Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: New forum - what should i know before i open one?

Tools Search
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:49 PM
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
I have been able to get up to 600 Hundred unique visitors (organic) per day and about 40k in sales per month on my old home made website which did have an integrated shopping cart but the problem was that I could not add tracking code from SAS. So I have changed my website.
You have your own best statistics. How is your new site doing with visits and sales compared to the old site?
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Affiliate Manager
Well, this is hard to tell because the best moths are Jan. Feb. Mar. April slows down may is slow I had some nice sales lasts week. The traffic is about 300-400 hundred a day.

I will be able to tell you next year when I compare stats from the first 3 moths.

People like my new site better, I have a poll at the bottom of the front page.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxly View Post
huh? All The Mail Order Shoppe's sites are all linked to one cart. His situation is different. I guess you could argue that there are different situations, however in DCT's case I would argue that the leap is too big. There are other programs that use a consolidated cart for all their sites, but they are very well integrated to the site. The product pages are all housed at the main domains.
Huh??? LOL. I'm thinking maybe I missed some discussion in another thread. If the issue is all those product pages being off site and not just a hosted cart itself (which is what was being said), I can follow that reasoning a bit better. I still doubt a majority of consumers would notice or understand. We're more attuned to those kind of things.

At this point though, I wonder if investing the $2500 in an OPM to help get things better ready for prime time and looking at the forum a few months down the road wouldn't be a better sequencing of marketing spend.
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Send a message via MSN to adwordser Send a message via Yahoo to adwordser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
I have been able to get up to 600 Hundred unique visitors (organic) per day and about 40k in sales per month on my old home made website which did have an integrated shopping cart......
You are great!
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post
Huh??? LOL. I'm thinking maybe I missed some discussion in another thread. If the issue is all those product pages being off site and not just a hosted cart itself (which is what was being said), I can follow that reasoning a bit better. I still doubt a majority of consumers would notice or understand. We're more attuned to those kind of things.

At this point though, I wonder if investing the $2500 in an OPM to help get things better ready for prime time and looking at the forum a few months down the road wouldn't be a better sequencing of marketing spend.

Well, that is what I had in mind but have been told that my website needs total reconstruction - which I would love to do if I had 5K laying around for that purpose.

However, I do not have that, so I am seeking what I can do on my own for a reasonable dime as I have more time than money.

Going back to the cart. Say, my website was converting a decent amount of targeted traffic. Say it would convert as good as some other sites with integrated cart.

What would be a reason for an affiliate not to jump on the band wagon?

Might it be the fact that they do not trust that the sales will convert?

Why would not affiliate link directly into the cart instead of my home page?
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM
http and a telephoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post
Yes, he had a full site review thread where all of this was discussed.
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwordser View Post
You are great!
I am not sure you are making fun of me.

Either way, thanks for your reply.
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
http and a telephoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
I am not sure you are making fun of me.

Either way, thanks for your reply.
I don't think they were making fun of you. That is a good amount of traffic. And I think that english is not easy for that member, they just started posting here and are trying to be helpful I think
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Affiliate Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxly View Post
I don't think they were making fun of you. That is a good amount of traffic. And I think that english is not easy for that member, they just started posting here and are trying to be helpful I think

I hope so and am grateful for the compliment. It is a good amount of traffic for that niche site.

Tags
forum

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search