Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

affiliate directory name

Tools Search
Old
Please rate the following domains as names for an affiliate program directory by taking into account such things as domain extension, length and relevance. You don't have to put a money value, just degree of preference. (names you are most likely to click on.)

1.affiliateprogramdirectory.com
2.affiliateforum.com
3.affiliatedirectory.info
4.associatesdirectory.com

Thanks for your time!

P.S does the fact that affiliateprogramdirectory.com is so long make it tacky or does the inclusion of all keywords add prestige?
Old
ABW Ambassador
You may want to consider using the word "partners".

Mike Mackin
Old
I quickly scanned the names to see which jumped out at me and was most pleasing.

I pick #3
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist

1's good for SEO but it's a bit hard to read all that crammed together. Good branding doms should be nice and easy to read (IMO. I haven't made a study.)

4 is disliked because it uses the word "associate." Unfortunately, so do a lot of empl*yers who decided that "employee" was declasse and wanted a euphemism! So the word "associate" is forever tainted in my mind. Amazon using it doesn't help, they're one of my worst performers, which taints the word even more.

"Partners"...that may sound good, but I wouldn't use it unless WordTracker shows that people are actually using that term in searches. A lot of times, the jargon-du-jour is not what most people are using. (Even if you don't expect to get most of your traffic from searches, WordTracker's search report will show what words people are using when they think of your subject.)

Edit--Oops, falling asleep here, I missed that ".info" on #3. It'd be better with .com; I can just imagine automatically typing .com and ending up somewhere else or getting a 404.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb
Old
sheepie dog, i like that domain the most as well, however as Leader says the .info can be a bit confusing. I'm still not sure how much of a negative role it can play in a name.

Also the affiliateprogramdirectory name is a bit cramped. On the other hand all the keywords are inside and it is the perfect generic name. Not sure yet.. any more opinions?

cheers
Old
ABW Ambassador
I like number 2.... in the words of Daphne Moon "I don't know why"
Old
For a while I used to like keyword1-keyword2.com domains but with the latest google update I'm back to liking easy to remember domains.

Maybe something along the lines of affiliateworld...

<hr>
Leave the gun, take the cannolis.
Old
Affiliate Marketing Consultant
4affiliatedirectory.com is available

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
<font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>
Old
I like hypheninated domains ...

like this one:

www.my-affiliate-programs.com

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
(Chef Brian)
Seek and you shall find
Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search