Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

What Is a Smart Zone, How do they work, and are they any good??

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi All,

Since I can't get in to CJ I thought I would ask You what is a Smart Zone, and any other thing that You could tell me about them?

Thanks and Love You!
HumbleFish

"THE CURSE OF THE LAW TRACT"
Old
ABW Ambassador
it's a remote random ad block.

Each time the "image" is requested, it returns a random ad from your selections - at the server, the clickthrough is sent to the last ad requested by that IP.

And, yes, I have had sales through mine.

--
"No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
--
Ford Fox-body Owners Club
http://www.ford-fox.org
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
Easy answer - Banner rotator.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Add whatever banners from CJ that you like to it, then, place the code on your site and it will rotate them, iirc.

----
-J
When you're down It's a long way up
When you're up It's a long way down
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thanks Everyone!

Can You make it use all the same size banners... I mean, can You make it do only the smaller Banners?

Old
ABW Ambassador
quote:
Originally posted by Haiko:
Easy answer - Banner rotator.
That description would have saved me some time when I first signed on at CJ - I added a bunch of different links to a few smartzones, then I expected to get one big "get html" file with all of them there for a quick set of usable links within a category...
Old
Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist
You can select the banner size for the SZ, yes.

~Revenue is King
Old
ABW Ambassador
Cool... Does this cost anything or is it free?

Old
ABW Ambassador
it's free.

You can also rotate text ads with ti, which works better than banners.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thanks SamBay,

That's great... I think I'm ready to try it... Here's what I took from CJ's site to help get me started (incase someone else is interested):

"Guide to Smartzones:
Question What are SmartZones and how do I use them? Answer A SmartZone is both a banner-rotation utility and a utility which makes it possible to download links straight to your web site, without having to edit your HTML source code each time you change a banner.

SmartZones are NOT required. If your particular web site experiences performance problems with SmartZones, you may wish to use individual banners and links. SmartZones perform best with 6 or fewer ads per SmartZone.

To create a SmartZone, first log in to the Member Home Area at www.cj.com. Click on the “Account” tab. Click on the “SmartZone Settings” subtab. On the right side of the screen, look for the little green “Create” button which permits you to create a SmartZone. When you click on this button, a popup window appears and asks for the following information:

Create a name for this SmartZone (for your reference):
Which Web site would you like to associate this SmartZone with?
What is the URL where you will place this SmartZone?
Select the type and size of links to be placed in this SmartZone?

Once all these questions have been answered, the pop-up window will disappear. You must then add at least one link to the SmartZone before you Get HTML. Once you Get HTML (which is the HTML for the SmartZone), you may place the HTML for the SmartZone anywhere on your Web site, just as you now place HTML for links.

There are two ways to choose and add a link to a SmartZone. You can go to Get Links, choose the specific link you want to use and then click “Add to SZ” on the right-side of the page to add it to a SmartZone. Another option is if you are in the “SmartZone Settings” on the Account page, click “View” to the right of the specific SmartZone you want to place a link in, click “Add Link,” and you will go to the Get Links page to select the link you want to place.

Only one link will appear in the SmartZone at a time. Links will rotate; each time a person refreshes your page, a different one will appear. All the links in your SmartZone will appear an equal number of times unless you change the “weighting” of a particular link --- a higher weight means that a banner appears more frequently relatively to the other banners on the list. If you set the weight to 0 then the banner will never display.

TIP: You may use the SmartZone technology to rotate several banners into a single space on your web site. You may also use the SmartZone with a single banner simply to avoid having to edit your web site source code every time you want to change the banner. To do the latter, just add a new banner to the SmartZone and delete the old one.

WARNING: Changes to SmartZones will take 24-48 hours to appear on your site, as the information must be updated across all our servers."

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search