Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Ebook

Tools Search
Old
Ebook

I want and need advice on writing an ebook and also writing blogs.

Also what are the steps 2 writing an ebook ?
Old
notary sojac
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by the limit is past the sky
what are the steps 2 writing an ebook ?
become an expert in something first, then write about it
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound
"Ebook" is a format, as is hardcover, paperback, etc.

For any book, as Herb said, you need to have enough knowledge about a subject to write a unique, knowledgeable treatise on a nonfiction subject, or enough creativity and skill to write a novel.

Once, done, use the ebook as a form of marketing.

As far as blogs are concerned, the same is true - you need interest and knowledge on a subject, and creativity, to write posts that others would care to read and respond to.

There is a wealth of knowledge here and on the net as to how to start a blog, the easiest and quickest to go live being Google's Blogger. Most ABWebers seem to prefer Wordpress to any other format. As a Mac user, I also use RapidWeaver (not free, but for $50.00 you can build an unlimited number of sites and/or blogs, but you need, as with Wordpress, your own hosting).
phil@abestweb.com
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
become an expert in something first, then write about it
Wrong.

The Professional steps.

1) Write a sales page preying on unwed mothers, recently unemployed and the elderly weaknesses. Don't worry about the ebook yet, you need sales first.

2) Just grab some crap off the web on whatever. Who cares. Just make sure to promise the above group easy money, guaranteed success etc. Affiliate marketing etc is a good choice.

3) If you write about affiliate marketing, come here and ask questions. If you wrote about blogging, find a site about blogging and ask questions there.

4) Get pissed that people don't accept that you are guru and know better than them even though this is your first shot at it.

5) Blame it on people's hatred of clickbank and point out how successful you are.

6) Go back to your day dreaming of screwing people over because just like everything else, your bragging about being successful is a lie.

The end.

Chet
Old
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by the limit is past the sky
I want and need advice on writing an ebook and also writing blogs.

Also what are the steps 2 writing an ebook ?
To attract readers and experience success in writing, you'll first need to possess writing skills. An indication in that regard is your misapplication of the number 2, the word two, and how to use them too.

X
Old
Affiliate Manager
Ed, 2shay! Or is it tooshay
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
1. Write your book in WORD.
2. Print to PDF (pdf995 will work)
3. Distribute.

I had an ebook that I distributed in Clickbank in the past using Payloadz as a payment vehicle. It worked, but I got a lot of scraper-type CB affiliates marketing my stuff and even copying entire pages. Got sick of it and removed it, gave away the content free and made more money via contextual advertising without the headaches.

I am working on another ebook. And I don't want to use Clickbank. And I don't want to give it away. I know through Paypal, one can use Website Payments Standard and have buyers redirected to a download page. I suppose one could simply change that page weekly. Suggestions?
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Send a message via AIM to TrishaLyn Send a message via Yahoo to TrishaLyn Send a message via Skype™ to TrishaLyn
CutePDF is another print to pdf software I've been using for years and had good success with. Never written an ebook, but just in general it's another option that's free and works well for me generating PDFs.
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLyn
CutePDF is another print to pdf software I've been using for years and had good success with. Never written an ebook, but just in general it's another option that's free and works well for me generating PDFs.
Will CutePDF preserve bookmarks made in Word?

Currently, I am using docudesk DeskPDF Standard, which works very nicely, but does not preserve the bookmarks. Their Premium version does.
Old
Send a message via AIM to TrishaLyn Send a message via Yahoo to TrishaLyn Send a message via Skype™ to TrishaLyn
I'm not entirely sure... by bookmarks do you mean hyperlinks?
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLyn
I'm not entirely sure... by bookmarks do you mean hyperlinks?
Bookmarks within a document are a form of hyperlink within the page. My docudesk Standard program does not preserve them. It does, however, preserve regular hyperlinks, provided the entire URL is used as the anchor text.
Old
Affiliate Manager
there's an add-on in Word 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Will CutePDF preserve bookmarks made in Word?

Currently, I am using docudesk DeskPDF Standard, which works very nicely, but does not preserve the bookmarks. Their Premium version does.
If you are using Word 2007, there is a free add-on you can download from Microsoft directly that will let you do a "save as" to PDF. It will preserve your hyperlinks without them having to be the full URL.

The add-on is called "Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS" and can be found at the URL below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Hope that helps.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Bwaha, another cool feature of Office 07. I was happy to learn they finally integrated dupe checking into Excel... thanks for the tip Eric, I'll try that out for awhile. Although I'm not the one writing eBooks, so my feedback is inconsequential

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search