Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Is there a treadmill with a computer or laptop stand?

Tools Search
Old
Is there a treadmill with a computer or laptop stand?

Id love to find a treadmill that has a small table in front where you can put your laptop on it and work while youre exercising.

It would make the exercising fly by and I wouldnt feel liek I was taking time away from my work.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via MSN to kmacbc
I haven't come across one...but I think you should leave your lap top in your locker. Get out there and sweat it out. It will lead to better productivity, studies show. Don't worry about missing out on work...you are doing something to benefit YOU and your health. That should come first.

Besides, Americans work too much. Buy and iPod and you'll look just as techy.

Best, ~K
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Send a message via ICQ to Amanda_A Send a message via AIM to Amanda_A Send a message via MSN to Amanda_A Send a message via Yahoo to Amanda_A
I've never heard of a treadmill like that, but I did once read about a desk that has a bike wheel underneath it! You can pedal away as you work.

Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today!

e-mail: amanda@shareresults.com
www.shareresults.com

"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backwards and in
high heels."

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
I agree w/ kmacbc, we do enough multi-tasking during the day...take this time to focus on your workout and what your body is doing. Seems you would be more at risk for an injury if you concentrating on typing rather than where your feet are going!
Old
general fuq
i'd guess that most laptops are not sweat proff...getting a desktop keyboard wet is a how different thing than a laptop...the water would make it to the mother board in about 2 seconds
Old
ABW Ambassador
I built a shelf on the wall and then bought one of those mouses that has a trigger to click and roller ball on top to move around with. It was great as the laptop screen does not shake with the movement of the treadmill.

Then the wife moved the treadmill and put bird cages on my shelf. [sigh]
Old
Actually now there is a product that accomplishes this. It is called TheNetRunner. It'll attach your laptop to your treadmill, as i understand it works with most laptops and treadmills, I got one about 6 months ago and has worked great.

Tuke

Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; November 7th, 2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: removed link
Old
Affiliate Manager
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by grove
Id love to find a treadmill that has a small table in front where you can put your laptop on it and work while youre exercising.

It would make the exercising fly by and I wouldnt feel liek I was taking time away from my work.
Heck, I have enough trouble typing on my laptop when I'm sitting. If you can type while you are running - I have a high paying job waiting for you!! LOL
Old
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuke
Actually now there is a product that accomplishes this. It is called TheNetRunner. It'll attach your laptop to your treadmill, as i understand it works with most laptops and treadmills, I got one about 6 months ago and has worked great.

Tuke

Tuke, two words..... 1.) get 2.) help. LOL.

One of the pleasures of working out is that it helps you get away from the computer and the world that goes with it. I'd suggest getting a nice pair of Oakley Thumps so you can enjoy some good music while you run!!

Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; November 7th, 2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: removed quoted link
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
Got one with a built in TV in the ProForm program!
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
Tuke, two words..... 1.) get 2.) help. LOL.

One of the pleasures of working out is that it helps you get away from the computer and the world that goes with it. I'd suggest getting a nice pair of Oakley Thumps so you can enjoy some good music while you run!!
Well that depends on what you find pleasurable. To me working out is something I HAVE TO DO to keep myself in shape. I find listening to music boring and running kills my knees. So I opt to walking at an incline for longer periods of time. While I walk at low pace (2 mph) for a long time I need to get work done or at least get myself distracted from the exercise. Using my computer has been the best thing since sliced bread, before I notice I have been on the treadmill for an hour or two and responded to numerous work emails, or read the latest news on my favorite websites. =)

Also been losing weight without having changed anything else in my lifestyle so this is really actually working for me.

Tuke
Old
ABW Ambassador
If you can type while treadmilling, you're not going fast enough.

Do like Ed Begley Jr does, and get a generator-bike, and instead of making toast, use it to power the laptop.
Old
A treadmill with a small built in LCD TV would be AMAZING! I would buy that in half a heart-beat.
Old
As someone who has severe RLS, I've considered getting a treadmill/computer solution for work many times.

Here's an article that talks about the contraption. There are even companies that have all their employees using them:

http://www.restlesslimbs.com/walking-while-working
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick

ProForm Perspective™ ES Treadmill
7" Flat-Screen TV with Multi-Colored Displays

Affiliates make an 8% commission, join at MoolaMoola.com.
Old
the thread starter certainly does not suffer from stress by the sounds of it

the image above this post looks like a fine piece of aparatus
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via Skype™ to Matt McWilliams
I am about to order the Walkstation by Steelcase for my office.

http://www.details-worktools.com/pro...ls.php?pid=764

They have received a lot of publicity and they are uber expensive but worth the investment if you ask me
Old
ABW Ambassador
I have a shelf on the wall in front of the treadmill with an lcd monitor on it hooked up to computer on the floor. I usually watch slingbox on it, and keep email in the corner in case I get an important one. If I do, i get off the treadmill to reply, and then get back on.. (pretty rare though)
Old
That would be nice...like reading news on the net while doing a brisk walking...or watching youtube
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by grove

I saw a stand on Amazon "treadmill TV stand" for just over $100.00
Old
ABW Ambassador
I know this is quite an old thread, but since it was bumped again, I'll point anyone interested to http://turbowalkstation.com/ - That's actually a blog from an affiliate marketer about her own treadmill/workstation setup, which is strangely relevant to this.
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
it must be hard to type or even read while walking/running. i know i have a hard time just looking at the scrolling bloomberg updates on a huge flatscreen while on a treadmill at the gym.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search