Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

I am a new affiliate and i have questions about affiliate networks

Tools Search
Old
I am a new affiliate and i have questions about affiliate networks

Hey everyone I'm new to affiliate marketing and i just have a few questions to ask,
-When joining an affiliate network, what should i be looking for?

-I would also like to know what all of you experienced affiliates are looking for in a affiliate network, that way ill be more informed?

I would appreciate any answers, as i mentioned, i am a beginner in aff. marketing.

Thanks

Im not sure if this is the section of the forum to post, correct me if im wrong.

Last edited by Davster; September 28th, 2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Not sure if correct section of forum
Old
CPA Network Rep
Send a message via AIM to EmpyreAndrea Send a message via Skype™ to EmpyreAndrea
I would look for a network that has a good reputation when it comes to customer service and consistent payouts. That way, if you do have any problems, you know that there will be someone there to help you resolve the issue without having to fight for it. I would also check out their products/services to be sure the creatives are going to be successful on your site and apply to your traffic. There's no point in promoting something that won't make you any money.
Old
I would look to join bigger affilliate networks such as Clickbank, Commission Junction and Link Share. The reason is that when you join these bigger networks they have been around for a longer time and they host thousands of merchant affiliate programs. These bigger affiliate networks also oversee commission payouts.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Best bet: search ABW and read the experiences that other affiliates have had with any network before you sign up there, then you'll know what to look out for when working with any established network.
Old
Thanks for all the helpful hints
Old
Youv are very welcome
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Rice Send a message via AIM to Greg Rice Send a message via MSN to Greg Rice Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Rice
Don't forget to spend time researching the prospective programs. Before looking too much at a network, find out which program(s) you want to join, research them and then the network they're on. What good is a network if they don't any merchants you want to promote?

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza
Old
evil factor

I agree with all the fore mentioned posts but you will certainly want to pay attention to the fee structure. A lot of these larger sites will make you pay for access to feeds that are free, then on top charge you for that feed. So you will be paying a annual subscription to the network and a by feed purchase as well.
Old
CPA Network Rep
Send a message via AIM to Clickrover
Response time is important right from the get go. If it takes 3 weeks for someone to review your application then just imagine how long it will take someone to review a complaint or issue... Margins are quite important also, you want a network that is there to help you succeed, not a network that is succeeding simply because you are a publisher of theirs.

There are a ton of quality networks out there. Large and small, size doesn't make one better than the other, the experience that they give their clients is far more important to how many cubicles they have in the office. 1 great employee can easily take the place of 5 par employees.

Good luck on your ventures.
Old
Send a message via Skype™ to People Search Affiliates
Trustworthy - not fly by night.
Reliable when it comes to paying you.
Customer service should be a huge priority for them - You will have questions and issues once in awhile and how is your inquiry handled?
Old
Welcome to the world of affiliate marketing!

You have been given some great advice in this post.....here are my thoughts.

Look for something you LIKE to promote, if you have some knowledge of the product or service, you may be able to relate better to the audience and increase your sales by knowing how and where to market.

Definitely so some reasearch on a program, sometimes things that sem to be too good usually are! There are many reputable programs, but on the same token, some shady charachters, so it's best to perform some research ahead of time.

Although it's wise to join an established program for the most part, it does not hurt to give a smaller or newer program a shot. Look for companies that are eager to support you and respond in reasonable time, alot of new upstarts are hungry and will service you to the max, provide support and all the promo porducts you need.

Any questions feel free to PM me.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
Network with other members here and ask them their opinion privately. Don't badger them but the best advice are personal referrals.
Old
if you're looking for an advice then you've come to the right place. The qualities you should look into are the credibility and the benefits you can gain from a certain program or marketplace. There are a lot of marketplace out there but it doesn't work out well with the many affiliate marketers right now.

Aside from credibility and benefits, you should also asses their payment methods or perhaps their policies to make sure you get the full grasp and will it be in for your taste. So far, these are the few things that popped into my head.

Good luck....
Old
I would first do some research in the territories I'm planning to start my affiliate operations, in order to find out what's the most suitable network and also for trying to gather some feedback/experiences from well established affiliates in this particular territory.

Obviously, the culture and experience in a particular country is not the same for all networks and you may be able to find one with better reputation for a particular country.
Old
Just choose legitimate affiliate
Old
um, as a newbie, I'd want a network which provides:
1. Free training,
2. On time payment.
Old
A lot of things to look for in a network, but one that everyone always puts first is the ability to physically communicate with an affiliate manager or strategist. This means either through IM, email or phone - that gets almost 80 percent of the things done that you need right away rather than sitting waiting for a reply. Half the time they are far too busy to even respond unless you directly get in touch with them.
Old
When looking in a new affiliate network you need to know are they paying on time and is the payout good on these networks.

You can ask people who are already affiliates in such networks about the pay and how well does the product do does it return on investment.
Old
I would like to know the accounting and legal aspects in starting an affiliate marketing career. I am an accountant by profession but I want to learn the ins and outs of venturing to this kind of activities. Thanks for having me in your forum
Old
Everything is taken care by the affiliate network that you work with and you just need to make sales.
Old
The most important thing in the network is you, without you (and others like you) the company wouldn't be able to make the extra profit that they do. So, when looking for a program, make sure you keep yourself in mind.

You'll need to make sure that the company is legit, ensure they're not fake and what not (there have been some fakes). Ensure that they'll pay you on time - so they're reliable, etc. That's just some, but again, make sure you're made important. Don't want to do all the work to be let down by the company.
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccountantInItaly View Post
I would like to know the accounting and legal aspects in starting an affiliate marketing career. I am an accountant by profession but I want to learn the ins and outs of venturing to this kind of activities. Thanks for having me in your forum
Hey -

I'm an accountant/ analyst as well in the United States. Do you work in public or private accounting? Out of curiosity, what got you interested in affiliate marketing? I recently found about it and have been trying to learn as much as I can!
Old
the first thing which should be considered is your niche. For example if your niche is gambling then you should register with Gambling affiliate programs, if your niche is pharmacy then you should join pharmacy affiliates.

after that you have to choose between CPA or revenue share.
Old
The discussion seems very interesting. I am new in this field and I found some very good suggestions from here. I would definitely use them in affiliate marketing.

Tags
affiliate marketing tips , affiliate networks , affiliates

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search