|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Hey Everybody, Awesome Forum

Tools Search
Old
Affiliate Manager
Hey Everybody, Awesome Forum

Hey everybody, just joined today, although I've been lurking and learning a lot recently Awesome place to learn!

I'm looking forward to learning more and interacting with everybody! I'm an affiliate manager for a font website.

Anybody know who to change my username by the way? I tried to in edit profile but did not find an option for that.

Cheers
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMFM
Hey everybody, just joined today, although I've been lurking and learning a lot recently Awesome place to learn!

I'm looking forward to learning more and interacting with everybody! I'm an affiliate manager for a font website.

Anybody know who to change my username by the way? I tried to in edit profile but did not find an option for that.

Cheers
Welcome AMFM. Yep, great place to learn.
Only the admin can change your username, so you would need to communicate with him and request it. The other way would be to register again with a different name.

X
Old
Affiliate Manager
Ok thanks, I'll get in touch with the admin.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
Hi and welcome to the ABW family FontMarketplace!

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Send a message via MSN to e-Gazer
Welcome! ABW is a great resource - you'll wish you found us sooner! Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Old
Welcome aboard. Great forum for AM's. As a Merchant and AM, I have learned so much...and, you will too.

Jim
Old
Affiliate Manager
ok, so now I don't know if "FontMarketplace" is the original name, or if you managed to get it changed....

Well, anyway - whomever you are and/or are going to be... WELCOME!!

Paul
Old
Affiliate Manager
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Just so there's no confusion, FontMarketplace is the new name.
Old
Online Marketing Consultant
You are definitely at the right place to learn. ABW is where you can go from an average or novice Affiliate Manager to a superstar in no time and at no cost to you.

This is a fantastic community and we are happy to have you here.
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
Welcome to ABW. I know a lot of people that make their living using fonts Some are font-a-holics
Old
Affiliate Manager
Amen to what you said Rollerblader. I'm definitely novice now, and feel free to keep me humble along the way .

Wow Loxly that's cool! I'd love to discuss further anytime!
Old
Affiliate Manager

Hey again,

Just came across the article "Looking For A Few Good Affiliates" in revenuetoday.com. Haiko says:

"a couple of years ago some affiliate managers did not give out their real names on ABestWeb and the community reacted negatively. Now affiliate managers post on ABestWeb with their real first and last names. de Poel says that sometimes affiliate managers will come into a forum to ask a question and the community won't talk to them until they state their real name.

There is an accountability factor when an affiliate manager reveals their name and the company they represent. "There is a trust that is built and affiliates feel like they are partners and not just affiliates,"

I hope that nobody has been avoiding me because of this and I certainly believe in accountability, so just in case my real name is David Seidl.

Thanks so much
Old
ABW Ambassador
A couple weeks ago we were discussing whether an avatar should contain a company logo as opposed to a member's portrait. Haiko made the comment "You're not branding your co here, you're branding you, what better than a pic of you to do just that." (forum.abestweb.com/showpost.php?p=864531&postcount=87) I think that's applicable to your name also...

X
Old
http and a telephoto
Nice to "meet" you David. Nice avatar

I have a lot of online friends that are graphic artists that use fonts to create their images that they then sell via various Print On Demand companies. I haven't looked at your site, if you are on Skype, see my sig and send me a shout
Old
http and a telephoto
Where can I find the rights of use for the fonts? I need to know if they can be used in commercial projects, as noted above
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by FontMarketplace
Hey again,

Just came across the article "Looking For A Few Good Affiliates" in revenuetoday.com. Haiko says:

"a couple of years ago some affiliate managers did not give out their real names on ABestWeb and the community reacted negatively. Now affiliate managers post on ABestWeb with their real first and last names. de Poel says that sometimes affiliate managers will come into a forum to ask a question and the community won't talk to them until they state their real name.

There is an accountability factor when an affiliate manager reveals their name and the company they represent. "There is a trust that is built and affiliates feel like they are partners and not just affiliates,"

I hope that nobody has been avoiding me because of this and I certainly believe in accountability, so just in case my real name is David Seidl.

Thanks so much
I really don't think it's a big deal. As time goes by, people will get to know you, eventually you'll get a sig where you can put in some of that info. There's respectable people and they have it setup various ways, some examples -

Carolyn - ShareASale so if you wanted you could put Your Name - Company
AM at 4checks
Rollerblader

That all works.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
As time goes by, people will get to know you, eventually you'll get a sig where you can put in some of that info.
I don't know Trust. As active as I've been here [and you too], I still don't know YOU...

X
Old
ABW Ambassador
I don't know what a Boomers is, your last name etc. either. You might not know specific information like that, but should be able to pick up a general feel for people after awhile.

Just wanted to add, some of what you're getting at I go into detail here - http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...&postcount=270

Also, I'm an affiliate. I think it's different for a merchant. Merchants are here to recruit. I'm not, my target audience isn't other affiliates, they're shoppers, and they don't post here. Now in my normal contact with my partners, merchants. They know my name, sites etc.
Old
ABW Ambassador
True, there are all kinds of reasons not to want your identity readily searchable. I had my last name (B-y-e-r-l-y) in my sig for a while but decided as a merchant (no aff program) that I don't necessarily want my full name associated with my e-tail business so I removed it. As for Boomers, it's all there in the sig.

Being a highly curious individual, I notice those here who avidly protect their identity and it only serves to heighten the curiosity.

So rather than turn this thread into another of those transparent/non-transparent discussions I'll leave it at that...

X
Old
I agree with Trust. I see nothing wrong with not having your actually picture. There are a few forums out there (okay a whole lot) that you don't want your real picture posted. Piss off a member and they take that picture and do some wonderful things. I speak from the administrator of one such forum as the POV on that.

An avatar is a representation of you, and not necessary ACTUALLY you. If you are representing a company a logo would work just as well. I like changing mine just for fun.

Besides do people REALLY want to see a naked gamer?
Old
http and a telephoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedgamer
No
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedgamer

Only if you have a six pack that goes along with that. And I don't mean the ones you drink

I am an affiliate and don't see a need to post my actual picture,... yet. I have been part of forums where I have posted pics and then you start getting pms from people who you just want to pester you.

So back to OP, Welcome FontMP! I just don't quite grasp the concept of purchasing fonts if there are sites out there that provides millions of fonts for free. Maybe those sites are for non-commercial use only?
Old
Affiliate Manager
Loxly, sorry I must have just missed you earlier. That's a good question. I'm still pretty new to the font world as well, but it is my understanding that most fonts on the web today are provided for personal use only i.e. word docs. The rights can be found in the EULA (end user license agreement) that usually comes with any commercial fonts. Other fonts you may have to look on the site you got them from or try to contact the author. Let me know if you still can't find it, I'm pretty familiar with all the major font players and I should be able to tell you pretty easily.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Welcome FontMP! I just don't quite grasp the concept of purchasing fonts if there are sites out there that provides millions of fonts for free. Maybe those sites are for non-commercial use only?
Thanks. Yeah I understand what your saying, I think most of them are for non-commercial fonts. Our approach to fonts is similar to the iTunes model. We are trying to make it very affordable for what we offer and gain exposure hopefully through a number of distribution channels and word of mouth for the value that we offer. It's like the saying goes "you get what you pay for". For most people free fonts are fine, and actually there are a lot of good ones out there.

But for designers, web developers, crafts like digital scrapbookers, and other applications like fonts for phones, logos and other commercial use there is definitely a market out there for people who want and need high quality fonts. We have two sites, one designed for home & office users and the other for designers, creative professionals and more commercial use.
Old
http and a telephoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by FontMarketplace
Loxly, sorry I must have just missed you earlier. That's a good question. I'm still pretty new to the font world as well, but it is my understanding that most fonts on the web today are provided for personal use only i.e. word docs. The rights can be found in the EULA (end user license agreement) that usually comes with any commercial fonts. Other fonts you may have to look on the site you got them from or try to contact the author. Let me know if you still can't find it, I'm pretty familiar with all the major font players and I should be able to tell you pretty easily.
The people that are looking should be able to determine the rights before they purchase a font, I looked on your site and didn't see that information anywhere. I disagree that most are looking for personal use. Average web users have no clue about fonts, and even less of a clue how to install them

In any case, I may have missed something, please let me know where to find the rights info on your site.

I haven't purchased fonts that I am looking for the rights too, I am looking to your site as a site to promote to people that use fonts commercially.

If I've confused you maybe we can set up a call for Monday

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search