Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

CJ Bug- Unable to View Publishers in Program

Tools Search
Old
CJ Bug- Unable to View Publishers in Program

So it appears that since as early as late Friday (3/21) to as late as Monday (3/24) several CJ advertiser accounts have been unable to view publishers in their account. We cannot see pending, joined, or declined applications with our program. I saw the issue first thing Monday morning and had 150+ pending applications to review with 100 approved publishers already (from automated approval rules). We just launched a new program for a brand new website and I CAN'T SEE ANY OF THE APPLICATIONS. I contacted CJ support, and my activation team who both submitted the issue to their engineers. I called to check today and they told me they now know that the issue isnt just my account but several other advertisers are having the same problem. I now have 250 pending apps that I cannot review.

1. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Should I ask for reparations/compensation for the trouble with a brand new account?

3. What kind of damage does this do to our program's reputation with publishers? I dont want them to think I am lazy or that we are ignoring them.
Old
Super Cool Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to IanBookMan
im a merchant in CJ and everything is working fine for us in regards to publisher applicants.
we get about 30-50 pending a day.

but i wouldn't worry about your rep with the publishers, I was one for a while (actually still sort of am) and most legit publishers realize that it can take days to be approved or declined.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
As an affiliate with many active sites, I've got a different slant on this. If I apply for a merchant, it's generally because I've got a spot for their products. If it takes too long for a response from the merchant, I'll move on, and either find a different merchant for that spot, or go on to something totally different, and it could be weeks, months (or maybe never) that I go back to that particual spot, even if I get notice that the original merchant has approved me. I can't just sit and wait for a response.

Can't CJ determine who the applicants are to send a generic email telling them the delay is their fault?
phil@abestweb.com
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
If I apply for a merchant, it's generally because I've got a spot for their products. If it takes too long for a response from the merchant, I'll move on
I agree and I wish more merchants took that into consideration. When I apply it's usually because I'm working on something right then and there.
Old
you make a good point about the waiting - there is a lot of competition for affiliates on CJ. I guess merchants probably don't understand that their may be an immediate opening for their program, unless they were an affiliate themselves.
However, im confident from how you describe yourself that there is 99% chance that if you applied to our program you would be automatically approved anyways.
I think most merchants that have some "know-how" have quality affiliates like yourself on auto-approve.
I know the only ones I have to approve are new and generally from countries that are on our watch list. I don't like to have to use guidlines like that but it's the nature of the beast.
So I figure I'm not alone in that, so any new affiliate from a risky country would probably have to expect a little wait time to get an answer.
That being said, out of 300 affiliates a week I get applying, maybe only 5 are legitmate (not including auto-approvals) so getting through that list can be mind-boggling.

I've never known CJ to reach out to affiliates unless it's a serious issue - meaning hundreds, perhaps thousands of programs are affected.
Old
ABW Ambassador
psurplus, are you able to edit your Advertiser Detail to indicate that there is currently a delay in publisher approvals due to a bug with Commission Junction?

Ian, I don't really see how your input is relevant. After all, psurplus clearly indicated his is a new program.
Old
they are getting pretty good affiliate numbers applying for a new program.
and cut me some slack, i need to build up some posts cause I just started this new account (new job, new account)
And as a merchant in CJ I thought I would throw in my $0.02 that all is working well with us.
And I sort of answered #1 and #3 of their questions.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanBookMan
and cut me some slack, i need to build up some posts cause I just started this new account (new job, new account)
The worst thing you can do here is post just for the sake of posting. Padding your post count is highly frowned upon. You'll benefit far more if you sit back and read and keep your posts limited to useful information.
Old
Snow, i still think you missed the point that I did in fact reply to the questions and then had some discussions with other members.
I know your a long time user and have learned a lot from you in the past reading some of your posts.
And although I am a "newbie" I actually am not to this forum or the industry, just my user name is, although I was away for awhile.
Anyways I have no interest in carrying this out further. It was a joke about padding with posts and you really need to lighten up a little, new people join all the time and you don't want to scare them away - or i need to learn how to use smileys better.
I'm sure there's hundreds of other topics that can use more moderating than this one.

BTW this is all typed in good humor/fun.
Please don't take it the wrong way.

and getting bact to the topic,

PSurplus, when you do get access to the affiliates let them know that you had some issues.
Everyone has experienced some sort of "down-time" and are generally pretty cool about it.

Last edited by IanBookMan; March 25th, 2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more apologizing on my part
Old
thanks for all the replies folks.

This is our second program on CJ, I've been managing our program(s) for nearly 2 years. We only recently joined CJ for one site, then launched another site and thats what program I am having trouble with. We were activated on a Friday right at the cutoff time, hence publishers saw our new program on the top of the list for Fri-Mon morning.

Snowman- you have a great suggestion I'll consider doing that if its not working by end of day.

we too use country filters for our own protection as well thats why there may be so many pending apps.
Old
still cannot view pending, active or declined publishers in our program. no word back from CJ, but I was told that this is a bigger issue and there are many more merchants with the same problem.
Old
ABW Ambassador
What error are you getting? Does accessing the pending affiliates page from https://members.cj.com/member/accoun...sortOrder=DESC work, without your ID being thrown in the path?

I can see into a few programs, and all can view all affiliates as usual/
Old
Joshua- There is no specific error message. No pages work where you would view publishers whether they are joined, pending, or declined. Apparently all NEW merchant advertiser programs are affected and there is still no fix as of 10am PST today. I'm not sure how "new" or recent this issue goes back to but we were activated last Friday.

I took the advice of Snowman and added a note in my program description. this is super frustrating as we sit almost dead in the water with a brand new program for a brand new website.
Old
ABW Ambassador
It is totally irresponsible of CJ that they haven't put up an announcement on this. I am not surprised though.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Great... this better be fixed before the next program I'm working with launches soon.
Old
yea I would not recommend launching a program until this is resolved. I just had a rep email me to let me know they are still working on it.
Old
ABW Ambassador
When I apply to new programs as a publisher, I don't expect quick acceptances, because I know the new merchants are probably flooded with applications. Hopefully that will mitigate any damage.
Old
Great news! Shortly before lunch today I was informed that the bug was fixed. Thanks engineers at CJ!

Now its time to look at 300+ pending apps for my new program.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search