Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: another broken record newbie thread

Tools Search
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
another broken record newbie thread

Hello to all,

I'm a restaurateur in the Washington DC metro area. I've enjoyed steady success in my field for quite some time, problem is, being in the restaurant business is often times monotonous and taxing on the body. I've been lurking on this website for several weeks now and have found a plethora of information with regards to affiliate marketing. My question is quite simple, is it possible to generate revenue (with proper due diligence) in less than one year? I'm semi computer literate, however, I'm a fast learner and willing to put in the time. Thanks in advance for any feedback, happy new year.
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM
ABW Ambassador
Hi jhanley, welcome to ABW. Yes it is possible to get things started in a year or less. Not the millions that some ebook sellers would have us all believe, but a start, yes.
Good luck.
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
It took me about a year to get to the point where I could quit my day job. I started because of a squeeze page for a affiliate marketing video training coarse that didn't turn out to give me the ten million dollar a year income and the making money in less than 30 minutes from now promise, but I'm glad I stuck with it, millionaire or not working from home at my own schedule is the best.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
So do you start with one site? A review site? A blog? I'm not quite sure how to begin.
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
ABW Ambassador
I would start with one site/blog, get your feet wet, learn, make mistakes, learn some more, with something you have experience with or enjoy. Since you're a restaurateur, you probably know a lot about restaurant supplies and such. There are many merchants selling that kind of stuff and you can have some nice sales with that. Maybe a hobby you have, other interests etc. There are many ways to do this, so many it can be overwhelming. Just pick one thing to start with.
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Should I use more than one merchant per site or give one particular merchant exclusivity?
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:48 PM
ABW Ambassador
It is best to cover a topic/product rather than a merchant. The merchant has their own site for that, and if they decide to do things differently you might end up with a site that needs to be completely redone to be productive. Programs close sometimes or switch networks and it isn't good to be anchored to one set of data/products for a site.
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:52 PM
There's an overwhelming amount of e-training on this subject. Does anybody have first hand experience with an incorrupt source for beginner information?
Old January 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
ABW Ambassador
True, there is an ocean of people out there trying to sell you "The Secret", but there isn't one. Check through the Affiliate Academy section here. It is full of first hand questions and answers. Affiliate ABCs is another good forum here to check out. Try searching (in the upper right corner) for specific information. Easiest way to see all the forums is to click on the ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum link in the upper left of the page - then scroll down.
Old January 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Super Dawg Member
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanley View Post
Does anybody have first hand experience with an incorrupt source for beginner information?
Doesn't exist, for affiliate marketing, brain surgery, exoplanetology, or any other field. A good tip is that, generally, the more you pay the less likely you are to receive an incorrupt source in return.

If what you want is a comprehensive source, with discussions of the good, the bad, the possible, of what works for some, not so for others, plus references (and sometimes links) to multiple outsides sources, A Best Web is the answer. It's here, you just have to seek it out and read, read, read. Taking notes helps, too.
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
My advice if you're just starting out you should write a blog on something you know. Also you can try to write review of products, these type of websites convert well if you do a good review.
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Do most affiliates have multiple websites? Is it even possible to generate significant revenues from a single site?
Old January 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
ABW Ambassador
I suspect that most affiliates have multiple websites. I think the overwhelming majority of highly successful affiliates make significant revenues from a single site or a small number of sites. When you're spread to thin, it's hard to provide true value to the visitors, which I feel is a fairly essential component of long-term success.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
I'm not very active on ABestWeb anymore because I disapprove of certain changes. If you post a reply intended for me, I might miss it.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Looks like some of the top paying sites are poker/gambling related. Would being involved with a niche that has so much pending litigation be a good idea? I love to play poker and would like to focus my energies in that direction.

Last edited by jhanley; January 20th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Poker and gambling sites are not legal in the US.

ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW - None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe) - Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison. Give me a minute before I post again.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search