Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Advice about a contest

Tools Search
Old
Advice about a contest

So the heads were i work decided that they wanted to get the public more involved with what we do. I wanted to get your opinion on it.

There is a contest currently to create a sort of mascot/character to be added to our site. The prize is fun and anyone is welcome to it. My question is, since its open to the public do you think this will bring more people in? I know a few people like a good contest im just afraid of what we might find with some of the ideas

Considering too that im torn between family friendly or professional looking character. Im not sure what are you thoughts?
Old
ABW Ambassador
If you look at mascots, you can find some goofy characters, who are extremely popular. A mascot does not have to be serious, it can be silly.

It really depends on your demographics. Who do you cater to? family? corporate? kids? business?

If your site is dedicated to the business community, then a goofy mascot may not work, but if it is dedicated to families, then a silly/goofy/funny mascot might be a great fit.

Opening it to the public may bring in some crazy ideas, but some of the most successful mascots are probably way out of the box
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
The engagement and approval of the user base is the end result, not the contest nor the possible exposure.

That said, poll the group for design elements, go to 99designs put it out there as a contest (to have skilled people design the mascot with your controlled specs), everyone in your member base who votes for the winning submission is eligable for your prizes.

Suggested fees at 99designs ranges from $100-$300.

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Network Rep & ABW Ambassador
Love 99designs, good stuff!

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search