Welcome, guest! Login Join
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

Sex may be good, but not when we're getting *****!

Tools Search
Old
ABW Veteran
Sex may be good, but not when we're getting *****!

Just search for your domain name in Google, and see if you're getting fked by those that are using your domain name on their site to make money, while your original domain name website may be no where to be found in there.

Never mind the parasites, just find out who is really fkn-you up lately.

While some parasites may overwrite some of your cookies and steal some of your commissions, there are some Mother Fkrs out there that just take your content, your ideas, your hard work, and just make a page with it, with Google adsense, and they not even give you a link to your site, so they get listed on the first page and make all the fkng money with your content, while the fkng Google just drop your site from the search results and no one else gives a fu*k.

I think that it's time to wake up and smell the roses.

Enough is enough, I can't keep quiet anymore.

Fk me once, fk me twice, but fk me the third time, and I will use the Lorena Bobbit method, "Just cut the offending part off"

Old
ABW Founder
Send a message via AIM to Haiko de Poel, Jr.
Bobbit method ... hmmm interesting choice there ... online, that is.

Haiko
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
Old
More Cheesier Than Ever
You are referring to scrapers I assume. The really bad consequence from all this is that the search engines must adjust their algorithms to eliminate these types of results. Unfortunately, many affiliates then see their pages removed or downgraded.

I have tried to avoid making any page or site that in any way resembles a scraper site in its structure or function.
Old
ABW Ambassador
What are you gonna do, Sal?
Old
ABW Veteran
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Unfortunately, many affiliates then see their pages removed or downgraded.
That's exactly what is pissing me off.

I am just wandering of what's the use of making a good content targeting page, if any of those Mther Fkrs will just steal your content and then the Fkng Gkle will list them on the first page and just drop your original pages from their index.

Fk that sht.
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Someone send a boatload of site scraping perps, willing to eat the peanuts out of the PPCSE crap, so he can give them an attitude Adjustment... Sure wish we could OUT the bastards here so the other site scrapers would target their perloined money cow.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Last edited by ecomcity; November 14th, 2005 at 01:15 AM.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bay
What are you gonna do, Sal?
Sam,

That's a good question, so I will give you a good answer.

I don't know yet!

But, whatever I may decide to do, I think it will not happen this year (2005)

I may get borderline once in a while, but so far I have never crossed that line (Yet.)

Sal.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Scraper sites are nothing new, how come you didn't get pissed off years ago?
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustNo1
Scraper sites are nothing new, how come you didn't get pissed off years ago?
Trust,

Don't try to be an smart ass on this one.

last year I outed a couple of those here on ABW, and all this year I have been pissed off about this issue since January, just because I have not posted about it this year, doesn't mean that I have not seen the problem.

If you need to know why I have exploded today about this issue, just read this post by PreacherMan here:
Quote:
BTW guys if you want to see what the final results of the Jagger update will look like once all datacenters are aligned search from http://66.102.9.104/
So I went there and did a few searches, and if that's what the final results are going to be, fk that sht.

You don't know how many years I have been pissed off about many different crap, just because I don't like to talk about it, doesn't mean that I am ok with all the shit that is going on many places.

And btw, I don't depend on any Network, Merchant or Search Engine to make a living like you do, I am a self made what I am, so whether I make more or less on affiliate marketing, that's beside the point, but I just hate any crook (who ever they are) that steal from the work of others.

Sal.
Old
: : : Me and the boys are with ya and ready to kick some butt: : :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
Trust,

Don't try to be an smart ass on this one.

last year I outed a couple of those here on ABW, and all this year I have been pissed off about this issue since January, just because I have not posted about it this year, doesn't mean that I have not seen the problem.

If you need to know why I have exploded today about this issue, just read this post by PreacherMan here:

So I went there and did a few searches, and if that's what the final results are going to be, fk that sht.

You don't know how many years I have been pissed off about many different crap, just because I don't like to talk about it, doesn't mean that I am ok with all the shit that is going on many places.

And btw, I don't depend on any Network, Merchant or Search Engine to make a living like you do, I am a self made what I am, so whether I make more or less on affiliate marketing, that's beside the point, but I just hate any crook (who ever they are) that steal from the work of others.

Sal.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Just don't spend too much time being angry over this. I don't think you can blame lackluster search engine rankings on these types of sites. I'm sure some of the best ranking sites in the engines are being duplicated 100 times more than you.

- Scott
Old
The Thin White Duke
Sal,

For Google you could drop them a few spam reports using http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html . I know they have been receiving a lot of these during the last update and the most important thing is they have acted on them. Just nuke the offending sites
Old
15 years and counting
Like PreacherMan said, it's the right thing to do.
From Matt Cutts a guy working at Google in that division:
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/jagger-winding-down/
Absolutely. We’re working through the reports that we’ve received, but I’d love to have more. Just to repeat, you can do a spam report at http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html with the keyword “jagger3″ and we’ll check it out.
Old
ABW Adviser Panel
(Edited thread title as some will have found it offensive)
Old
ABW Veteran
Thanks Dynamoo,

You're right, that last word in the title may have not been too appropriate.

Sal.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Well, Sal, I asked "What are you gonna do?" to actually get an idea of what can be done. Sure, they irritate me, too, but I always thought they don't show up at regular searches, at least not anywhere close to the top. They only show up for for domain or sitename searches. Most sites, including my sites, come up at the top when searched for domain name or site name followed by these scraper sites.

It may still a be problem for well-known websites, but I don't think any of my sites get more than 50 domain/site name searches per month, so I have always considered these spammer as "not dangerous", and even in some cases, when they link to you, as "helpful".
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Well, Sal, I asked "What are you gonna do?" to actually get an idea of what can be done. Sure, they irritate me, too, but I always thought they don't show up at regular searches, at least not anywhere close to the top. They only show up for for domain or sitename searches. Most sites, including my sites, come up at the top when searched for domain name or site name followed by these scraper sites.
Well, Sam, I think that unless we spend a lot of time and spend some heavy money to take some real action against those people, I don't think there is much that we can do.

You say that they only show up for for domain or sitename searches but, if you have a domain name that is your domainname key word, I don't see why can a SE. list those site scrapers with your domainname key word and your own content, while at the same time they ignore your original domainname.com and content.

You may ask who will search for domain or sitename in order to get to your site but, if you tell someone on the street that they can find what they're looking for on your site, and give them a name that they can always remember even if they forget about how to type in the whole URL to your site, I believe that if they type your domainname on the SE. they should be able to find your site at least on the first page of that SE. results, and not get a bunch cr*p sites listed in there with your domainname key word and content, and not even a link to your site on those cr*ppy sites.

Quote:
so I have always considered these spammer as "not dangerous", and even in some cases, when they link to you, as "helpful".
As long as the have a working link to your site, it may be not that bad, but when they use your domainname key word, title description and your page content, without even putting a real link to your site in there, well, to me that's just plain robbery.

Sometimes I feel that It's too bad for me, that I am the way I am, because in the heat of the moment I just want to do a reversal of myself and just spam the hell out of those peoples, SE's and everyone else involded on that cr*p, but luckily for those crooks and even for myself, I am the way I always have been.

I just keep on filling the bucket with all the sh*t that I find on my way and I try not to spill any on someone elses path, but who knows, maybe one day my bucket get's too heavy for me to keep on carrying it and then the big time.

In the mean time, I may get real mad at any bad sh*t I see at any given time, but as someone who has a lot of experience with been patient at things that I can't change by myself alone, usually when I get mad, I don't stay mad for more than a day, and if I get really mad, I normally try to dismiss that stress from my mind in less than 72 hours.

For a long time, I have come to the conclusion that when you get mad and don't talk about it, you will feel mad for a longer time, than if you just say whatever is't that is bothering you at that moment.

I also have learned that when you talk about what's making you mad at any given time, you will find people that will understand what you're going thru, and help you get rid of some stress by just talking about the issue or just plain and simple don't say anything, but once in a while you will also find someone else that instead of analyze what's going on before they jump into conclusions, they will just get you even madder just to see your reaction or to even get you in trouble for what you may say in a moment of anger.

Wow Sam, you sure made talk a lot on this post, thanks. I don't even remember about those site scrapers anymore.

Life is too short to keep on worrying on the same episode for too long. Life is just a it's time to move on to the next act.

Sal.
Old
Well Mr Sal - I see you're using my again without permission.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW - Self Defense Stories
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
Well Mr Sal - I see you're using my again without permission.

You're wrong, take a good look at the one I used, it was Made In Taiwan, yours is Made In China and it's the one that you inherited from me on my previous life.
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Yep... that's a knock-off Sh*tfan and it's already wobbling. Everyone just take your own domain and use the google spam link to out the buggers showing up. Protect your sites.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search