Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Double your income with almost no work!

Tools Search
Old
This is not spam!....

I always wanted to start a message like that.

This is the real deal, and you can all thank me later.

Step 1: Go into your CJ member area.
Step 2: Run reports to find all your merchants on all your sites that have an EPC less than 5 dollars.
Step 3: Put a big piece of javascript on each web page that promotes that merchant.
Step 4: Watch the money come in.

Now, obviously, you need to know the super-secret javascript....

GOOGLE ADSENSE.

http://www.google.com/adsense

Sign up and put the code on your pages. If you run your sites on a UNIX server, you can do this quite easily with a little perl search and replace.

Normally, I like to keep all my "secrets" to myself, but I think this google adsense thing, if more people do it, will not hurt my sales.

In case you are wondering... yes, I think my CJ sales and those from other merchants have gone down a bit. But, Google MORE than makes up for this.
Old
quote:
Originally posted by Witness:
This is not spam!....

I always wanted to start a message like that.

This is the real deal, and you can all thank me later.

Step 1: Go into your CJ member area.
Step 2: Run reports to find all your merchants on all your sites that have an EPC less than 5 dollars.
Step 3: Put a big piece of javascript on each of your web pages that features the under-performing merchants.
Step 4: Watch the money come in.

Now, obviously, you need to know the super-secret javascript....

GOOGLE ADSENSE.

http://www.google.com/adsense

Sign up and put the code on your pages. If you run your sites on a UNIX server, you can do this quite easily with a little perl search and replace.

Normally, I like to keep all my "secrets" to myself, but I think this google adsense thing, if more people do it, will not hurt my sales.

In case you are wondering... yes, I think my CJ sales and those from other merchants have gone down a bit. But, Google MORE than makes up for this.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I put Google's Adsense on a site with a non-performing merchant.

Wow! That's all I can say ... WOW!

I'd say there's some organizations in this business that haven't been looking out for their affiliate marketers that are about to get struck on the side of the head with a two-by-four without ever seeing it coming.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
notary sojac
and now: the rest of the story --

this works best where the page has narrow content. if your theme can't be determined, you may get public service messages.

_____
She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I just signed up and they approved it pretty fast. I definately have enough wording on the 2 pages I added banners to so far, I am impressed by the time I added the banners to the 2 pages and saved them, the banners were relevent right from the start.

Witness, any idea as to what the cut is on the clickthrough payouts? What do they seem to be averaging a click? Thanks

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!
Old
It is against Google's terms of service to discuss what you actually make. Regardless, I would not have posted had I not thought there was decent money to be made with adsense.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Witness,

quote:
It is against Google's terms of service to discuss what you actually make.

I keep telling myself not to skim over the TOS of programs but just never can seem to read them all the way through One of these days I know I'll get burned by my laziness

Anyways, I did join on your word right from the get go. I'll see how it goes and thanks for the heads up on the program.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!
Old
ABW Ambassador
this is a click program,
i don't know if it will be shut down later because of fraud by most cheating webmasters.

i do not trust click programs because of non-payment or program cancellation later.
But this is Google, any difference ?

How to know the click rate?

http://8n.nu/
Old
Pretty hard to keep a Google program such as Adsense a secret...

Been up about a week now. I am just hoping that this one lasts because it is definitely a winner.

In other words, I echo Vrindavan's sentiments, and concern...

Click rate incidentally, is right there on the stats page...

Jonathon Palbicke
Webmaster
www.krookedstix.com
Webmaster@krookedstix.com
Krooked Stix, Inc.
It's all golf baby!
Old
Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek
It just makes you wonder what type of protection they are going to give as far as fraudulant clicks. Advertisers aren't really going to like the idea of 50,000 webmasters clicking on a few links every day just to add to the webmasters coffers.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
-Preacher, Pale Rider
Old
ABW Ambassador
I first learned about Adsense a couple of weeks ago while reading through some news groups.

One particular affiliate was going on about how he was making nothing with CJ, but within 48 hours of putting Adsense up he had several dollars.

It's the same thing over again. Sites that don't have traffic that don't easily convert to sales turn to pay per click and send that non-converting traffic to ...in this case, Mr. Adword Advertiser.

Looks like a desperate measure by Google since Yahoo's move to independence.

Hope it works out for everyone. Don't abuse it...the Google team is pretty sharp.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Here's one such post in a newsgroup recently:

"Well, I've had a few clicks overnight and this has an average payment of
$0.33USD per click. Which is pretty bloody good IMO. This'll whip Commission
Junction and all the others based on a pretty unremarkable banner
advertising model. I've earnt more overnight than I would get in a month of
Sundays from Tradedoubler or CJ."
Old
Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist
quote:
i do not trust click programs because of non-payment or program cancellation later.
But this is Google, any difference ?

I don't particularly trust a lot of merchants myself.

But I figure on pages where I'm making Pbbbttt anyway, might as well run some links and test 'em out...

As for it being Google, I've found that big-name merchants are AT LEAST as risky as the little guys. Like with any independant, I won't really relax until I've cashed a (timely) check.

~Revenue is King
Old
ABW Ambassador
i don't know whether i can get paid from Google month after month (long term).

One thing is certain.

if this is too easy money for webmasters.
==> Adsense is too pricy for the advertisers.

IMHO

Old
ABW Ambassador
I think you hit it on the head Vrindavan.

The person that recently started with Adsense and averaging 0.33 per click. Some advertiser obviously paid way too much...especially in light that this particular webmaster couldn't sell a thing through CJ for anyone.

Google has got to out of their tree if they think there is suddenly a whole new breed of webmaster out there different than the ones that helped ruin pay per click in the past.

Good luck Google.
Old
There are numerous reasons why a site can have good-converting traffic but can't make decent money with affiliate programs.

Example 1: No appropriate affiliate programs for that topic
Example 2: first session-only cookies
Example 3: Poor tracking
Example 4: Merchant's website sucks
Example 5: Poor commission payouts
Example 6: Site uses banners to promote merchants
Example 7: Site promotes inappropriate merchants

To suggest that people clicking on contextual ads won't buy is yet to be proved. I know a lot of businesses that would kill to get even poorly converting traffic at 33 cents a click, since their margins are so high.
Old
ABW Ambassador
That's right, MJCB, there are lots of reasons good traffic can't make money on an affiliate program, the most noteworthy one being where the available merchants can't convert the traffic. And why should they bother learning to convert traffic when they can hop over to Overture or Google Adwords and get all the pricey traffic they want, while their affiliate patsies send them free traffic to reduce their average cost per visitor?

The folks at Google are no dummies. They didn't get where they're at by being stupid. I'll bet they've found a way to deal with the fraud issue or they wouln't be venturing into the pay-for-clicks waters. In fact, expect them to cherry-pick sites that provide quality traffic while the dredgings are left to the affiliate networks.

The networks haven't done a good job of keeping the affiliate merchants whole. For many of us, incomes continue to shrink while we scurry to build more and more traffic to make up for falling revenues. Unreliable and poor-converting merchants, insufficient checks-and-balances, tracking and reporting problems, parasites, merchants that don't pay, etc. all add up to affiliates not getting paid for performance.

In my experience, I have to try out about ten merchants to find one that's worth working with. How many do I have to try out at AdSense? Zero ... that's right, zero. If the advertiser wants to play, they have to pay.

The networks that affiliates have tried to rely upon have left a gaping hole in the revenue boat for small sites and the folks at Google are stepping in to plug it.

It won't surprise me to see affiliate networks fail in the next six months. I think CJ has the best chance of survival, but the race is on IMHO.
Old
Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek
mjcb and whiznot both have good points.

whiznot said:
- - - - -
It won't surprise me to see affiliate networks fail in the next six months. I think CJ has the best chance of survival, but the race is on IMHO.
- - - - -

Heh, this is sure shaping up to be an interesting year, with various portals duking it out and trying to rise above the others, and now this. Every major player in this industry needs to stay on their toes this year!

This is better than watching a karate flick.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
-Preacher, Pale Rider
Old
ABW Ambassador
i do not think affiliate marketing concept will fail, only poorly run performance network will fail.

I wish someone can compare the EPC
from affiliate program link vs adsense program links.

Will Google drop a site without paying after webmaster accumulated a certain amount of earning?

Old
It is likely that webmasters have just been getting screwed for so long. CJ takes a big cut out of a commission, so do other ad networks and pay-per-click. I do not know what the percentages are for google.. but let's say they pay out 90% of revenue to affiliates. The cost is SO little to them to run the program once it is in place. It is just a piece of javascript WITH THEIR add on it. It queries a database they already have... The advertisers are already there... I am just hoping Google figured out the secret... You do not need to screw over everybody to make money.

Merchant pays 1 dollar a click.. makes 2 dollars per visitor. Visitor happy, merchant happy.
Google pays affiliate (OK, content site), 90%. Webmaster is happy.

Google gets 10 cents for the click... They probably make a profit of 5 cents. The overhead is so little because the idea and programs are SO SIMPLE. Hell, goto.com has already educated everybody. In this case, being second might be a very good thing.

My thinking is this. Google has been a bit awry recently (if you follow all the SEO stuff out there you know what i am talking about). I think they have been putting a lot of resources and effort into the adsense program. If it works, I think this will be the NEXT BIG THING. It is a direct competitor to CJ, Linkshare, etc, and goto.com, findwhat.com, etc. The fact that I, and many other affiliates/merchants HATE goto.com/findwhat.com on account of their dubious partnerships with Gator et. al., I think Google's adsense will be the next huge thing. I mean HUGE.

What happens next? Microsoft, with their new bot, will join the party. Will they refuse to rank sites that have google adsense on them?

quote:
Originally posted by Vrindavan:
i don't know whether i can get paid from Google month after month (long term).

One thing is certain.

if this is too easy money for webmasters.
==> Adsense is too pricy for the advertisers.

IMHO

Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via MSN to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to AffiliateBuddha
I can imagine a scenario where affiliates are building "revenue pages" SEOing them for LOTs of high-traffic keywords on google and using google to make money out of ad-sence.

Eventually, Google will have to close down this program.

---
"What we think, we become."
-- Gautama The Buddha
Old
I thought about that too. But the logical question is why? Why would google care if they are sending their searchers to sites that have adwords? They make money from that. The only thing I can see is people will suspect that sites with adwords on them get a ranking "boost"...

quote:
Originally posted by AffiliateBuddha:
I can imagine a scenario where affiliates are building "revenue pages" SEOing them for LOTs of high-traffic keywords on google and using google to make money out of ad-sence.

Eventually, Google will have to close down this program.

---
-- Gautama The Buddha
Old
Elbowcreek said
quote:
Heh, this is sure shaping up to be an interesting year

I'll second that - you just can't take your eye off the ball these days. Just imagine what happened to the revenues of some of the cheapo RON banner networks the day after AdSense launched. That kind of thing scares me. Diversify and keep moving...
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via MSN to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to AffiliateBuddha
The answer to "why?" will be that serchers will be rather unhappy to find the same google ads on each and every pages, some of them having nothing else but google ads.

This has to result in serchers finding asylum with another search engine(s) that provide more genuine results, google can not afford that!

---
-- Gautama The Buddha
Old
ABW Ambassador
My prediction1:

Adsense clicks will have an idependent price per click. Now Asense does not deliver too much clicks, but later on, almost no one would like to pay the same for Adsense Click than Adwords because it has been demostrated that Search engines convert better than content sites, so Adsense clicks will be cheaper or Adwords customers will start to disable "content partners".

My prediction 2:

Adsense program will start to accept only bigger sites, to avoid webmasters fraud, and monitoring and security costs. (I'm surprisied they are accepting small sites now)

Fer

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search