Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join
View Poll Results: How much traffic do you get from Inktomi?
Less than 20 hits per day 7 36.84%
Between 20 and 100 hits per day 2 10.53%
Between 100 and 500 hits per day 4 21.05%
Between 500 and 1000 hits per day 3 15.79%
Over 1000 hits per day 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

How much traffic do you get from Inktomi?

Tools Search
Old
I have paid to be included on Inktomi, yet I still get over 90% of my traffic from Google.

I was wondering how well does Inktomi work for the rest of you.

I'm afraid to be so dependant on Google, and would love to get at least half of my traffic from my Inktomi pages, but it looks like the way I try to optimize my pages works for Google but doesn't do anything to give me good rankings in Inktomi.

Do you optimize differently for Inktomi?
Old
I think it has to be tied with the number of pages getting indexed by Inktomi.
I just got three of my sites included (only 1 page from each site), and I see them in msn.com and hotbot, but where??? at 38-60 positions. And when I checked the sites above me, I didn't see no logic in placing them higher (or lower). I'm not whining about my sites being so low, although I optimized them, and the ones above might not be optimized at all. What I see in it is different type of links. The Inktomi redirects simply are rated low. Wherever I checked. Especially on msn. Maybe I'm wrong about it, but I haven't seen one inktomi redirect in the top 10 of MSN results.

So, I'd love to know how many pages people get indexed by Inktomi.

Oh, by the way, when I edited my URL, the old URL disappeared from the results. So it's not really indexing and adding your site to the big bowl, it's more like sticking it between other results as number 99. Am I right?
Old
ABW Ambassador
Poll is meaningless... better to ask what percentage.. If I get over 1000 a day from INK but a million a day from GG whats that tell you?

----
-J
The neighbors complain about the noises above
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If I get over 1000 a day from INK but a million a day from GG whats that tell you?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It tells me you get more traffic than I do.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life
Old
ABW Ambassador
But really, netsu...

What is your question ?
Your poll, worded as it is , even if everyone here responded , really doesn't provide any information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do you optimize differently for Inktomi? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now , that's your real question isn't it ?

For me, No. I ONLY optimize for Inktomi , and what works for Inktomi seems to satisfy Google as well for relevancy .

For some odd reason though, it doesn't work as well the other way around , ie; Optimizing for Google and getting Inktomi .

I just find Inktomi easier , and the recent Yahoo purchase of Inktomi has me convinced that this is where I should be planting some seeds .
Old
ABW Ambassador
marky

If only those were real numbers...

----
-J
The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
posted April 05, 2003 03:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
I think it has to be tied with the number of pages getting indexed by Inktomi.
I just got three of my sites included (only 1 page from each site), and I see them in msn.com and hotbot, but where??? at 38-60 positions. And when I checked the sites above me, I didn't see no logic in placing them higher (or lower).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, I don't see any rhyme or reason, KtoEto

Poll is meaningless... better to ask what percentage..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, then. What percentage?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But really, netsu...

What is your question ?
Your poll, worded as it is , even if everyone here responded , really doesn't provide any information.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I realize now it was a stupid poll

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you optimize differently for Inktomi?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now , that's your real question isn't it ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, actually both were real questions, but I screwed up on the first one.

For me, No. I ONLY optimize for Inktomi , and what works for Inktomi seems to satisfy Google as well for relevancy .

For some odd reason though, it doesn't work as well the other way around , ie; Optimizing for Google and getting Inktomi .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The truth is, I don't really optimize for a specific SE. I optimize the only way I know how ( working on keyword URLs, titles, meta-tags, H1 tags etc). They have worked out for google, but I can't figure Inktomi out yet. Like KtoEto said on his reply above, I don't see any logic in inktomi placements which are above mine.

I just find Inktomi easier , and the recent Yahoo purchase of Inktomi has me convinced that this is where I should be planting some seeds . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITA with you, Lisa. I just hope I figure Inktomi out before it's to late for me, and I'm left behind.

Thanks for your replies!

[This message was edited by netsu on April 06, 2003 at 02:57 AM.]

[This message was edited by netsu on April 06, 2003 at 03:00 AM.]

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search