Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Comics affiliate programs?

Tools Search
Old
Comics affiliate programs?

This is a long shot, I know, but hopefully I can at least ask without getting into too much trouble.

Basically I already have a niche site which covers XXX (where XXX is the subject, not the type of content, it's VERY family friendly). Now the deal is the XXX site was never meant to make money, it was just an intense labor of love (still is). But I have started to try monetizing it and although it's not much in the grand scheme of things, if I could replicate it 6 or 7x over, I could quit my day job tomorrow.

So I had the opportunity to purchase XXXcomics.net (turns out XXXcomics.com is owned by XXX but isn't used at all). the search term 'XXX comics' yields about 500 searches per day according to the adwords keyword tool, so I think I'm off to a good start.

So realizing that people really aren't apt to purchasing new comic issues online (although subscriptions are possible), I'm wondering if there's a good affiliate program for the market. XXX has been around for a while so there's a huge backcatalog, so even a comics dealer that offers back issues, but ideally with a datafeed so I can keep up with it systematically/programatically.

any other suggestions greatly appreciated. graphic novels and compilation books are also factors, but I just assume use Amazon.com for that.

eBay also would probably be ideal but they've denied me in the past (and haven't heard the greatest things about them either recently)

Last edited by bradk; December 5th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Online Comic Book Store - Things From Another World Shareasale - I'm in Popshops, I see they have 10,000+ items

Marvel.com: The Official Site | Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, Wolverine and the heroes of the Marvel Universe.Comics, News, Movies and Video Games | Marvel.com - CJ, but doesn't look like they have product links.

All the book merchants look like they have comics and product links/feed - Borders, Buy.com, Amazon books, Barnes & Noble etc
Old
thanks for the quick response. I did check out your first link and they do have a few back issues (mostly recent ones from the current primary licensee), so that's a step in the right direction but not quite big enough i'm afraid. i will check popshops.com for my specific niche though.

i'm kind of looking for something like Comic Books Online: Comic Book Stores, Comic Subscriptions, Comic Subscription Service, Online Comic Book Store, My Comics, Comic Books, Comic Book Subscription, Comic, Comics Discount, All Comics, Comic'S who I guess used to have an affiliate program (they still link to it on CJ on their site, but CJ doesn't seem to acknowledge they exist anymore).

as far as the books/graphic novels go, i may be naive but I like pushing amazon.com since I figure there's a lot more potential other purchases people can make at the same time (and I like them as a customer). even though they don't have direct product feeds and have a rather garbagey api that returns way too much irrelevant products, i do have a proprietary system in place that's been very good at letting me know when they list future stuff.

so i guess what i really need is a large vintage comics dealer.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Kung Fu Master
bradk, curious why you posted so many keywords as link text with that link? "MailorderComics.com" would've been enough, but you posted a boatload of KWs instead. Why? It comes across more than a little spammy.

Just a heads up.

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment
Old
ABW Ambassador
That's not him, it looks like that's just how ABW is setup. Even my 2 links above, they were to tfaw . com and marvel . com and ABW takes links and then uses the title tags from the sites being linked too, in the post.
Old
You can disable that on a post by post basis (in "Go Advanced"), but it's on by default.

For back orders, there's probably nothing better than eBay.

For subscriptions, you might like at some of the magazine sellers. (There are several here on ABW.) Many of them also sell comic subscriptions.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
Kung Fu Master
My apologies then. I've never seen links show up like that before. Seems like a pretty strange default.

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment
Old
Believe
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eathan View Post
My apologies then. I've never seen links show up like that before. Seems like a pretty strange default.
I've not seen it either. It's kind of annoying, certainly could encourage spammers as well.

I like just seeing the link or the phrase the poster chooses as the link.

Just to be a little on topic, I agree with Michael, eBay would be the way to go for back issues of comics.
Old
yes, I definitely agree eBay would be the best for what I want, except that they've already denied me before on my primary site. I'm guessing if I even have a chance with this one, I'm going to have to establish it for some time before I can consider applying.
Old
ABW Ambassador
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk View Post
yes, I definitely agree eBay would be the best for what I want, except that they've already denied me before on my primary site. I'm guessing if I even have a chance with this one, I'm going to have to establish it for some time before I can consider applying.
Not sure if it will work but try this forum - Earn on eBay promoting the Apple iPad - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Start a new thread there asking if anybody there can help you out getting into the program. Not sure if they're here just posting announcements or if they can actually help out ebay affiliates or potential ebay affiliates.

"You can disable that on a post by post basis (in "Go Advanced"), but it's on by default."

Yeah, I think it's annoying too. Can we put it back to the way it was as the default.

Last edited by Trust; December 6th, 2010 at 05:26 AM.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search