Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

The State of Affiliate Marketing with Haiko De Poel

Tools Search
Old
15 years and counting
The State of Affiliate Marketing with Haiko De Poel

We're always astonished to discover that many new ABW members have no idea of what is ParasiteWare. It's the right time to learn. Take a seat, grab a cup of coffee and listen to the whole story. From ABW early days to OneCause toolbar and the New York tax issue.
Good overview of the State of Affiliate Marketing by Haiko answering Andrew Wee's questions. It's not a 5 minutes Podcast, more like a 1 hour lesson on ethics. Haiko describes in details how these crooked networks are stealing our commissions.
Bravo Haiko, Great Job, we can feel your impetuous, your passion for what Affiliate Marketing should be. Great Holiday gift for all of us. Thanks Andrew for the Podcast.
The State of Affiliate Marketing By Haiko de Poel. An Andrew Wee PodCast
Old
ABW Ambassador
Imagine how it would be without abestweb and Haiko.

Great job Haiko
Old
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
Imagine how it would be without abestweb and Haiko.

Great job Haiko
Informative discussions here on BHOs, and other forms of cookie stuffing, just paint the industry as tainted. BHO's enable defrauding merchants and stealing commissions from first referrer affiliates. Other fully automated commission poachers actally get network and merchant blessings to plant cookies right inside the shopping cart checkout process. Goodbye return day cookie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Great podcast. Thanks, Haiko and Andrew.
Old
Excellent.

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.
Old
Seriously, I suggest you all run down to your local library to get this book. Then read it. You will then REALLY understand what is happening in the world today.

It's called 'Supercapitalism,' by Robert Reich.

And yeah, I know he is a bleeding heart liberal ... but for real this book is not just another rant about how corporations are shafting everyone in the world.

In fact, he paints a picture of reality that will probably frost both liberals and conservatives combined - like 'ice age' type frost.

The parts about spin and such are simply too important not to know about.
It applies to AM and just about every other thing you want to think about.

Read it. You will be amazed you never thought about these things that really matter in your life.
Old
Antisocial Media Expert
Good show, easy listen.

Good job Haiko and Andrew.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Thank you, time well spent!
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
I enjoyed this podcast very much, every network, affiliate manager, merchant and opm should listen to it AT LEAST once. It didn't feel like it was an hour and the information is *priceless*.
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
Mike, did you listen to the podcast? Please do, then comment.
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
What surprises, and disappoints, me is the overwhelming number of retailers that do not understand. They do not understand the money they waste paying bogus commissions that they could be paying good affiliates. At the same time they lay off good employees whose jobs they could save, especially in these difficult times. And worse yet, they negatively impact consumers' Internet experiences. After 10 years of managing programs I thought this would be common knowledge.
Old
ABW Ambassador
I couldn't agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxly
the information is *priceless*.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via Yahoo to Lanadili
Just got through listening to the podcast, and I couldn't agree more with everything you said Haiko. Very well done.
Old
Send a message via AIM to drumminlogan
Thanks Haiko. Very interesting podcast indeed.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Had listened to it while doin stuff over the weekend so listened to it again just now while doin stuff but think I got the whole hour listened to now. lol Agree with the others, definitely worth the time for anybody involved in this to listen to (or twice lol )
Great interview Andrew and Haiko
Old
Affiliate Manager
I agree strongly with JackMarketing.
Retailers just don't get it.
They don't care that affiliates steal from each other, just as long as the sales come.

I admire Haiko's passion for wanting to clean up this industry. He's got quite a battle on his hands for years to come.

I think it will also be important to educate consumers about the truth of affiliate marketing. The thing is now, customers don't really know or care where they get their discount as long as the coupon code is valid. This is evident in RMN success.

Customers don't know or care how they get their cash back as long as their purchases are credited and rebate checks received. This is evident in a lot of cash-back sites.

The media is clueless, or apathetic, or both, when it comes to what sites they choose to feature, mostly going for the slick, well-publicized site over the honest, hard-working affiliate site that plays by the rules.

No one cared where their sneakers and clothes came from as long as they were cheap. That is until the child labor abuses where discovered and exposed.
Old
15 years and counting
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness618
I agree strongly with JackMarketing.
Retailers just don't get it.
They don't care that affiliates steal from each other, just as long as the sales come.

I admire Haiko's passion for wanting to clean up this industry. He's got quite a battle on his hands for years to come.

I think it will also be important to educate consumers about the truth of affiliate marketing. The thing is now, customers don't really know or care where they get their discount as long as the coupon code is valid. This is evident in RMN success.

Customers don't know or care how they get their cash back as long as their purchases are credited and rebate checks received. This is evident in a lot of cash-back sites.

The media is clueless, or apathetic, or both, when it comes to what sites they choose to feature, mostly going for the slick, well-publicized site over the honest, hard-working affiliate site that plays by the rules.

No one cared where their sneakers and clothes came from as long as they were cheap. That is until the child labor abuses where discovered and exposed.
I like your comparison with child labor abuses. We're the modern slaves of affiliate marketing.
Unfortunately, I think educating the customers about Affiliate Marketing is a lost cause. The customers don't care as long as they pay less and it's not really their problem. If the big retailers managing affiliate programs don't understand how it works, imagine the customers.
I'm pretty confident, the 3 untrusted networks will have a major problem one day. You can't rob for ever your customers. Even Bernie Madoff was not able to do it.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Haiko said that affiliates need to band together and not deal with merchants and networks that don't play by the rules.
Unfortunately, with this much money at stake, there will always be someone waiting in line to take the places of those who try to fight the good fight.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Listened this morning.

Well done Haiko. Your passion is endless.
Old
Advocate
Great podcast, should be required listening for all.
NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing
Old
15 years and counting
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness618
Haiko said that affiliates need to band together and not deal with merchants and networks that don't play by the rules.
Unfortunately, with this much money at stake, there will always be someone waiting in line to take the places of those who try to fight the good fight.
It's a mistake done by newbies. They focus their time and efforts on big brands and they wonder why affiliate marketing doesn't work for them. Between the parasites, the heavy competition, the tracking pbs and the special tricks pulled by merchants like BestBuy and their .25% commission or the 0 return day for eLuxury, it will be a miracle for them to make it. But, there's a constant flow of new affiliates who don't know better... and the networks are betting on it.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via AIM to Stephanie Lichtenstein
Haiko thank you for being you! You rock
Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein
Old
ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran
Great stuff Haiko - thanks for doing this!

Brian Littleton
President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.
Old
ABW Ambassador
Well done comrade!

X
Old
Comfortably Numb
It really sums up the whole issue. Good job!

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search