Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

These Forums Are Dead! Let's Get Busy Bringing It Back To Life!

Tools Search
Old
These Forums Are Dead! Let's Get Busy Bringing It Back To Life!

Let's goto work bringing new life back to these dead forums!

The economy NEEDS affiliates!

Small businesses NEED affiliates!

Entrepreneurs NEED affiliates!

Stop being so greedy and stingy with your affiliate marketing knowledge and SHARE it!

One person alone cannot serve all of the millions and millions of customers out there who are looking to spend money.

There is PLENTY of money to go around for all of us!

Share the knowledge and expertise that new affiliates are seeking and make the world a better place.
Old
The Seal of Aproval
TravD, good taste would dictate that you have at least a dozen posts before you start telling us how to conduct ourselves.

-rematt
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by rematt View Post
TravD, good taste would dictate that you have at least a dozen posts before you start telling us how to conduct ourselves.

-rematt
Well...it don't take a genius to be able to tell if something is alive or dead.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't like it here, there are plenty of other places you can go.

-rematt
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
Members don't volunteer their information which they have taken years to develop. As you can see if you read the forum they are quick to help an intelligent question.
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravD View Post
I agree, let's goto work bringing new life back to these forums...

But, what are you willing to do to start the conversation and get the wheels rolling again? - I hope it's not about how to make money with Clickbank, because they have their own forum there, on the clickbank site.

Quote:
The economy NEEDS affiliates!
No!

The economy needs, JOBS!
Quote:
Small businesses NEED affiliates!
Small businesses need customers that pays for goods or services!
Quote:
Entrepreneurs NEED affiliates!
Entrepreneurs need ideas that work and make money!
Quote:
Stop being so greedy and stingy with your affiliate marketing knowledge and SHARE it!
Travis

If like you say, you have a friend that just slapped up a website and in only 2 days he made $200, in just 2 days, why is your own friend so greedy and stingy, and not willing to share his success with you?

Quote:
One person alone cannot serve all of the millions and millions of customers out there who are looking to spend money.
The faster way to reach all of the millions and millions of customers out there who are looking to spend money will be for you to get a job at .

Quote:
There is PLENTY of money to go around for all of us!
I agree!

But, unless you are willing to work for it, you must invent or discover something new that may make you attractive to that money,

Quote:
Share the knowledge and expertise that new affiliates are seeking and make the world a better place.
You sound like someone under 25, someone that just finished playing with their video games, and now just want to know how to make a lot money online, and without having to learn not even the rules of the game...

Good luck!
Old
The Seal of Aproval
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
But, what are you willing to do to start the conversation and get the wheels rolling again? - I hope it's not about how to make money with Clickbank, because they have their own forum there, on the clickbank site.
TravD, I probably owe you an apology. I pretty much ignored your originals posts (I'm not apologizing for that, ignoring those posts actually turned out to be a good idea; ignoring this one would have been an even better idea so it would seem) and didn't have the complete information to properly frame your question. But I think Mr. Sal hit the nail on the head. You're looking for an easy way to succeed and it would seem that you would prefer that we provide the means. But realistically, what are you willing to do? Forget about what you can contribute to the forum, I seriously doubt that you have anything of value to offer, certainly not knowledge. But what would you be willing to do to contribute to your own success if we were to provide you with our combined knowledge?

Would you be willing to work 12 to 16 hours a day? Would you be willing to test dozens of designs, hundreds of keywords and thousands of products to develop a promotion method that may lead you to that fist sale? The truth of the matter is that even if we gave you the "secrets of success", unless you're willing to do the things that it takes to become successful in this industry, you'll still fail.

And please don't take this as an attack. Consider it a reality check. There are no shortcuts. There are no magic bullets. And the only secret to success in affiliate marketing or any endeavor is hard work, which really isn't a secret to most of us here. If you're really serious about wanting to become successful in affiliate marketing and you're willing to do what it takes to become successful; take Mr. Sal's and everyone else's advice. Start reading and ask relevant questions when you don't understand something or need more information. But most importantly DO SOMETHING. Create a site, make some mistakes, learn something and then ask more questions.

Good luck.

-rematt
Old
I am willing to work all day, all night, and even lose sleep to make money online.

I already work like this for my low paying hourly job, so what is the difference?

As for the question about why isn't my friend showing me how to make $200 in 2 days...

DID YOU NOT LISTEN TO OR UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION?

He did make $200 in 2 days...but then NOTHING after that.

He does not know what he did right! Or what he is now doing wrong.

You got it? Easy enough for you to understand now?

My point was that OBVIOUSLY whenever you do things right online, you make money.

The problem is, nobody is willing to teach others how to do it properly.

There is so much garbage and lies and misinformation online and in these forums and other forums that it makes me sick. Giving bad money making info makes you just as cold and heartless as the Clickbank marketers who show fake screen shots and promise millions for only $29.99!
Old
Fighting the good fight...
Send a message via AIM to Convergence
One thing that can NOT be taught - Comprehension.

It takes TIME to be able to comprehend information. Affiliate marketing can not be outlined in a step-by-step tutorial that is detailed enough to guarantee the results you, or anyone, would expect.

If a new affiliate doesn't, or can't, comprehend information that has taken many of us a decade to accumulate, test, fail, retest, tweak, dissect, digest and implement, wash, rinse, repeat - then it is possible that affiliate may not have the aptitude for affiliate marketing.

Are YOU that person? Only YOU know. Coming in here full of piss and vinegar demanding to be held by the hand and be TOLD what to do won't work.

Yes, there is a ton of misinformation mixed with the good. It's YOUR job to read every line, every post, to attempt to COMPREHEND what is right and what is not. It's YOUR job to figure out what will work for you.

That's what each and every one of us has had to do. No one here is against paying it forward, sharing, helping and so forth. Get busy reading and if you have have a question about something that is confusing/unclear, etc - ask.

But drop the pissy attitude...
Old
ABW Ambassador
Send a message via Skype™ to I.M.O.G.
Quote:
The problem is, nobody is willing to teach others how to do it properly.
That is incorrect. This is a common misconception. I can prove thats incorrect, by referencing 10 years of history on this very community, where every single day members advise other members about how to improve their business on specific topics.

So why do you have this misconception?

Probably because you are starting out and looking for the magic bullet. We actually have that: the magic bullet thread

You need to start doing affiliate marketing. You need to start doing it in a way where you know when it is working and not working. And you need to learn an understanding of why. Then you can keep doing more of the right things. You may encounter some specific issues along the way, and other forum members will be eager to help you on those specific issues... But they don't run your affiliate business, and they can't tell you how to run your business successfully. They can share some approaches or solutions that worked for them, and they can coach you in some things along the way.

It isn't that anyone is holding back on you though. Affiliates build their own successful businesses - if they have found a recipe that works for them its the result of a lot of time and hard work that has built their livelihood. They aren't going to hand over their entire livelihood. But every day, we do share things here that will help you build your own livelihood if you work, listen, and share as well.
Old
ABW Veteran
Travis,

You first say this: On October 6th

Quote:
Today, October 9th, you say:

Quote:
I am willing to work all day, all night, and even lose sleep to make money online.

I already work like this for my low paying hourly job, so what is the difference?
How can we bring new life back to these dead forums, if even you that are willing to work all day, all night, and even lose sleep to make money online, take three days to make another post, and two days to even reply on this thread?

Don't say it's because it was a holiday weekend, because in this business, we decide when we take sometime off, and if we need to learn something that will make us more money, holidays can wait.

Btw Travis, I've being here on ABW for almost 9 years straight, and even with these dead forums, I learn someting new almost everyday.

So if you really want to learn some ways to make money online, and avoid some mistakes, stick around, read alot, and don't blow a fuse that easly...
Thanks From:
Old
The Seal of Aproval
TravD, I already gave you the best advice that I can. DO SOMETHING!!!!

Stop waiting for us to tell you what to do and find your staring point. It's all right here. You can either look for it or you can wait for us to spoon feed it to you. You should have figured out by now that we're not going to just hand it to you.

And please don't take this personally because this advice isn't just targeted at you. We get a few noobs a week that are looking for the keys to success and don't appear willing to do much more than put their hands out. We usually ignore them. You, on the other hand, decided to berate us and tell us what we are doing wrong. You came here and acted like it is our responsibility show you the light. I'm surprised that you didn't demand a refund.

What have you done so far other than visit a handful of forums looking for help. Have you thought about a niche? Or are you waiting for us to tell you which niches are hot? Have you purchased a domain? You know you need a web site and hosting right? Have you thought about the type of site you'd like to have? Datafeed, coupon, comparison shopping, loyalty/membership, blog? What tools will you use to create your site? Are you going to utilize WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another content management system? How will you promote your website? SEO, PPC, social media , e-mail marketing or all of the above.

If you take a look at the paragraph above you'll see a lot of tasks that need to be completed as well as a lot of knowledge that needs to be accumulated. And guess what? It's all here and a lot more. All you have to do is find it. Search ABW on the topics above that are in bold. Pay special attention to the Starting Your Affiliate Marketing Business (who'd a thought?) and post questions when you run into things that you don't understand. You'll get answers.

TravD, we're not against helping people. We want to see this industry thrive and would love to see some new blood around here that's comprised of hard working, ethical affiliates. But those appear hard to find these days. What's not hard to find are those that think that ABW offers a free ride. You say that's not what you're looking for, sooo prove it. You have a starting point, now it's up to you. DO SOMETHING!!!

Good luck.

-rematt
Old
Is it too soon to nominate the above for Best Post of 2012..?!

Rematt gives fantastic advice, and hits the nail on the head..
Old
Fighting the good fight...
Send a message via AIM to Convergence
+1
Old
TravD,
What works for one affiliate doesn't necessarily work for another. It takes time and effort to find your way in AM. Sometimes that work pays off and other times it doesn't. Your first step would be to read and comprehend, read and comprehend. Then develop a plan. Then test your plan. Then read and reread.

Many of us are also indifferent niches and what works in one niche or with one product doesn't work with another. As I said. Read, comprehend, plan and then test. Do this over and over and over again and hopefully you will develop something that works for you.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via MSN to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck Hamrick Send a message via Skype™ to Chuck Hamrick
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to 2sillycows
Quote:

-rematt
Quote:
if you don't like it here, there are plenty of other places you can go.
and here is the gang of a-holes telling the attacker THANKS! (Thanks From: bibby, Convergence, Mr. Sal, Nabz, TravD, Witzer )

I was treated badly when I came here as a new affiliate so I left. This is a good example of geting treated like crap in forums.

What is it with people who have power in forums or have made several posts? It's like they turn into BDSM masters or get this huge sense of entitlement. Forums are for finding friends, not being crapped on.

I came back to this forum today to find that all the subforums of my interest haven't been updated since 2011.

I bet you can thank the poor treatment of newbies for that!

I remember VERY clearly my first day on this forum several years ago getting my ass chewed out for every thing I typed. Looks like the owners of this forum should have treated their new customers better.

Last edited by 2sillycows; October 28th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sillycows View Post
and here is the gang of a-holes telling the attacker THANKS! (Thanks From: bibby, Convergence, Mr. Sal, Nabz, TravD, Witzer ).
welcome back Emily!

Nice to see your cow udders back.

Last edited by Mr. Sal; October 28th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Thanks From:
Old
Quote:
and here is the gang of a-holes telling the attacker THANKS! (Thanks From: bibby, Convergence, Mr. Sal, Nabz, TravD, Witzer )

I was treated badly when I came here as a new affiliate so I left. This is a good example of geting treated like crap in forums.

What is it with people who have power in forums or have made several posts? It's like they turn into BDSM masters or get this huge sense of entitlement. Forums are for finding friends, not being crapped on.

I came back to this forum today to find that all the subforums of my interest haven't been updated since 2011.

I bet you can thank the poor treatment of newbies for that!

I remember VERY clearly my first day on this forum several years ago getting my ass chewed out for every thing I typed. Looks like the owners of this forum should have treated their new customers better.
What a load of bunk. Seriously one of the dumbest posts ever. Chuck can we nominate it for that? Calling some of us "A Gang of *******s"? You don't know me.
If I came to your house for the first time and told you how to manage it, without first taking some time to get to know you and your other household members, you would tell me to get the f out. We didn't say that did we. We just gave some advice.
Old
Send a message via Yahoo to 2sillycows
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibby View Post
What a load of bunk. Seriously one of the dumbest posts ever. Chuck can we nominate it for that? Calling some of us "A Gang of *******s"? You don't know me.
If I came to your house for the first time and told you how to manage it, without first taking some time to get to know you and your other household members, you would tell me to get the f out. We didn't say that did we. We just gave some advice.
Dibby, let's just analize your come back to a person who is interested in partisipating in this forum again.

1. "Dumbest post ever" - Personal attack
2. "Chuck, can we nominate" - Give the person recieving the message the idea they are going to be attacked by a gang of angry people and made fun up publicly on the board.
3. "You don't know me" - statement expected from a 16 year old.
4. "Your house" - sense of entitlement to be dominant and abuse others.
5. And YES, you liked a thread telling a newbie to leave this forum. That is NOT an opinion, it is a fact.

6. I doubt I will change any of your attitudes. Only a dead forum bleeding cash will do that.
Old
Quote:
Dibby, let's just analize your come back to a person who is interested in partisipating in this forum again.

1. "Dumbest post ever" - Personal attack
2. "Chuck, can we nominate" - Give the person recieving the message the idea they are going to be attacked by a gang of angry people and made fun up publicly on the board.
3. "You don't know me" - statement expected from a 16 year old.
4. "Your house" - sense of entitlement to be dominant and abuse others.
5. And YES, you liked a thread telling a newbie to leave this forum. That is NOT an opinion, it is a fact.

6. I doubt I will change any of your attitudes. Only a dead forum bleeding cash will do that.
I don't know you but you seem like an upset person with a chip on their shoulder. You really sound like a sorry human being. I feel sorry for you.
Old
OPM and Moderator
Quote:
Did you bother to post a current question in them?

Quote:
Not bleeding cash here cupcake!
Old
Quote:
[B]
You came back today to stir up some trouble. You are blaming others but you are the one that called us a "Gang of *******s". There was nothing constructive or useful from your visit today.
Old
ABW Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibby View Post
You came back today to stir up some trouble. You are blaming others but you are the one that called us a "Gang of *******s".
I can believe you didn't read Emily's post the right way!

Quote:
and here is the gang of a-holes telling the attacker THANKS! (Thanks From: bibby, Convergence, Mr. Sal, Nabz, TravD, Witzer ).
She even call the one that opened this thread (TravD), an as*ho** too.

So why get mad-cow disease?

Why not learn to milk the cow?

Btw, I am a proud member of that "Gang of *******s"

Thanks From:
Old
What's the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
I can believe you didn't read Emily's post the right way!
She even call the one that opened this thread (TravD), an as*ho** too.
LOL That's pretty funny

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search