Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Help!! Click abuse!!

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
Help!! Click abuse!!

I started a thread yesterday about CJ reporting of clicks being a bit whacked out. That thread went another direction which is fine. The problem I woke up to this morning is 6,000 clicks on a specific ad AID which I use exclusively on a PPC search campaign . I normally only receive about 300 clicks from this ad. Also, the PPC account is not reflecting all these clicks, just the CJ account. Now, I have paused the PPC search campaign and it appears to have stopped the excessive clicks. Knowing that this is not a result of a spider crawling my site, how can this happen? I am not being charged for the clicks, but it is going to cause some crap when the AM finds it. If someone is trying to sabatoge my account, how do you stop it? Yes, the PPC search is a lower tier search engine, but I have been making decent money through them for over 2 years. The questions are: How can something like this happen, and how can I stop it from continuing? It is obviously robotic, but HELP!!!!! It's direct linking to a merchant's landing page..

Thanks in advance..

Airstrip
Old
ABW Ambassador
My guess is the PPC engine is smart enough not to double count clicks from the same user, but from what I remember CJ is incapable of distinguishing such.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to darkstorm
I guess the best way is to contact the support of the PPC and tell them about them, maybe they'll ban the user(s) site from which the clicks are coming from.
If the PPC network where you advertise is a bit serious will do that for you.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
general fuq
Ticket guy....your spot on,

but that doesn't mean that NQ won't have an eye on it. Drop a line to CJ if you feel the need Airstrip.

Some networks report everything, where as others that get paid for the clicks need to remove those clicks from the equation completely due to click fraud overcharges...remember that 90 mil settlement for the big G?
Old
You can also change out the CJ affiliate URL HTML to another
CJ .com keeping your PID & AID intact.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thanks everyone for the great advice. What I did do is change out the AID and and resubmitted the the entire campaign and it seems to have corrected itself. Also, I just started using MSN adcenter and there was excessive clicks registered at CJ as well and not at MSN. So I wasn't charged. I was sarting slow and receiving about 30-40 clicks on PPC ads and bingo, CJ showed almost 400 clicks. My EPC is in the tank bigtime over this crap!
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstrip
Thanks everyone for the great advice. What I did do is change out the AID and and resubmitted the the entire campaign and it seems to have corrected itself. Also, I just started using MSN adcenter and there was excessive clicks registered at CJ as well and not at MSN. So I wasn't charged. I was sarting slow and receiving about 30-40 clicks on PPC ads and bingo, CJ showed almost 400 clicks. My EPC is in the tank bigtime over this crap!
My revised guess would be they're refreshing the clicks on your particular link outside of the search engine. Maybe they have some automated tool for doing that.
Old
ABW Ambassador
MSN or Cj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketguyz
My revised guess would be they're refreshing the clicks on your particular link outside of the search engine. Maybe they have some automated tool for doing that.
ticketguyz...Do you mean MSN or CJ doing the refreshing. I am a little confused as to what refreshing is? Ok... maybe be totally confused...

Thanks
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstrip
ticketguyz...Do you mean MSN or CJ doing the refreshing. I am a little confused as to what refreshing is? Ok... maybe be totally confused...

Thanks
Sorry... didn't mean it as a technical term... I just mean they might be "clicking" your link outside of the search engine completely. They could be extracting your aid and pid from the search page and then running it through some kind of automated program. Maybe they are clicking over and over on the search page too... who knows. Either way there isn't really anything you can do about it.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search