Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Notices

Wealthy Affiliate vs SitebuildIt!

Tools Search
Old
Wealthy Affiliate vs SitebuildIt!

I'm just started as an affiliate and looking for good learning resources. I have seen Wealthy Affiliate, and it's looks nice - with additional tool like keyword research.

However, when I look at SBI! video tutorials, that one also has a good offer. I also have read Ken Evoy's The Affiliate Masters Course and Make Your Site Sell and seems that SBI! is more professional.

Can anyone help me decide?
Old
SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced
SiteBuidlit was discussed a few months ago at length with some current members chiming in. I dont know anything about Wealthyaffiliate.

Use the search function to find as much as you can on this.
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuka
I'm just started as an affiliate and looking for good learning resources. I have seen Wealthy Affiliate, and it's looks nice - with additional tool like keyword research.

However, when I look at SBI! video tutorials, that one also has a good offer. I also have read Ken Evoy's The Affiliate Masters Course and Make Your Site Sell and seems that SBI! is more professional.

Can anyone help me decide?
Hi, I was a member at Wealthy Affiliate and they do have a nice program. I had to leave after the first month due to financial troubles though. Over the last month, I have found that a lot of what they offer I learn for free in forums, and other places. I went to the Associate Programs Forum after leaving WA and was introduced to Ken's stuff, and yes, I think it is more professional.

I guess it's really personal preference (don't you hate when people say that?)

I was completely new when I started and Wealthy Affiliate helped me learn the basics. Some of the things they promote, I found others in different forums saying was junk, like 1&1 for websites. However, a lot of WA had success with it.

If you need a program that has step by step guidance, exclusive help from others, and can afford to pay $29.95 monthly, then it's worth checking out. They have an eight week training for beginners which is helpful. And since you don't have a committment to any length of time, you can end your membership before the next payment is due. They let you stay a member up til your next payment due date. I've heard they now include a new website with membership and free hosting.

Ken's stuff I've heard is well recommended also. You might want to check out the forum at Associate Programs to see what others are saying about Ken's stuff, and check out Warrior Forum to see what they say about Wealthy Affiliate. There are WA members, and ex-members of Wealthy Affiliates at Warrior Forum.

Anyways, I hope that this is a little helpful. They best thing I liked about WA was the closeness of the community. But I have found that at other forums as well.

Do your research, and you'll be able to choose wisely.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
WealthyAffiliate vs SiteBuildIt

I made my first $12 in affiliate marketing with SiteBuildIt back around 2002, but didn't use it much after that.

It was pretty straightforward to use and had tons of information (probably too much) for a newbie like me back then. The one downside is it can get expensive as you have to pay for every sitebuildit site - of course the ones making you money should fund the new ones.

I've been a member of WealthyAffiliate as well and as mentioned before, it's excellent - especially the forum. They seemed to be having some trouble with their hosting that they brought out not that long ago and I haven't tested out their new website building tool.

it's an especially good site if you're planning to drive your traffic primarily by PPC.
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by workathometruth
I made my first $12 in affiliate marketing with SiteBuildIt back around 2002, but didn't use it much after that.

It was pretty straightforward to use and had tons of information (probably too much) for a newbie like me back then. The one downside is it can get expensive as you have to pay for every sitebuildit site - of course the ones making you money should fund the new ones.

I've been a member of WealthyAffiliate as well and as mentioned before, it's excellent - especially the forum. They seemed to be having some trouble with their hosting that they brought out not that long ago and I haven't tested out their new website building tool.

it's an especially good site if you're planning to drive your traffic primarily by PPC.
So, are you still staying with Wealthy Affiliate ? And already quit SBI ?
Old

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW - Self Defense Stories
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuka
So, are you still staying with Wealthy Affiliate ? And already quit SBI ?
Hi, I quit SBI. But not because it wasn't good. It was because I learned how to do everything their tools provide on my own.

I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone - in fact i'm sure their much better now than when I first used them.

Yes, I'm a member of WealthyAffiliate, but I do significant amounts of PPC so I'm a member quite a few different sites that discuss PPC.

Are you planning to BUY advertising up front via PPC? Or do you want to try to get free traffic from organic search engine rankings?

If you are new and you really want to dive into PPC I actually would recommend a method called the Campaign Blasts Method above anything else, because it's a VERY safe, low-cost way to enter into PPC and comes with a free trial of an inexpensive monthly trial.

If you want to drive free traffic via organic search rankings i'd be willing to bet that SiteBuildIt is still one of the best ways to do that. Also, you'd probably get a more well-rounded marketing education starting with that.

WealthyAffiliate has tons of resources, a busy forum, and tools, but for a beginner i don't think it's step by step enough.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Gotta love it when the newbies come in to spam.
Old
LOL. Gotta love it when people who don't know what their talking about accuse people who aren't actually NEWBIES of spam.

What they heck are you talking about?

If you don't like my comments, delete them or have the mod delete them.

I couldn't give a rats ass.
Old
First of all, idiot...

First of all, idiot, i don't even promote SBI and it's the one i recommended.

OK. I'm done with the forum, then.

good luck.
Old
Mods. Please delete my account. No time to waste here.

Mods,

Please delete my account. I don't want to spend another
second wasting time here and i sure as heck aint going
to waste time deleting it myself.

Thanks in advance.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I've never understood why people get miffed and then ask to have their account deleted. Why bother.... you aren't coming back again... right?
Old
LOL. Here's the reason. I want my account deleted and I don't want them to have any of my data on their servers at all.

The same thing I do if one of my subscribers makes the request of me.

b..b...b...bye
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
Mods,

Please delete my account. I don't want to spend another
second wasting time here and i sure as heck aint going
to waste time deleting it myself.

Thanks in advance.
Let's see, over 38 ,000 members and one of them takes issue with one of your posts. If that's all that it takes to make you quit, life's gonna beat the crap out of you. What a light weight.

-rematt
Old
ABW Ambassador
Especially an idiot. Why does my opinion matter when I am just an idiot?
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoworld
Especially an idiot. Why does my opinion matter when I am just an idiot?
The feathers?

-rematt
Old
I'm flying, i'm flying....

I'm flying, i'm flying...I'm a "lightweight". You're right though, I'm
frustrated because i can't hit the 7 figure income level while most my
buddies already have and it's pissing me off even with all the free
advice and techniques they've given me.

Actually I don't make any money at all online. I secretly pilfer information
from top level executives while waiting on them at Steak & Shake and
scribble down notes about seemingly incomprehensible phrases they say
during their so-called "Executive" conversations I think might sound "cool"
in online marketing forum threads.

Ummm....Ever consider maybe i'm having a *bad* day?
I assume you're perfect and never had one of those. LOL

I know, i know - first impressions are everything....boing!

Anyhow, it's time for me to take my antipychotic meds.

I did come up with this, though as bullet points for my next
sales letter (which i never will really have and never have had
before because i in fact, do, actually work at Steak and Shake
(ok. that's a lie, trying to make myself seem more import than
my actual job again - i work at Larry's Tire Warehouse down the
street randomly scolding the Radials).

"Why babbling idiots may have more income potential than people
hanging out in internet marketing forums."

"How hitting myself in the head with a baseball bat would have
been more productive use of my time than posting reasonable and
well-informed answers in an online marketing forum."

"The shoes. The shoes. We MUST save the shoes!" (will you sign my
petition?)

Also instead of deleting my account is it possible to change my user name to a random sequence of characters so i won't be accused of spamming forums by posting answers with NO affiliate links, NO sig files, and NO recommendations of any products I promote (such as Radial Tires)?

And remember boys and girls..."You can't argue with Crazy".

Last edited by workathometruth; October 27th, 2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: change account name?
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
I'm flying, i'm flying...I'm a "lightweight".

Ummm. Exactly why do you feel the need to attack?
Exactly - i want a freaking 5 paragraph essay!
workathometruth, I'm not attacking you, just suggesting that you need a thicker skin. Everybody in this life isn't going to agree with you on every issue. Learn to take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Ever consider maybe i'm having a bad day.
I assume you're perfect and never had one of those. LOL
We've all had bad days. A bad day usually makes me that much more determined, quiting just doesn't work for me.

Quote:
I did come up with this, though:

Why babbling idiots may have more income potential than people hanging out in internet marketing forums.
And yet you're here!

Quote:
How hitting myself in the head with a baseball bat would have been more productive use of my time than posting reasonable and well-informed answers in an online marketing forum.
And frankly, I would have a lot more respect for you than quitting allows for (and it would be a lot more entertaining).

You have to understand that with the number of professionals on this forum that everyone is not going to agree with you and some will tell you so. Big deal. You mentioned having a bad day. Aren't you willing to allow for someone else's bad day? Or does that courtesy only apply for you? So toughen up, hang around, contribute and learn.

-rematt
Old
ABW Ambassador
"I don't want to spend another second wasting time here"

Have some will power. You can log off anytime.

I wasn't sure yet but it looks like you were just answering a question because somebody else started a thread asking about it. Sometimes it's pretty clear, sometimes just have to wait and see the intentions. But it does help to have a little thicker skin. I checked out some of the stuff posted above and usually just close it out when I see those long make money sales type pages.
Old
Rematt, yes. You are right (really)

Rematt, you are right. I apologize - seriously.

However my overreaction did allow me to have a temporary mental breakdown? Can i plead insanity?

Don't tell me i can't. Because by NOW you know i can.

Old
Umm. In case you hadn't noticed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
"I don't want to spend another second wasting time here"

Have some will power. You can log off anytime.

I wasn't sure yet but it looks like you were just answering a question because somebody else started a thread asking about it. Sometimes it's pretty clear, sometimes just have to wait and see the intentions. But it does help to have a little thicker skin. I checked out some of the stuff posted above and usually just close it out when I see those long make money sales type pages.
Ummm. In case you hadn't noticed. Huge failures such as myself HAVE no freaking will power.
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
However my overreaction did allow me to have a temporary mental breakdown? Can i plead insanity?

Don't tell me i can't. Because by NOW you know i can.
Whadaya mean? We're all insane here (at least sometimes). You'll fit right in. Just chill a little. And welcome aboard.

-rematt
Old
Rats, always the bassoon.

rematt says: "And yet you're here!"

"Rats, once again I'm the bassoon."

Last edited by workathometruth; October 27th, 2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: quoted wrong
Old
ABW Ambassador
Old
The Seal of Aproval
This is where I come when I have a bad day, also when I have a good day.

-rematt

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search