Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Oriental Trading Company and Terry's Village launched today!

Tools Search
Old
Google Affiliate Network Rep
Oriental Trading Company and Terry's Village launched today!

Google Affiliate Network is pleased to announce the launch of Oriental Trading Company and Terry's Village! The program launched today Monday March 1. Linkshare links will shut down at the end of the day on March 1. Links are built so you are ready to go.

Oriental Trading Company

Terry's Village

Commission 5%
All holiday banners
Free Shipping on orders $49 or more
Great client service!

We look forward to working with you! Please do not hesitate to contact us with ANY questions.

Thanks so much!

OrientalTrading-affiliates@google.com
TerrysVillage-affiliates@google.com
Old
0 day commission duration?

Hi, not sure I understand ... how does 0 day commission duration work?
Old
Google Affiliate Network Rep
Hello,

Session cookie duration means the publisher receives commission when a consumers clicks on your link and makes a purchase at that time. If they close their browser before they make a purchase the session has ended and the cookie has ended. With the type pf product Oriental Trading Co. and Tiger Village sells, most purchase take place within the session because more time to decide on the purchase isn't really necessary. More time would be spent on deciding whether to buy a larger price point item, like a computer. We hope you apply to both programs!

Thanks!

Jamie
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Do you offer any feeds? coupon, sales, ect.

WP Coupon - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
Hello,

Session cookie duration means the publisher receives commission when a consumers clicks on your link and makes a purchase at that time. If they close their browser before they make a purchase the session has ended and the cookie has ended. With the type pf product Oriental Trading Co. and Tiger Village sells, most purchase take place within the session because more time to decide on the purchase isn't really necessary. More time would be spent on deciding whether to buy a larger price point item, like a computer. We hope you apply to both programs!

Thanks!

Jamie
That is garbage. I sell primarily small ticket household-type items, and I have for the past nine years. Over that period, on the reporting systems that allow that type of tracking, I have consistently seen more than 50% of my sales come on subsequent visits, not the original session.

0 day cookies amount to little more than "smart" merchants getting virtually free traffic.
phil@abestweb.com
Old
Life is Supposed to be Fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffiliateHound

0 day cookies amount to little more than "smart" merchants getting virtually free traffic.
I agree - while *most* sales from my site are from the first session, after analyzing my "return days" data in ShareASale (an interesting tool if you haven't looked at it), I see where many other sales happen well over 1 or even 7 days and I resent cookie durations that are "session only." It's an arrogant assumption on the merchant's part that they are so good at converting traffic, we don't *need* any additional cookie duration.

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Old
ABW Ambassador
If you were a merchant, and session only applied to most purchases, why would'nt you extend the cookie length?

Nothing to lose, and more of a selling point, right?

It's super obvious the 2 posts above are right.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexanne
.... "return days" data in ShareASale (an interesting tool if you haven't looked at it),
Thanks Rexanne... looking at it right now!

Half of the stuff in the SAS control panel I don't know what it's for.

Interesting tool and wish the other networks had it too.

Quote:
With the type pf product Oriental Trading Co. and Tiger Village sells, most purchase take place within the session because more time to decide on the purchase isn't really necessary. More time would be spent on deciding whether to buy a larger price point item, like a computer.
Absolutely not true. I can tell that by looking at the non-commissionable sales in LS from Oriental Trading due to expired cookies. Oriental Trading in LS had a weird cookie of 0.18 I believe and I was getting these sales in my non-commish reports. So the point you make that people purchase same session and a longer cookie is not needed is bogus.
I don't promote the merchants that have these ridiculous cookies. Lots of merchants that sell similar stuff with a much longer cookie
Old
notary sojac
this is not the only session-based merchant announced by GAN lately. hope it's not a trend . . .
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
this is not the only session-based merchant announced by GAN lately. hope it's not a trend . . .
There was also no mention of the session based cookie in the announcement. I hope that was just an oversight.

-rematt
Old
Part of a network's responsibility (which none of them do a very good job with) is educating merchants on best practices. EVERYONE would benefit if networks would do a better job with this.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Part of a network's responsibility (which none of them do a very good job with) is educating merchants on best practices. EVERYONE would benefit if networks would do a better job with this.
Assuming that the networks idea of "best practices" and ours are the same. Granted, the network stands to make less with a session-based cookie also, however it could be the difference between signing up that new merchant or not. They still collect monthly network fees and any other services that they can upsell.

-rematt

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search