Join

Thread: OrangeLinks

Tools Search
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
What's the word?
OrangeLinks

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Performics is pleased to introduce OrangeLinksSM a powerful new way to access, receive and activate advertiser links. With OrangeLinks Performics can deliver pre-generated, live links directly to you via email or FTP.
Has anyone tried OrangeLinks? Opinions?
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Yes. Great tool, wish all networks would offer something similar..
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by praytoday
Yes. Great tool, wish all networks would offer something similar..
Are they regular html links, or javascript, or what?

How does the FTP delivery work? Does the affiliate have to be there during the FTP or when does it happen? Is it an automatic thing?

Last edited by Rhia7; June 12th, 2006 at 11:11 AM.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Rhia,
These are regular HTML links.
FTP - if you have an FTP location PFX can send your links directly there, instead of receiving them thru your email. Affiliate does not have to be there to recieve them.
Nahel
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:58 AM
ABW Ambassador
I was just about to post the same questions. Any of the beta testers out there than can tell us about their experiences with this (and Performics)?
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:40 PM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahel
Rhia,
These are regular HTML links.
FTP - if you have an FTP location PFX can send your links directly there
I have FileZilla, does that count?

What's wrong with logging into Performics and getting exactly what I need/want?
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM
FileZilla is a software to do FTP. But you need a site to receive FTP. There are many places you can sign up for site space.
You can still get your links thru the interface, there is nothing wrong in doing that.
But if you want to have the links in your email every morning, you can sign up for that as well.
Nahel
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahel
FileZilla is a software to do FTP. But you need a site to receive FTP. There are many places you can sign up for site space.
You can still get your links thru the interface, there is nothing wrong in doing that.
But if you want to have the links in your email every morning, you can sign up for that as well.
Nahel
So I would have to specify my FTP address, my username and my FTP password? But then wouldn't the links be floating around in my "space" and I'd have to find them? Performics doesn't insert them into one of my html pages, does it?
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
ABW Ambassador
Hi I'm one of the beta testers. I received the email from Performics this morning but haven't gotten to the site yet to check it out. What I've been receiving from them has been XLS files (ummm not exactly a computer genius so not sure what that means lol) I have a feeling they're meant for Excel? I only have a Works spreadsheet but I'm able to open them with that. All they do is regularly send me emails that contain the links that are just regular html code that includes info about the link, sizes if a banner, starting date, ending date, etc. It takes 2 seconds to download them. Don't know how you do it if you opt for the ftp version. I'm a bit at a disadvantage since I don't have Excel (think that's the name) Told ya, I wasn't a computer genius lol Using the works spreadsheet if I copy and paste the links...they're itty bitty little links lol but I still know what they are and makes it easier knowing what links are current. I like them but can't speak for the rest of you. They're convenient. Not sure but hopes maybe that explains some.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via MSN to Allen Nance Send a message via Yahoo to Allen Nance
Mr. Orange is dead, I would rather be Mr. Pink...
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM
The slot machine that IS paid!
Send a message via AIM to Billy Kay Send a message via Yahoo to Billy Kay
I'm a beta-tester Ron

They were called "Linkfeeds" - and I just deleted the email every day

It was an excel spreadsheet, and you still had to copy and paste each link to a browser widow to see what they would look like, so it saved no time on my part
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM
ABW Ambassador
So basically I can sign up and have it setup so anytime one of the merchants I partner with have new links available, they'll email them to me with my id already in place? That's how I'm reading it, if so, that would be great.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM
ABW Ambassador
I signed up for them this morning after the announcement. I guess I'll get my first file tomorrow.

I'm excited about it! This will make it much easier to keep track of new promotions. I agree. Other networks should do something similar. (Some are working on it, BTW.) CJ should take note. This is where the industry is heading.

For what it's worth, here's how I'm going to use them: I'm going to receive it via FTP, automatically load the links into a database, and build a front-end process to display the new stuff in a variety of ways. From that interface, I'll be able to easily click on the promotions I want and have them pre-loaded into my database entry tool. It should save me a lot of time and help keep me much better updated with Performics merchants.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:56 PM
ABW Ambassador
i_adams, you work for Performics, is this how it works?
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
ABW Ambassador
Geeeee, I might have to take another look at Performics. Found them too clunky before, but if they could make getting links easy (any thing easier there would be better), I'm interested. Especially with what CJ is trying to cram down our throats right now....people are going to be looking for options and this might be one of them.
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Affiliate Network Rep
OrangeLinks, the 30 second version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustNo1
So basically I can sign up and have it setup so anytime one of the merchants I partner with have new links available, they'll email them to me with my id already in place? That's how I'm reading it, if so, that would be great.

Trust, you're spot on. You will get a file daily that contains any new links added by your merchants (if no links were added by any of your merchants, you won't get a file). All of the IDs will be live by the time you receive the file so you can copy and paste into a web page, or load the data into a content management system.

Larry Adams
Affiliate Product Manager
Performics
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:08 PM
ABW Ambassador
Great, that would be perfect. I have hundreds of merchants so this would save me a lot of time with logging in and checking each merchant to see if there is anything new.
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM
ABW Ambassador
Oh boy, looks like I have to start new at Performics. Had not logged on in months and months and I see I have zero merchants. Well, no time like the present to see what has changed at Performics and what merchants might match with my sites.
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
ABW Ambassador
Ron, they also have Merchant 7 day and 3 month EPC listed now. Some good recent improvements.
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I've been in the beta, and do something almost exactly as Michael describes above. Its a real time saver and definatelly helps increase Performics merchant exposure. For what its worth, as soon as I started getting the link feeds, I moved all the merchants that had dual programs from CJ to Performics. Its been a painless process and actually was a very good beta program to be in. The guys in performics who set it up where very helpful and quick to answer any questions/problems that we saw. I'm looking forward to getting the file via ftp now, the beta send it in a daily email that I had to copy/paste into my form.. Now that I have the file waiting for me daily, its a cron job then I can cycle through the new stuff and pick and choose what I want to add.

Good job Performics! You saw a need for affiliates to make our jobs easier and you filled it (unlike your friends in Santa Barbara)..
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
ABW Ambassador
Well, seems I already have a ftp set up for Performics (getting Cabela's feed regularly I see), but can't recall the password so I'll have to change it (and screw up getting the old feeds) or make a new ftp.

Why is nothing every easy [sigh]...
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Mama in Charge
I was a beta tester and I loved them. I guess everyone will have a different opinion. Using the links, i was able to quickly glance and what was available and copy and paste the info that I needed into my database. Using the links, I didn't miss any sales, or coupons, and was able to add quite a few individual sale items. Also, all links came with exp dates which was REALLY nice. I think it is an awesome service. During beta testing we were sent everything for all merchants we ran. It should be even nicer with the added ability to customize.
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM
ABW Ambassador
If you haven't read Scott Jangro's blog entry about OrangeLinks, you'll get a real chuckle out of it:

http://www.jangro.com/a/2006/06/12/p...-orange-links/
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:34 AM
ABW Ambassador
I was a beta tester and I like the service. It helps me keep track of what's new at Performics.

What I'd like to see now is a RedLinks (aka "Dead" links) initiative from Performics, where there is a daily list of all the links that have been deactivated. I am amazed at how many times I log in to the interface only to look at a merchant's links and discover that TONS of the links are now expired. Some of these links are what I think should be standard, like links to the merchant's sale or clearance section. There are also those offers that were initially posted as "open-ended" (no expiration date) that get deactivated by the merchant and the affiliate is not informed.

Hey - how about a Performics affiliate advisory board, too!
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM
ABW Ambassador
It's not a daily list but if you visit your "active links" area they do list whichever links for the individual sites are no longer active. I realize it's still time consuming having to do that for each of your merchants but I like that I'm at least able to know which links are no longer active links when I want to find out. They have little yellow triangles with !'s in them for the no longer active links.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search