right, that spamming is not the best approach however there are a few resources that prevent spam issues for the marketer and assure the mailing only goes to recipients that are asking to receive the ad.

Also, there are effective and very inexpensive ways to evaluate the Solo Ad list supplier prior to paying them...

Been online since 1997 and just stumbled on you guys... geesh!
Old
OPM and Moderator
Email me the article!
Old
About Solo Ads - What they are - Expensive!

If you are an Internet Marketer it is only a matter of time before you exhaust your traffic resources and begin to search for new methods.

Recently, the big thing is Solo-Ads and for good reason. With a solo-ad you are able to send your message directly to the providers private list. This means the chance of your email getting read just jumped to about a 80% rate.

But the downside is you will have to pay a pretty high price for a real solo-ad. Generally, I've seen the price in the range of $80 for 150 to 200 views/clicks. These are measured by using a link that can be tracked.

Solo-ads can bring amazing results or zero results depending on these factors:

The provider's list should be Your Targeted Market.
The provider should be reputable.

Your offer should have a high conversion rate that converts to instant or long term income.

I recommend testing your offers for conversion before paying for a solo ad.

While you can gain new subscribers to your list with a solo-ad you should know that these subscribers may never make a purchase from you, so in my opinion, use an offer that will make
you money right then.

But here is the catch 22, most Solo Ad providers will only let you send out a Free Offer!

So how do you achieve that immediate sale? With your OTO or backend offer.

Give away something free upfront and then include a One Time Offer that adds immediate cash to your bank account.

Then you are killing two birds with one stone, building a list and building an income.

Just sayin

Cheri
Thanks From:
Old
Send a message via Skype™ to SeanSupplee
Most solo ads are junk, when you see an add promising to blast your email to 1 million for $70 honestly look the other way. However you can normally find some solid list swaping or solo ad buys from sites like safeswap but your going to pay a pretty penny for them because your going to see results.
Thanks From:

Tags
email marketing , solo ads

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search