Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: OrangeLinks

Tools Search
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I have worked with Perfomics for more than six years, and I think they are fantastic to work with. Yes, there are some things about their interface that could be better. But they have great merchants, especially retails names, tracking is very reliable, many merchants have promotions, etc. I give them an A.

Very disappointed that HP Home is moving from Performics to CJ.

HP Small business is staying at Performics.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:54 PM
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_adams
Trust, you're spot on. You will get a file daily that contains any new links added by your merchants (if no links were added by any of your merchants, you won't get a file). All of the IDs will be live by the time you receive the file so you can copy and paste into a web page, or load the data into a content management system.
Have you considered an option to include all links, rather than just new links?
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Life is Supposed to be Fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
If you haven't read Scott Jangro's blog entry about OrangeLinks, you'll get a real chuckle out of it:

http://www.jangro.com/a/2006/06/12/p...-orange-links/
LOL - It's definitely worth reading for the giggle factor:

"According to Larry Adams, Affiliate Product Manager at Performics, “The OrangeLinksSM will add significant value to our affiliate network,” Adams continues, “Our advertisers will be able to easily find their links on affiliate websites because they’re bright orange. And affiliates will not confuse them with Commission Junction links and risk removing them as a result of the Link Management Initative.”

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Have you considered an option to include all links, rather than just new links?
Michael,

Your initial feed will be a big one which will include all your merchants...
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
ABW Ambassador
I signed up this morning. I haven't used Performics very much in the past because the process was too cumbersome. I've been watching for this since discussing it in April at a dinner meeting.

BTW, welcome to ABW, Nahel.

I'm going to give it a try.
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
ABW Ambassador
It might just be me, but it doesn't look like it's working. I signed up two days ago and still haven't received an FTP file. I know my merchants are adding new links, as I have received several newsletters in the past two days.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I signed up last night and got an email last night with "orange links" - something isn't quite right in the excel file though. I'll have to play around until I can figure it out. Looks great in concept, though. A nice group of links I could have just copied/pasted into my pages.

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Old June 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
It might just be me, but it doesn't look like it's working. I signed up two days ago and still haven't received an FTP file. I know my merchants are adding new links, as I have received several newsletters in the past two days.
Impressive! Less than 15 minutes after I posted this, I got a call from Performics and they're looking into it for me!
Old June 14th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Impressive! Less than 15 minutes after I posted this, I got a call from Performics and they're looking into it for me!
Very cool. Maybe Perfmx will pull themselves out of the swamp now that CJ is goofing up big time. Hope so. A good alternative would be a blessing

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Old June 16th, 2006, 03:00 AM
ABW Ambassador
Now i definitely promote more performics clients

suggestion

excel file
- option to choose which column of data included in the files

better offer description on that column, some offers are blank on that column
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:46 AM
ABW Ambassador
I signed up for about a dozen additional Performics merchants yesterday, and will start actively promoting more Performics merchants once they get OrangeLinks working for me and I build an interface to utilize it. I'm pretty excited!

I'm still having a problem getting the files, but they're working with me on it.
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:01 AM
ABW Ambassador
I've been with Performics for a few years and I like their merchants and how they communicate the few times I've emailed them for help. They aren't quite as sophisticated as CJ and LS, but it didn't take long to get used to their format. My choice was LS and CJ, just because it was where I first started and you get used to things being a certain way and look for it everywhere you go.

I think the orangelink is a great new initiative of theirs and I am glad to see something pro-active for affiliates for a change. Now that I am aggressively looking for CJ alternatives, I'll definitely put more energy than I have in the past w/ performics. wtg performics and good timing.

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Last edited by leeann; June 25th, 2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM
ABW Ambassador
>> CJ alternatives

for cj old system, affiliates do not need to change banners even they are not JS links.
Now the JS version just doing the same thing as before but loading much slower.

I wish more networks will introduce auto-updating banners that need not to change them and they should better not be in JS version
Old July 2nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
Web Ho - Design B!tch
Just gotta say that I LOVE the OrangeLinks! They make updating fast and easy!!
Old July 2nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Michelle
Just gotta say that I LOVE the OrangeLinks! They make updating fast and easy!!
How do they help the webmaster other than being a different color?
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:32 PM
ABW Ambassador
Are those that signed up getting it ok? I just finally got around to it last week and signed up for the email and haven't gotten anything yet. Sending off an email today.
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I get them via email but the excel file is so confusing, I haven't used them.

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Old July 24th, 2006, 06:12 PM
ABW Ambassador
I haven't been able to receive them (via FTP). They're supposed to be rolling out a fix today if I remember right.
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM
ABW Ambassador
Got my first one by email. I use mainly text links so I just add the text onto the link I got and that's it.
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I've been getting them all along but they are incomprehensive at best. I have no idea what they are or how to incorporate them into my site. The fields in the excel files are garbled and don't tell me which merchant or what product or anything I would need to make a decision either way. Am I missing something?

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Old July 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
ABW Ambassador
Mine looks like

Martha's Flowers some#'s This month, receive 6 stems of gladioli FREE 2006-07-27 2006-08-30
http : // clickserve . cc - dt . com / link / click ? lid = 00000000000000000 (switched them to 0's)

So i just take that url and add the text I want for Martha's Flowers.
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexanne
I've been getting them all along but they are incomprehensive at best. I have no idea what they are or how to incorporate them into my site. The fields in the excel files are garbled and don't tell me which merchant or what product or anything I would need to make a decision either way. Am I missing something?
2nd what Rexanne said. How do orange links help the webmaster besides being a link of a different color?
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM
ABW Ambassador
Rhia, that was a joke about the links being orange

It helps in that you can get new links in your email from merchant's you're affiliate with. I use hundreds so this would save me time.
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustNo1
Rhia, that was a joke about the links being orange

It helps in that you can get new links in your email from merchant's you're affiliate with. I use hundreds so this would save me time.
Merchants from across the networks send me links in e-mail -- often specials. I don't use the sent links, I prefer to sign into the network and retrieve the links from the merchants that way.

I also like to be selective, I don't want a whole bunch of links thrown at me.

Hey, but if it floats your boat ...
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
ABW Ambassador
The great thing about it is you have a choice if you want to sign up or not. So if it doesn't help your boat, you don't have to sign up. And you can pick exactly what merchants you want so it is selective. You have to read about it to understand what it's about.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search