Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Direct Mail

Tools Search
Old
I currently have some media kits from three of the nation's top "shared mailer" programs. The following products are things I'm considering utilizing this marketing technique for:

- Credit card
- Auto loan (bad credit)
- Satellite

Has anyone had sucess with any of these or wishes to share any wisdom on these particular products?

Thanks,
Z
Old
Nobody? Perhaps this is the wrong camp for this question.

Old
ABW Veteran

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
Hey zesbez,

I'm definitely not an offline marketing expert by any means but as a consumer, I do look at some of those shared mailers and can say that something that would make the end user go online to further investigate options/prices/colors/sizes would be better than another "me too" offer in the already saturated pack. How about something like blinds? rugs? flooring? "World stock" furnishings from OS? Palm pilots? The list can go on and on because there are so many verticals that can easily be targetted to the particular demographics in an original and effective manner instead of the oh, another CC, directTV or loan offer.

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Old
Haiko,

Thanks for the feedback. I guess there is a plethora of these type offers but the high commissions almost tempt me. It would take an order(s) of at least $6500 at most affiliate retailers to get the same commission I would get on one dish. I'll chew on these ideas for sure though.

I take Mr. Sal's post as "don't kiss, don't tell"...

Good luck,
Z
Old
ABW Veteran
Hi zesbez,

What I meant by that post was as simple as, I will keep quiet and wait to see what others might reply before I say anything first.

Since you posted: (from three of the nation's top "shared mailer" programs) and I am very tired of all the Spam that I get daily, when I saw the shared mailer part of your post, I had to post something but after I had the reply box open and I was ready to post, I decided not to mention the words (email Spam) so, I just posted the two (smilies.gif)

I was not going to post nothing on this thread after Haiko already reply to your question on those particular products but, after you posted this: ( I take Mr. Sal's post as "don't kiss, don't tell".. ) I don't want you to think what you thought, that's why I made this post now.

Sal.

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />
"It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. ~ Benjamin Disraeli"
Old
Good deal Sal... thanks for clarifying.
Old
Adseets can be profitable.

Do you get a thingy in the mail from your local supermarket?

Or a flyer from with 8 or so local merchants ads.

Somethimes you make money as the merchant, sometimes not, but it must work for some people as they send it out everyweek and it's not free put your ad in.

The whole of business skill is how do you tell the most likely to buy people about you, your product or service for the least amount of money that you don't have to shell out until after you make a sale but probably won't ever find and will have to pay the piper first.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Shared mailers are OK but I feel that you'll get lost in the pack. Better to send a postcard ad to each address. I ad per person/address to get them to see your information. Better chances that way.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I like the postcard idea, but what are we allowed to put on it? We are allowed to put product images on our web sites, but are we allowed to put them on postcards? What about using brand names? What copyright issues do we have to worry about here?
Old
Jane,

You would need to contact each affiliate individually to see what their policy would be on direct mail.

Good luck,
Z
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thats the problem, I am talking about products I mainly have more than one merchant for. Say common products that are sold by many, like a George Foreman Grill. Many merchants sell it but they don't manufacturer it or have exclusive rights to it. I advertise products more than merchants and products are what I would want to include on a direct mail piece.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search