Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Goldencan ID

Tools Search
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
ABW Ambassador
Goldencan ID

Hello, I now see a big improvement with Performics & Goldencan, you can now enter a global ID at GC. I would like to know is this ID the ID that I see at Performics on the bottom right corner?

Also, Can this Goldencan ID be used for any website I own or do I need to enter that website into my Performics account as well and get another ID to use at GC?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
notary sojac
I noticed it but didn't test it. I've seen GC links show up on the list of possibles in Perf, and someone posted a Build Your Own method, also.

whichever, I try to test them before depending on them. I think this needs more work.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Affiliate Network Rep
Hello,

You need to Build Your Own Link for EACH Performics merchant that works with GoldeCAN. Your Pub ID can't be used at this time due to different link structures.

Below are the instructions. If you need more assistance, please email affiliateATperformics.com.

Thank you,
Jamie Ross
Manager, Affiliate Customer Support
Please follow these directions to retrieve your Performics GoldenCAN LID:
- Login to ConnectCommerce
- Get Links
- Locate the desired merchant name and select "Build Your Own Link" from the drop-down menu next to the merchants name.
- The advertiser's homepage will popopen in another window. Use the advertiser's home page URL for the Link URL field. If this window doesn't open, click "Re-open default landing page" or you can enter the advertiser's URL.
DO NOT enter anything in the Banner URL field. LEAVE it blank.
- Name the link: GoldenCAN - Advertiser Name
- Click Build Link
- The 4100 number at the end of the link generated is your GoldenCAN LID.
- If you do not see a the Build Your Own Link action, please contact us for your GoldenCAN LID and indicate the requested advertiser.
** If you still have your advertiser approval emails, you can use the primary link for the LID and/or you can also retrieve that link for each advertiser in your approved advertiser list also instead of building links.

If you have any questions or need support, please contact affiliateATperformics.com with GoldenCAN Help in the subject line.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
ABW Ambassador
Well that truly is a not what I wanted to hear, I had already done this several days ago, I added about 20 merchants and went through the same procedure as you described above for each merchant, it took hours. I then noticed on Goldencan there is now a Global Link field on the Affiliate ID page so I deleted all the ones I had previously made and then replaced them with this global one using my Performics ID.

Now I have to do all this over again, what a nightmare. It seems like Performics and Goldencan need to get this right and work out these problems together as this is wasting my time and other affiliates. No other networks with goldencan have this limitation and time wasting procedure of having to build a custom link for each merchant.

You also never answered my other question about adding other sites, let's try again.... are commissions tracked if the site is not added to my profile in the Performics account?
Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Affiliate Network Rep
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by glinted

You also never answered my other question about adding other sites, let's try again.... are commissions tracked if the site is not added to my profile in the Performics account?

Commissions are tracked regardless of which site(s) you have listed in your profile. If you have additional sites, I recommend listing them in the site description field in your profile. We will be adding an explicit placeholder for this later in the year, but for now, that is the best place to put it.

We are revamping our data feed engine and should have a much more robust solution some time this summer. For the time being, you'll have to live with a separate ID for each advertiser. Sorry for the inconvenience, but please be assured that we understand the trouble this causes and are making a big investment to fix it.

-larry
Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
ABW Ambassador
I'm confused. So you mean the ID 21xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the bottom right corner is not the right one for using on Goldencan?
Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
notary sojac
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonca
I'm confused. So you mean the ID 21xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the bottom right corner is not the right one for using on Goldencan?
whatever it is, it will start with 41.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Affiliate Network Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonca

The 21xxxxx... number is your affiliate ID. You need to include a link ID (a unique ID per advertiser) that will be a seventeen digit number starting with 41.

Sorry about the confusion. Jamie's post above has the correct instructions and Performics publisher services would be happy to walk you through the process if necessary. If you'd like to get their support, send an email to

affiliate at performics . com
Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
ABW Ambassador
I don't get it. When create Search Integration on goldencan, should I put in 21xxxxxxxxxxxxxx as my Performics ID instead of 41xxxxxxxxxxxx for each merchants?

I use my CJ PID for all my CJ merchants on goldencan, maybe I did them wrong too?
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
ABW Ambassador
Never mind. I got the answer from Goldencan faqs. Guess it is just performics that need to get link IDs for each merchant. I'm glad I read this thread, otherwise I will send traffics for free
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:00 AM
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_adams
Commissions are tracked regardless of which site(s) you have listed in your profile. If you have additional sites, I recommend listing them in the site description field in your profile. We will be adding an explicit placeholder for this later in the year, but for now, that is the best place to put it.
Ok I'm glad to see commissions are tracked anyway as often I don't get time to add the sites right away especially when there are all these additional tasks to do like creating custom links for goldencan etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_adams
We are revamping our data feed engine and should have a much more robust solution some time this summer. For the time being, you'll have to live with a separate ID for each advertiser. Sorry for the inconvenience, but please be assured that we understand the trouble this causes and are making a big investment to fix it.

-larry
ok that sounds positive, thanks for at least answering the questions quickly which is more than other several networks do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonca
I'm glad I read this thread, otherwise I will send traffics for free
In fact the links with the incorrect Id lead to a blank page which says something about it been a dead link so everyone loses out in this situation, Goldencan, Performics, The affiliate & the Visitor - As an affiliate I would rather it lead the visitor to something less embarrassing and not a page like that, even to the correct page without commission.
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Affiliate Network Rep
Quote:

In fact the links with the incorrect Id lead to a blank page which says something about it been a dead link so everyone loses out in this situation, Goldencan, Performics, The affiliate & the Visitor - As an affiliate I would rather it lead the visitor to something less embarrassing and not a page like that, even to the correct page without commission.

We send these links to this page for two reasons.

1. When you are setting up links, if we passed it through you (the affiliate) wouldn't necessarily know that there is an error in the formatting of the link (either a bad ID or misspelled parameter or whatever).

2. When someone is doing something bad, we can turn off their links and our advertisers will no longer be associated with the affiliate who is spamming, using spyware, etc.
Old January 25th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Action Jackson - King of the World
Send a message via AIM to jackson992 Send a message via MSN to jackson992
I actually like this as there is no other way to tell really whether you have set your id number up correctly.
Old January 25th, 2007, 05:22 AM
ABW Ambassador
maybe your right, lets just hope we can easily create GC links (with a global ID) in the future so there is little chance of botching it up in the first place.
Old December 13th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Action Jackson - King of the World
Send a message via AIM to jackson992 Send a message via MSN to jackson992
I tried setting up with Performics new global link like I do on PopShops but am getting an invalid link messaage. Is this a problem on GoldenCan's or Performics end?
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Affiliate Network Rep
Hi Jack,

Please email me the information.

Thank you,

Jamie
jaross(AT)doubleclick.com

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search