|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Just stumbled in

Tools Search
Old
Just stumbled in

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to the whole website thing, the whole affiliate marketing thing... as much a newbie as one can get.

I've signed up for a few affiliates which are on my website. I'm planning on doing a lot of reading now to figure out 1) if I have the best ones for my site and 2) how to get the most out of them.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Rhonda
Old
notary sojac
Hi, Rhonda; Welcome to ABW!

You'll get the hang of it. Best to learn the lingo, though. You've signed up with merchants. You're the affiliate. Like that . . .

Lots of information here. Not necessarily a lot of hand-holding, although you can get answers to specific questions. You can use the search function to find a lot, also. Especially answers to questions that have already been asked and answered.

What is best for your site is usually what matches the theme or what your visitors are looking for. Success is measured ultimately by income.
Old
LOL .... Thanks for the lingo fix! I plan on doing lots and lots and lots of reading. My site is small, and a limited market, but we have plans to expand into other special interest markets. This way if a merchant doesn't "match" for one site, it may match for another.

There are so many different companies for affiliates to find merchants. Is there a program that I could input all the various places I'm signed up at and get data all in one place rather than having to go to every different site?

Rhonda
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Tax Paying Member
Welcome aboard.

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMet

There are so many different companies for affiliates to find merchants. Is there a program that I could input all the various places I'm signed up at and get data all in one place rather than having to go to every different site?

Rhonda
Are you picking the site of each individual merchant or are you looking through the network listings?

Are you asking if there is one central database for all affiliate programs..................No.......
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to ronaldmarva
Hi!
Looks like you stumbled at the right place. This is a good resource for upstart affiliates. Read on and you will get a lot of useful info.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Yes indeed, I was once a stumbling fool who had no idea what was going on. You can learn a lot from this place
Old
Welcome aboard

not sure what your site's target market is? Welcome to this forum and wealth of knowledge and feel free to sign up for our program if you are so inclined.

Winnie Henchey

Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 21st, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old
oh and my contact info
Old
OPM Queen
Send a message via AIM to Kristin Kinsey Send a message via Yahoo to Kristin Kinsey Send a message via Skype™ to Kristin Kinsey
Hi Rhonda!

Welcome and enjoy! Make sure you take plenty of breaks between readings, sometimes it can be overload ... BUT well worth every word of it!!

Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via MSN to BeachBDM
Welcome to ABW! (I didn't know the difference between affiliate and merchant when I started either.... )

Sandee
Old
Affiliate Network Rep
Rhonda,

Welcome to ABestWeb! Ask lots of questions, it's the only way to learn.

When I first joined, the Search function was my best friend.
Old
Thanks for the warm welcome. My site is focused at the Nash Metropolitan automobile. I'm also building a site for my keychain collectors club, and will be building them for vintage trailers and vintage micro/mini cars. SO .. a lot of the merchants I've found really don't relate to my site content - but I keep looking.

I'll keep reading and learning. I'll get there yet!

Rhonda
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Witzer ... LOL .. sorry, I wasn't clear. I started by checking companies I knew would be of interest to my viewers. Then I started searching for affiliate merchants. I signed up here and there, so now I'm scattered all over the place with different companies like SAS. I was wondering if there was a program where I could input the sites and log-in information and it would pull up the stats from all the various places onto one location. Probably there's not, but it never hurts to ask.

Clear as mud???

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search