Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Thread: Are Minnesota (Twin Cities) Affiliates Interested in Starting a Monthly Get Together?

Tools Search
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Are Minnesota (Twin Cities) Affiliates Interested in Starting a Monthly Get Together?

Hi I'm a Minnesota affiliate who resides in the Twin Cities. Are any other Minnesota/Twin Cities affiliates eager to start a monthly Meeting/Get Together?

The idea would be to get together to discuss industry issues (Economy, education, taxes and legal) and also to get to know fellow Minnesota affiliates (socialize).

With the recent attempt to enact Nexus legislation in our state, it would have been nice if we had a group that would have allowed us to educate ourselves and to mobilize our efforts.

If you're interested, you can respond to this thread, send me a PM or email me at anthonybloch at comcast.net.
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:00 PM
ABW Ambassador
I am south of the cities but get up there often, it is a short drive. I can meet anytime.
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Awesome. Let's see what type of interest we get and then we can plan from there.
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Affiliate Manager
Can Merchants join as well? The Deluxe head offices are in Shoreview, and I travel there on occassion... so I'd love to meet up if I'm in the area.
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I personally wouldn't have an issue but would be interested in other affiliates opinions.

I believe the best dialogue occurs when we bring different groups together to discuss industry issues.
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
ABW Ambassador
The sure sign of an affiliate:
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoworld View Post
I can meet anytime.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Can Merchants join as well? The Deluxe head offices are in Shoreview, and I travel there on occassion... so I'd love to meet up if I'm in the area.
I think it is a great idea!
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:01 PM
So now that's 4 of us (Includes 1 merchant).

I think if we get 2 to 3 more we can get this thing off the ground!
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
ABW Ambassador
I am sure Carrie Rocha would join us. I also know another that would join us but he isn't active over here. We meet up for lunch once in a while.
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM
ABW Ambassador
Oh and my daughter who lives in Minneapolis and works for me would probably join us, especially if it includes lunch. haha
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Good to hear.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Affiliate Manager
Thanks... keep me posted. I won't be able to meet everytime, but if I'm in town and a meeting is happening, let me know if I'm invited... and I'll join the group.

Paul

Last edited by PaulS; February 27th, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Great. I don't think there will be a problem inviting you and having you join.

I look forward to meetng you in person.
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Connie's right. I would be very interested in a networking group. If it is a small group, then monthly might be too often, but I'm willing to try it out and see. I'd love to have merchants there as well. If we do something is it worth also putting a notice on that site "Meetup", in case there are others in the community that are interested, but not necessarily familiar with this forum?

I live in Maple Grove - the opposite corner of the world from Connie - but am willing to drive where ever. Let's pick a date and get this thing started (can you tell that I have a propensity for action??)

I also know a few others that may be interested, but they have day jobs and might not be able to make it. When we have a first meeting on the docket I will send the info on to them as well.

Any other merchants or OPMs located in the area?
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I too have a day job and also live in Maple Grove.
I work out of Fridley, so I could meet anywhere if it's after work.

Weekends could also work for me.

I will be on the phone with an OPM out of Utah (Chuck Hamrick) in the coming week who belongs to his local affiliate marketing group.

He has some ideas how to kick start things. So I will be sharing my thoughts with you soon. Then we can set-up a meeting and decide as a group how we want to organize things.

I love that you "have a propensity for action". We will need that I'm really excited to meet local affiliates.

It looks like we're going to get things started really soon!
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
My telephone meeting with Chuck Hamrick is this Wednesday. I will update you guys in this thread about moving forward and starting our group after my telephone meeting.

This is really exciting and I look forward to us having a local affiliate marketing group.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
I live down in SE MN, about 2 1/2 hours away, but would be willing to drive up periodically for meetup's... depending upon when they are.

Lynn
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmn View Post
I live down in SE MN, about 2 1/2 hours away, but would be willing to drive up periodically for meetup's... depending upon when they are.

Lynn
Where in SE Mn? Maybe we could meet up sometime since i am in Northfield and do get down that way once in a while even if you can't make the regular meet ups.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:08 PM
I live in Winona. We used to get over to Northfield by you quite a bit, when my son played soccer... but not so much anymore now that he'll be 22 next week.

Yeah, I'd love to meet up... maybe we could meet part way in Rochester or something sometime.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone,
I had to postpone my meeting with Chuck until Friday afternoon. Sorry for the delay. I'll let you know how the meeting goes.

I think it would be fair to meet in Rochester sometime!

Thanks
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
ABW Ambassador
I would be happy to host something in Northfield also.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Affiliate Manager
It looks like I'll be in Shoreview the week of March 28 - April 1st, if the timing works out...

Paul
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Great Paul. I'm confident we'll have something set-up by then. It looks like we have a group that can meet (Some periodically).
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hi,
I had a phone meeting with Chuck Hamrick and Paul S. They provided me with some insights about setting up an affilaite meeting group and resources that can be used to set-up meetings and to communicate once the group grows.

So now it's time to set-up our first meeting. Since a couple of us work during the work day, can anyone meet on a weekend day or weekday evening? Where should we meet and what date?
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:17 PM
ABW Ambassador
It would be nice to set it up something like the 3rd saturday of every month or whatever so we can plan ahead. Pretty much any day or night will work for me or i can make it work.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search