|  » Forgot your password?
Join

CJ Product Functionality

Tools Search
Old
Pimp Duck
Just received the following:

quote:
You have received this message because you are a publisher in the Commission Junction network that uses product link functionality.

On November 22, 2002, Commission Junction will be enhancing its product link functionality to improve the reliability of the system, provide more information per product, allow for customization of the product feed and improve the overall usability of the system. Once the product link enhancements are complete, all product links for each advertiser will be aggregated into a single product catalog. This will enable you to track performance reporting at the product catalog level, as opposed to the individual product level as currently provided.

Key Changes:

All products within an advertiser's product catalog will share a single ad ID (AID). This approach aggregates all individual product link data under one product catalog and tracks it as a whole, making performance data no longer product link specific. This enables Commission Junction to support many more advertisers, and allows advertisers to create unique product catalogs for select publisher relationships.

Publisher's product feeds will no longer have a Commission Junction specific category. All category information will be provided directly by the advertiser. Some publishers may need to adjust their systems to account for this change.

Product feeds will include more information on each product.

Product feed formats will be customizable. You can receive only some of the data fields, all of the data fields, or reorganize the data field sequence to meet your needs.

Product feeds will be provided as pipe, CSV or tab delimited, or as a Commission Junction specific XML feed.

Product feeds will be delivered by email, to your FTP, to your Commission Junction FTP or via HTTP.

Publishers will be able to receive product feeds on a scheduled basis.
As previously noted, this new functionality will be available as of November 22, 2002. In order to take advantage of the new functionality you will need to migrate to the new system by February 20, 2003. Additional details will follow.

Game on!!!!
Old
I have also received today, cant wait to see how it comes out.
Old
ABW Ambassador
This is pretty exciting, and probably explains why I haven't had any response to my request for a datafeed update.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Sounds exciting, but not sure I understand how it all works. Need to see it I guess to understand it's full capabilities.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Excited to hear there will be more details. Bummed that each product will track as a catalog link or some such, rather than per item. I like to see which item sells. Guess it's time to really get tough on myself bout using the SID feature for that.

I put in a question about whether this means we have to switch out ALL product links by the date given in 2003.

Good luck hunting them all down, sigh.

- - - - -
42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Microdot sayeth:
"This is pretty exciting, and probably explains why I haven't had any response to my request for a datafeed update."

I dunno. But maybe it'd explain this:

I requested my first datafeed from CJ 9 days ago. I received an e-mail from them last night telling me the datafeed info would be at a specific URL this morning.

So far there's only a 0-length "merchant.txt" file and *no* .zip file with the data.

So, maybe it's due to the upcoming changes. Or maybe it means none of my merchants offer datafeeds?? I'd have thought J.C.Whitney, at least, would.

-- Mike
Old
Any improvement should be a good thing, but I can't help worrying about 2 things though:

1) Is it possible some merchants who previously have product links available at CJ will no longer if their system is incompatible with CJ's after the change?

2) What happens to URL/Image Redirects? Can we still use them after the change?

Thanks.

VAN
Old
Lets see how it comes out on 22 Nov
Old
Pimp Duck
Did anyone hear anything?

Game on!!!!
Old
ABW Ambassador
I have not heard anything, but wonder if what they were working on had anything to do with the reporting glitches this week.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.
Old
I asked if the old product links would no longer track. Their answer that I received was that they WOULD still track. However, I did not get the feeling that the customer service rep. was clear about what was going on.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi
I was just wondering what these data feeds are?
have i been missing something?

sorry to sound a bit stupid, but i always miss the obvious, it took me 6 months to notice the product links, silly me

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search