Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

CJ - Befree & conflict of interest

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
CJ - Befree & conflict of interest

So NHL.com goes to GSI from Fanbuzz and in the process goes from CJ to Befree.

This is done with -1 days notice, meaning the day after the change is made, an announcement is made on the GSI boards. There must be 10,000's of CJ links out there that have not been changed over. Clicks from those links are showing up as "Invalid links generating traffic". (I've got over 50 of them right now)

However.... those CJ clicks are being re-directed to the shop.NHL.com home page where if any purchases are made through Befree, no commisions are being paid!

Isn't the usual policy that when a client leaves CJ, the links go to a page that says "this link is no longer valid"? But since CJ is in bed with Befree they are just sending all the free traffic over to them.
Old
notary sojac
tiyo, Kemo Sabe
Old
The slot machine that IS paid!
Send a message via AIM to Billy Kay Send a message via Yahoo to Billy Kay
Some days I want to read this board with my eyes closed!!
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
pph Expert!
Send a message via AIM to Gordon
Sometimes when I read posts like this I wonder which is worse for affiliates, CJ themselves or their parasite buddies.

This kind of stuff should not be allowed that is for sure, it's diabolical.

YouTrek
Old
The slot machine that IS paid!
Send a message via AIM to Billy Kay Send a message via Yahoo to Billy Kay
Some days I'm afraid to click on my own links - fearing whatever new "trick to take my money" was invented while I slept.
Old
ABW Ambassador
BTW - you know that announcement about the NHL.com program changing over to befree...... GSI didn't announce it until I posted about it.

I clicked on one of my links and my product link took me to a new NHL home page instead of the product. Immediately recognizing the GSI template "look", I got suspicious and looked at the bottom of the page, were I found and clicked on AFFILIATES. On that page it said how I should join up through Befree to earn great commissions!

In any event, CJ should not be forwarding the "invalid clicks" to NHL.com!

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54313
Old
A couple of points I wanted to address here.

First, Tough did make the announcement before I had a chance to do so. We were in the midst of launching the NHL program on very short notice ourselves, so I had simply not gotten to make the post on ABW yet. Again, I apologize for that lapse in communication. Hopefully, you can understand the position we were placed in.

Secondly, if I could have given you all more notice, I would have gladly done so. We didn't know that NHL was leaving CJ and coming to BeFree until the day of the actual move. As the deal was being put together, no one ever got around to informing the Online Marketing team here of a transition date. So what happened? All of a sudden we get news that NHL has to be transitioned to BeFree in 2 days. CJ sent out their communication to affiliates (I know a lot of you say you never got this email, but I am only repeating what I was told by CJ), and GSI hurried to get the program live on BeFree.

As for why the old CJ links are redirecting to the NHL homepage instead of the standard "this link is no longer valid" page. I will get in touch with the old CJ managers and see why this is happening.
Old
ABW Ambassador
From what I hear, nhl merchandise sales are down about 1000%, so it was probably a good time to make the transition.

I'm also hearing there's a chance the season may get un-cancelled (watch this space). If it does, lookout because hockey fans are big spenders.
Old
"As for why the old CJ links are redirecting to the NHL homepage instead of the standard "this link is no longer valid" page. I will get in touch with the old CJ managers and see why this is happening."

Well they should be able to fashion some sort of redirect so that tracking will not be affected. They're already redirecting qksrv links through bfast for at least one merchant who does not run under the BeFree platform at all.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search