|  » Forgot your password?

Microsoft to battle Spyware article

Tools Search
Old
ABW Ambassador
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thanks Trust!,

Thats the best news I have read this year!

DPG
Old
ABW Ambassador
Definetly a step in the right direction.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
About Time!

Thanks for news Trust.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Merchants should think about the long term repurcussions of working with spyware. I don't think a lot of big brand merchants can afford the association. Once i removed SaveNow from my gf mom's computer and got the pops to stop, she remembered the advertisers she saw in those pops and wrote them a nice letter She won't shop with them anymore. People don't like their computers messed with, watch out for consumer backlash.
Old
Affiliate Marketing Consultant
Send a message via ICQ to Andy Rodriguez Send a message via AIM to Andy Rodriguez Send a message via MSN to Andy Rodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Rodriguez Send a message via Skype™ to Andy Rodriguez

about freakin time...
www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs
Old
ABW Ambassador
You go, Microsoft!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TrustNo1 wrote: Merchants should think about the long term repurcussions of working with spyware. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Very good point. I think most consumers don't really understand the finer points of these programs, nor do they want to. The bottom line is they don't know how it got there, and they want the pop ups to stop. The merchants who are featured in the pop ups are the ones consumers will relate to as being bad, because in their eyes it is one and the same.

Merchants will pay a far higher price than they suspect once this is officially made illegal. The free ride for those who operate in gray areas is about to end, and I pity the fools who are foolish enough to invest money in the companies these companies.

Andy
Old
ABW Ambassador
Great news!
Old
Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
Send a message via AIM to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via MSN to Kellie aka Ms. B Send a message via Yahoo to Kellie aka Ms. B
Very good news. Seems they will be closing (or taking good steps towards closing) that Messenger hole. Many of the other steps MS is taking should put a dent in ability to do drive by installs.

The only one I'm a bit concerned about is the pop up blocker. Hopefully MS will code that better than some others have. And yes, I know what many will say about MS coding properly. LOL. Which is why I'm a bit concerned. It will also depend if the pop up blocker is default to on or off. But I certainly hope my ability to surf with open in a new window isn't blocked.
I just wouldn't be able to surf. I'm also about launch a site that will use pop up quite a bit to provide users with additional information without them having to go another page and then come back. I hope that type of legit use of pops doesn't get blocked like some of the other major blockers do.
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Everyone should comment to thta Wired News article writer showing our ABW support for this positive...loooong awaited move by Microsoft. Merchants, 3rd party AM firms and networks better start practicing domain bound affiliate butt kissing as this dooms the drive-by & hidden bundling infestations of the BHO commission thieves.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Funny that the CEO of Overstock is weening his AM's from reliance on BHO's for any future growth. Seems he and his family are close friends of Warren Buffet who makes all the right moves on shifting sands.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"
Old
ABW Ambassador
I'm glad I'm not one of the knuckleheads that just gave 180solutions a bunch of $$$.

CDC

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search