Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Selling Marketing Services?

Tools Search
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Selling Marketing Services?

Hi Everyone. Newbie here. I hope I'm in the right forum. You're a very technical oriented professional group and I'm a marketing virgin. I initially browsed this group attempting to find an affiliate marketing program where I could sell pest control products. The programs I found sold what I consider to be junk or where ppc models when I preferred a percentage of the sale like I do when I sell offline. I didn't like the products or model so next I directly persued companies carrying the products I'd like to sell in hopes of selling for them. I didnt recieve a single response despite what I proposed was basically a no sale no commision which means no cost to the merchant. I thought it was a no brainer. Protecting their niche or don't "get it" or my learning how to sell the concept to them? I'm guessing I'd have to start a store myself with my own products, perform my own marketing to achieve what I wanted to accomplish. Now Ive come to the conclusion I dont have the kind of money to pay for a store, products or to pay you all. All I wanted originally was supplemental income but it would take years to learn a fraction of what you guys already know in order to sell anything.
The more I read the more I learned what affiliate marketers can accomplish. This insight of your abilities has inspired a deeper and more financially rewarding concept of selling pest control services instead of products. However, a different problem arises. I know which company/companies to target and for how much based off their exsisting generous sales comission structure but I dont have the know how to offer and execute an affiliate marketing program. Do OPM's sit back and wait for an email from a merchant or are or are they proactive in selling your services? After learning how far behind the curve I am compared to you all. I think I'd suck at affiliate marketing. I'd do ok selling my own products. But I'd also like to investigate the possibility of me selling opm/affiliate marketing services. I'm hoping one of you can steer me in the right direction with the right people (I know you're out there) or to be contacted by someone interested in persuing this.

I look forward to your comments.
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM
ABW Ambassador
"I'm a marketing virgin." seems to tell the story.
You will need results to gain a merchants trust.
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
That's a typical response. Always bashing the new guy assuming we're asking the quickest way to make a a million. Im not asking how to make a million. Iam telling you I know where it is and with your help I'll share it.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old November 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
The Seal of Aproval
Randomname don't be so quick to assume that you're being bashed, because you weren't. What MCT told you was absolutely correct. You'll need a track record before anyone will talk to you. A track record means credibility. Do you think you can garner the trust and confidence of marketing professionals when they've never heard of you and have no idea what you can accomplish?

So great, you're going to share a million dollars with me. I've got at least 50 others that have said exactly the same thing and more today. Fortunately most of them were caught by my SPAM filters. I don't know any more about you than I do them, why would I have any confidence that you can deliver on your promise any more than they can?

So pardon us if we seem like we're bashing you, but we hear what you've said so many times in a day we have conditioned responses. So if you want to get rid of the skepticism, then we're right back to the original premise; You need results to gain trust! And since MCT does have a track record, I can say with confidence that he gave you an honest assessment, not a bashing.

-rematt
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hey rematt, I appreciate your reply. I racked my brain wondering why I felt bashed and no one receptive. I came to the same conclusion as you. You verified my thoughts. I was looking for information and I do find a lot of it here. I know you get what you pay for so I will most likely end up having to pay for consulting. Abw is a great group. Thank all of you for sharing all that you do.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search