Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Today's Sales

Tools Search
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via MSN to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to AffiliateBuddha
How are sales today, none here yet ... anybody else?
Old April 3rd, 2004, 12:21 PM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via MSN to Allen Nance Send a message via Yahoo to Allen Nance
6 sales so far today cj
Old April 3rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
ABW Ambassador
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
ABW Ambassador
It's getting to be a daily routine: Sales coming in at a nice steady pace with a nice even rhythm, then when peak traffic hours hit, BANG! - sales just stop for the day.

Kinda reminds me of the time our downstairs neighbors cut holes in the walls to tap into our heating ducts. The heat worked just fine until they got home.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:45 PM
ABW Veteran Student
Todays sales are like dry heaves. You feel like something should come up but you get nothing but bitter dissapointment.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
ABW Ambassador
Maybe it's the nice weather keeping people outside.......
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:54 PM
ABW Veteran Student
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Maybe it's the nice weather keeping people outside.......

I am getting plenty of visitors and click-thrus so I don't think it's lack of people. I know it has to be reporting delays because my quick stats and my reports are not matching up.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:34 PM
Action Jackson - King of the World
Send a message via AIM to jackson992 Send a message via MSN to jackson992
I had a great day on the 1st. Since then only 1 sale early yesterday morning. Might be because it's the weekend tho.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
ABW Ambassador
Well todays traffic is good but sales suck. Only 2 little ones BUTTTTTT,

MERCHANTS BEWARE - DaPAckster is out shopping and making test purchases tonight One of my purchases was about an hour ago, but reporting seems to be a little over an hour behind so it wouldn't of shown yet most likely.

Abigail,
The weather sucks here today Snow tomorrow

Camping Gear and Equipment
Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
ABW Ambassador
30 sales so far.

Posting delay: 1 hour 29 minutes
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
ABW Ambassador
quote:
30 sales so far.

No wonder not many sales for me, you have em all DPG

A test purchase at Zappos did shoe up a little over 2 hour delay;

3-Apr-2004 18:32 PST -
3-Apr-2004 20:37 PST

Camping Gear and Equipment
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
ABW Ambassador
Lol Dapackster!,

Don't have em all. In fact its kinda slow today.

Latest Posting Delay: 3-Apr-2004 18:50 PST 3-Apr-2004 20:48 PST
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:39 PM
Clicks & Impressions are TOTALLY Off -- Nothing is showing up Correctly on any of My CJ Sites.

And, Nothing is being reported. All of my sites are functioning -- I checked, And I Have Not changed anything on my Sites -- new links, etc.

So What's going on???
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via AIM to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via MSN to AffiliateBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to AffiliateBuddha
quote:

I am getting plenty of visitors and click-thrus so I don't think it's lack of people. I know it has to be reporting delays because my quick stats and my reports are not matching up.

Exactly the same situation over here
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Affiliate Manager
quote:

Which merchants do you promote?
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:08 PM
ABW Ambassador
quote:
Which merchants do you promote? ~AfilliateBuddha
The ones that sell

3-Apr-2004 21:39 PST 3-Apr-2004 22:30 PST

Saturdays are always slow.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:49 PM
Yesterday and today I've had no sales which is highly unusual. I was wondering if there was delayed reporting going on.

Anyone else have a severe dropoff that hasn't picked up yet?

Christine
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:57 PM
ABW Veteran Student
I've had good sales the last couple of days but todays reporting seems a little delayed.
Old April 4th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Wow McNabb you've been around a long time. Would you believe that I didn't even know affiliate marketing online existed until late January 2004? It's a very hidden income source it seems to me unless you specifically look for affiliate marketing then it's everywhere on the web.

Are you still making good money with affiliate marketing? Is affiliate marketing getting too crowded with people or is there still lots of money out there for all of us?

Christine
Old April 4th, 2004, 01:14 AM
ABW Veteran Student
Considering most people have never purchased online and the fact that once someone does they are likely to do it again I think there is plenty of room for more affiliates.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Yesterday was really good but today appears a little slower although with daylight savings, some are still sleeping since they lost an hour. No transaction occurences have posted since little before 5am PST for me.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Way off here. 1 sale so far.
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I realize no one is gonna divulge their sales tactics here, but do most people manually post links each day, or do most just rely on dynamic links generated by software?

I, myself, run a site where I choose the links each day, so it's tedious, and it doesn't seem to make a whole lot for me.

dan
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Pick out 5 showcase high conversion merchnats and really study their sites offerings based upon your sites traffic mix of shoppers seek. The every few days put up product specials anyone would want to buy if they saw that brand/model and the price on your pages. Focus -focus -focus your sites referral traffic rahter then fool with waisted advertising efforts.

I do well if I can make sure those 5 showcase merchnats get 90% of the click from my site's traffic. The other 285 merchants can suck eggs as they've proven over 6 years they couldn't or won't convert even if they were one of those 5 showcase merchants getting 80-100/clicks per day. Do you notice 5 merchants at ABW willing to post the monthly conversion ratios? Didn't think so as most are just recruiting here and hiding the fact they allow even the sleazest affiliates-SE spammers into the fold diluting their conversions ratios to where they are a joke ...without the tricksters.

If I ran a network, any merchant not getting a steady 1 sale per 150 clicks would be put on probation. No exceptions as they'd have to then pay a per-click ..plus a per sale fee to get off probation.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
Pick out 5 high concerting merchants. I do well if I can make sure those 5 showcase merchants get 90% of the click from my site's traffic. The other 285 merchants can suck eggs as they've proven over 6 years they couldn't or won't convert even if they were one of those 5 showcase merchants getting 80-100/clicks per day.
If I ran a network, any merchant not getting a steady 1 sale per 150 clicks would be put on probation. No exceptions as they'd have to then pay a per-click ..plus a per sale fee to get off probation.

I am with you 100% about the merchants that do not have s performing average should be put to a test! But that means they take a chance losing the merchant so most major networks cow tow and dont say anything and just let the affiliate take the shaft as we all know. What makes it worse when the affiliate networks get to big like CJ and Befree then they stop even caring because they can offer low prices to merchants to get them to their network, that as well keeps them there. If they do not pay there affiliates that send them sales then they just say well we are the biggest and have all of these merchants so the affiliates will have no choice but to stay with us if they want to represent many of the well known merchants. that sucks but that is happening as well. WOW< JUST HAD TO VENT! How many people feel like we get used and abused to make money for these merchants and all we ask for is to get paid the chump change of the items that we help sell from there sites. I feel like the 265 you mention should be dropped into the probation pit and not be able to keep promoting their programs unless there averages increase with the affiliates they have that would make the merchants actually start trying to help the afiliate make money which should be the case anyway, right? I at least thought that was the way it was supposed to work.
www.savecashshopping.com
www.advantagesaver.com
www.stediwattsales.com
www.aplusenergy.com

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search