|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Dr. Esselstyn's Vegan diet

Tools Search
Old
Affiliate Manager
Dr. Esselstyn's Vegan diet

Who here as seen these two videos

YouTube - ‪Bill Clinton became a vegan, lost 24 pounds, healing himself by not ingesting any cholesterol.‬‏

YouTube - ‪Doctors Explain Healthy Way for Bill Clinton's Dramatic Weight Loss‬‏

I was blown away by the results and bought his $10 book 3 months ago.

I'm not having any medical issues but wanted to protect myself and my wife from having any.

I was on some BP pressure for 140/80 to get it to 125/75 and cholesterol was 175 with some meds it was 155 for last 6 years or so.

Now no more meds BP 115/70 cholesterol 135

The diet isn't simple he advocates not to eat any animal based food at all no dairy no oils including olive oil.

He has about 150 recipes in his book, believe it or not there's plenty of good things to eat.

We were not looking to lose weight although we did lose about 12lbs each.

Our level of energy has dramatically increased.

The other book I'm looking for release is by Dr. Dean Ornish.

Any thoughts on this?

Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
Let me preface this by saying that though I am not vegan, I am very familiar with the vegan diet and vegan cooking. My daughter and son-in-law are vegan, and have been so for a decade. Though they live 1000 miles away and we only get together two or three times a year, when we are together, we observe their diet restrictions both in cooking and in eating out.

Their reasons for being vegan are not related to heath, but involve their animal rights activism and strong belief that animals should not be raised and killed as a human food source.

My daughter is a fabulous vegan cook (I'm not too bad either) and for a few days a year, MrsHound and I abide by their rules. I often think that I could follow it permanently (for the same reasons my daughter and son-in-law do), but MrsHound cannot.

That said, I do not know much about Dr. Esselstyn, but his theories and studies are nothing new. There is a wealth of documentation going back decades that show the benefits of a vegetarian diet to coronary health and in reducing hypertension. A business associate of mine in the late 1970s-early 1980s reduced his high blood pressure to healthy numbers without medication, by following a vegetarian diet.

If you are going to continue to follow a vegan diet, then the one book that you absolutely have to have is Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Far more than a cookbook, is the ultimate treatise on veganism, explaining how to transform fruits and vegetables in to delectable meals.
phil@abestweb.com
Old
Affiliate Manager
Doctors Esselstyn & Ornish both became high profile with advising Bill Clinton.

There's also a new movie released "Forks over Knives" which is an independent release so it may not show in every theater around the country.

Another interesting book is the "China Study"

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Send a message via AIM to CPA Saw Adam Send a message via Skype™ to CPA Saw Adam
Just eat a balanced diet fattys! Just kidding. Cutting out red meat is great. I'm not so sure about 100% veganism. Seems like it would be torture..

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search