Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Acceptable Reversal Rates

Tools Search
Old
Acceptable Reversal Rates

Obviously reversals are a part of the industry and come with the territory...

However, I am interested in what you think is the "acceptable" reversal rate from your merchants.

Do you go by the percentage of the amount of sales?
EX: 3 reversed sales out of 10 sales is ok (30%).

What formula do you use to decide that you cannot work with a merchant any longer due to too many reversals and drop them, replace links, etc...
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
Depends on the niche. I do not sell shoes but I understand that in that niche reversals are always in the 30-40% range. In my primary areas of home and garden products, the normal rate is under 10% (most merchants less than 5%) and I would question keeping any merchant that exceeds that for more than a brief period.

More important is why are sales being reversed. No reason or meaningless terminology is bad, bad credit card is acceptable, a specific problem with a specific product is ok, but repeated reversals because products are out of stock or otherwise unavailable are totally unacceptable.

I very rarely have had reversals due to tracking issues, such as "wrong referral" or similar, but if I saw that happening, I would inquire and if no satisfactory response was received, I would likely drop the merchant.
phil@abestweb.com
Old
I do not consider reversals important, what matters is EPC. I have merchants on my promotion list with upto 70% of reversals, but still their EPC (for me) is better than their competitors who have negligible reversals.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.

Tags
reversals

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search