Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: I'm going in debt to CJ

Tools Search
Old December 18th, 2002, 02:53 PM
ABW Ambassador
At the present rate that I'm receiving reversals from merchants (from God knows how long ago), by the end of the month I'll actually owe CJ.

Does anyone know of someone who actually had to pay CJ? I'm getting reading to say goodbye to CJ (after almost 3 years).

Is there a CJ statute of limitations timeframe a merchant has to do reversals. How far back can they go?
Old December 18th, 2002, 04:45 PM
ABW Ambassador
Hey, I had one Linkshare merchant go back 3 months and batch up several hundred dollars worth of reversals (blaming it on an affiliate manager that left the company). Took away all that month's commissions and ate into the next month's commissions with that merchant.

Linkshare let them do it and had no comment on the matter.

Needless to say I no longer promote that merchant.
Old December 18th, 2002, 05:00 PM
ABW Ambassador
Ebay is already going back to October...and I'm afraid this duplicate thing might go even further back. Ebay alone may cause me to actually owe CJ money before it's all over with.

What a horror it would be to log in and see red numbers for your balance.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old December 18th, 2002, 05:08 PM
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
eHobbies at CJ went all the way back to January 2002 and reversed sales with reason "unauthorized lead". They don't pay on leads and they wacked this months legit sale, because of that 12 month old locked sale getting reversed. Excuse was I owed them on returned sales from months ago so they cancel some current sales to make up the difference. Lovely words do not describe my surprise at this new merchant tactic. Sure wish some would cancell all of Sept -Nov sales hijacked by ebates and refuse December payments on some lame TOS violation excuse.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?
Old December 18th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I guess a locked transaction that you've gotten the check for already really doesn't mean anything?

This is not good at all. Someone from CJ needs to address this issue. Todd???

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies
Old December 18th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Congrats BLFH on being the ABW Moderator of the Year. You earned it. Now if you want to review the thread for this eHobbies fiasco see
http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...2836096181&p=2

and I did send complaints into CJ support over this issue of cancelling current sales for months old locked sales due to customer returns or what ever excuse the merchant has at the moment.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?
Old December 18th, 2002, 05:55 PM
ABW Ambassador
Yes, we got the "official" email from ebay about the big CJ mistake. Now I'd like to get an "official" email from CJ explaining how this kind of thing could happen and what they have done to make sure it will not every happen again.

It makes me worried that some month down the road I'll be seeing dozens of reversals from all kinds of merchants because of some flaw in the system. It's bad enough that we have to deal with ebates, but reversing our leads because of some "mistake" just does not cut it in this day and age.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.
Old December 18th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Guess I'll have to watch what I say now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'll be waiting with anticipation for the graphic award you designed so I can proudly display it on my web site.

I had to be away from the computer for a few hours this afternoon and this evening. And what do I come back to, but to all these posts about merchants reversing charges from long long ago. Not just one merchant either. What the hay?! Did scrooge take hold of all of them? Did retail christmas sells not meet expectations, so they figure to make it up by taking back money already paid?

This industry must have transparency if all parties are going to be successful. The A-G thing must happen. Merchants could never get away with this type of thing except in AM, and that is just not right. Can you imagine what would happen if ebay tried to take back the money it paid the TV networks to run their ads during this holiday season. Or if they just didn't pay them?

These types of things are not just whines from affiliates. This are legitimate complaints and concerns.

On the brighter side, Ms Cleo has had a vision that in the 2003 there will be significant positive change in the industry bringing affiliates onto a more level playing field and merchants will be adopting the attitude of engaging affiliates in a true partnership relationship. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Old December 18th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Schlaumeier
Send a message via AIM to cumbrowski
It will be interesting in May, when you filed and paid your taxes for the 2002 commission and a merchant starts to reverse sales due to returns for 2002 orders.

Then I have to go back to the IRS and tell them, that I actually paid too much Taxes because a 5-10 months old income was taken away from me and that I want the Tax back.
They will send the cops and throw me into a Madhouse, because they consider such jokes NOT FUNNY.

Such Merchant behaviour should be illegal (that would be an useful law for a change).
I would first contact the merchant (by phone and record the call on tape), then the program provider (CJ,LS,BF etc.) and if all that does not help, file an offical complaint at the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and the IFCC (Internet Fraud Complaint Center).

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!
Old December 18th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Since BLFH has chosen to remain a hidden force here at ABW her Award reflects her new nick name..The Cajun Queen..

Here's hoping this get's me enough brownie points not to get booted from the board for bad humor or off color rants.

Webmaster Mike

Old December 18th, 2002, 07:55 PM
ABW Ambassador
So if CJ can mess up transactions this bad, and miss the errors for this long, it kinda makes you wonder about their old statement:

"Tracking will not be effected during this time."

Apparently, tracking HAS been effected! I wonder if they would bother to CREDIT us several months down the road if they discovered that tracking was effected and they owed US money on locked months.

Makes you wonder... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.
Old December 18th, 2002, 07:58 PM
ABW Ambassador
Hey Mike,

That's a good looking Award!

But if BLFH uses it as an avatar, won't that throw the columns off?

(Guess that's in another post about BLFH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.
Old December 18th, 2002, 08:17 PM
TY Mr. Mike. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Here's hoping this get's me enough brownie points not to get booted from the board for bad humor or off color rants.

No worry there. Most I could do would be to give you a verbal warning. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Lot of good that would do... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
But if BLFH uses it as an avatar, won't that throw the columns off?

(Guess that's in another post about BLFH! )

ROFLMAO! I really never noticed that on my monitor. I'm surprised no one ever said anything about it. But in honor of Mike's hard work and thinking up a new nickname for me, I can always change my screen name to: BLFH The Cajun Queen
and see what that does to everyone's posting alignments. That's one character more than what my screen name used to be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Old December 18th, 2002, 08:21 PM
@Carsten,

Isn't that the truth!

@Andy,

Makes you wonder who will be picking the locks next. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Old December 18th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Wait til they get bored and start trying to guess what BLFH stands for...

[ edited inappropriate portion of post]

Webmaster Mike

[This message was edited by Haiko on December 19, 2002 at 12:31 AM.]
Old December 18th, 2002, 08:27 PM
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

=======

Mike,

When are you wrong?

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Old December 18th, 2002, 08:48 PM
pph Expert!
Send a message via AIM to Gordon
BLFH
quote:
No worry there. Most I could do would be to give you a verbal warning. Lot of good that would do...
Your right it would not do a blind bit of good to tell Mike, but if you told Charlie he might peck at his fingers when types naughty words [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
Gordon
YouTrek
Old December 18th, 2002, 08:52 PM
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Looks like I missed something. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Note that was Haiko on that edit key, not me.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Old December 18th, 2002, 09:05 PM
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
Honor, Integrity and Truth!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search