Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Notices

Hello Everyone

Tools Search
Old
Hello Everyone

Hello

I am new to Affiliate marketing though I have tinkered with a few web sites for a couple of months. This site holds a wealth of information and I wish I had found it when I started.

My main career has been in programming and not marketing - so I am not sure if it is possible to make some income out of the affiliate marketing. I recently lost my job, and have been looking around to start something on my own.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via MSN to DesignerWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DesignerWiz
Hello Xion, welcome to the ABW forum board!

Being that you have programming experience under your belt your way ahead of many of the newbies who come here. I would say that you have very good potential in making some extra cash.

My quick recommendation:

1. Read the new & old posts here on the board. (There's tons to learn - we learn everyday around here)

2. Select a site topic to promote. You should focus on something you find interesting. (so it's atleast a little fun while learning ... when the $$ starts rolling in it's all fun!)

3. Study the competitors in your chosen niche. Use several seach engines and search for keywords related to your selected marketing niche. Review what the top 20-50 sites in your niche area are doing. Gather your own ideas and see what you can create from your search review. (being different can often result in great recognition or can sink you ... so be realistic in what you create.)

4. After you try your hand at what we do ... you just may become hooked!

Best-o-luck!
http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190
Old
ABW Ambassador
Hi Xion,

Welcome. This is the best place to be for affiliate marketing. The folks here are knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. There's also a lot of good information here, so be prepared to read a LOT!

-M
Old
What's the word?
Welcome Xion

What kind of programming do you like to do?

Your programming experience will come in handy. This can also keep your interest up and spirits up as you look for new work.

Best of luck
Old
ABW Ambassador
Welcome Xion to the forums!
Do check out the programing forum over here!
Looking forward to posts from you on how to make the best out of the combination of programming and affiliate marketing
. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
Abestweb Store
Old
Xion,

Welcome. I also have a programming background and it really, really does put you one leg up.

It is possible to make quick money fast, if you can put a good looking page together quickly and if you can drive traffic to it.

If you already have a website that's indexed, then that will speed up the bots finding your new page.

And then there is PPC engines.

Hope this helps,

Wes
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
CPA Network Rep
Send a message via AIM to Lauren-Adsertive
Xion,

Welcome to the forum!

You say that you have a background in programming, which will most DEFINITELY help you maintain a website. Have you thought about what kind of website you would like to create? Like DesignerWiz said, choose a topic that interests you, but isn't extremely competitive.

There is a ton of reading material out there that can help to give you ideas, including this forum. Just read, read, read-and you will be amazed at how quickly the ideas start coming in.

Good luck!

Lauren
Old
Thanks all for for the warm welcome. I am more of a Microsoft / ASP / MS SQL person than a PHP / MySQL one. I saw some of the downloable scripts (for datafeed, customization) that are in PHP. I am not sure if I want to pick up a new language at this moment.

I am going through the various threads, info and links. I read about some of the success stories which are inspirational - and some not. For a newbie, the affiliate model looks promising and I will take the next few months (years?) to setup a couple of sites. Thanks again.
Old
All Around Web Guy
Send a message via AIM to Cursal Send a message via MSN to Cursal Send a message via Yahoo to Cursal
Welcome Xion

Whatever niche(s) you focus on...
Learn from the past and focus on the future (web 2.0)

Visit, post, and share

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search