Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

email from BeFree Isn't Being Delivered

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
email from BeFree Isn't Being Delivered

Last week I received a personal email from the MGM MIRAGE affiliate manager. Included in that email was a reminder that they were leaving BeFree/CJ at the end of the month. I thought, What?, I never received any notification. I spoke with her the next day and she told me she had sent out another email through the BeFree system to all affiliates. I didn't receive that one either. Then it dawned on me that I haven't received any emails from BeFree merchants in weeks (maybe even a couple of months).

So I sent the following message to BeFree through their website:

"I am no longer receiving any email that BeFree merchants that I am affiliated with are sending to their affiliates. I spoke with the MGM MIRAGE affiliate manager today and she told me about two recent emails she sent to affiliates through the BeFree merchant interface. I didn't receive either one of them nor have I received any emails from other BeFree merchants in many weeks. My email address has not changed and I have checked all email folders."

I just received the following reply (note that the <> that appears in place of my email address is exactly what the message had; I am quoting the message verbatim:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We have located an active affiliate account for you in our system under the e-mail address: <>. An undeliverable message may occur if the recipient's mailbox is full, the receiving mail server is unavailable or you have addressed the email to a non-existing email address.

Unfortunately, the original undeliverable email can not be resent. The system is not designed to allow for manual re-delivery of email flagged as undeliverable. Maintaining a current account email address will ensure proper delivery of all email going forward.

There is a possibility that you have a mail filter or spam filer enabled on your system that is causing the BFast email to not go through.
A mail filter is a piece of software which takes an input of an email message. For its output, it might pass the message through unchanged for delivery to the user's mailbox, it might redirect the message for delivery elsewhere, or it might even throw the message away. Some mail filters are able to edit messages during processing.
Mail filters can be installed by the user, either as an extension of the operating system, or as part of their mail user agent. Internet service providers can also install mail filters in their mail transfer agents as a service to all of their customers. We would suggest checking if these filters are enabled on your system.

Please take a few moments to review your account information Partner Gateway and update as needed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

BFAST Partner Gateway Support Team

Commission Junction, a ValueClick company"

None of what they said applies and my email address in my BeFree profile is accurate. And what is absolutely ridiculous is that there is no option to reply to his response. The problem is clearly on BeFree's end.

I have only two BeFree merchants that I care about, although I do have other active BeFree merchants. Obviously MGM MIRAGE now knows about this from me. I emailed the affiliate manager of the other merchant that I care about late last week notifying her of this problem and asking if she had sent anything to affiliates over the past two months. I haven't received a reply.

Are there any MGM MIRAGE affiliates here who received an email earlier this month informing of a move away from BeFree?
Old
ABW Ambassador
I got the email from them on 11/1/06.
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
In the next few weeks, the MGM MIRAGE Affiliate Program will be re-launching with a new Affiliate Service Provider. As a valued partner, we want to keep you updated regarding these important changes.

Our current program with Commission Junction on the BFAST platform will remain active until November 29, 2006 at 11:59 PM PST. Our new affiliate program will be operational starting December 1, 2006.

All sales generated through our current program will cease to be reported as a commissionable sale after November 29, 2006. Be advised that bookings recorded up to, and on November 29th, will be credited to your account. We will continue to audit these reservations after the November 29th cut off and you will continue to receive payments for Qualified Bookings through Commission Junction as you normally do. Payments will continue until all reservations booked through the November 29th cutoff have been audited.

On November 24, 2006, you will receive another e-mail reminding you of the cut-off date and additional information regarding the transition. We appreciate your patience and look forward to continuing our partnership with you. Please contact me with any questions or comments.

Thank you for being an MGM MIRAGE Affiliate!
Kinda of surprised in who they picked to go with after they leave BeFree tough.
Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Scott, it sounds like you know who they will be going with. If so, could you let us know?
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Scott, it sounds like you know who they will be going with. If so, could you let us know?
I tried to get it of the AM, but she wouldn't budge on the info, sighting confidentiality agreements. So I don't think I should pass along what I know. MY APpraisal of the move is still in doubt though, but I was assured direct linking was going to be available, so I'm happy with that
Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search