Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Time for a break!

Tools Search
Old
Since i've been working every night for the last 3 months I decided it's time for a break. So this weekend I will be visiting the 24h of Le Mans (yes I am what you call a car enthousiast, however don't mention rice and tuning in the same sentence please ;-)

I'll be taking plenty of pictures if anyone is interested!

Either way, I hope all of you "honest" hardworking affiliates and affiliate
managers find the time to take a break once in a while as well.

Have a nice day!

Breezing
Old
ABW Ambassador
I'm green with envy
They're talking about putting a NASCAR track in about 30 minutes from my house. I sure hope they do...
I'd love to see some pics when you return.
Have a great time.

CDC
Old
Thats really cool, I am going to Vegas this weekend. I cant wait!! Gambling and Boos, and no computer!!! WooHoo!!
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
notary sojac
I just came back from fishing on a nearby lake, fishing for the first time since I was a teenager. Gonna do that again soon.
Old
Pit Boss
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Breezing:
I'll be taking plenty of pictures if anyone is interested!

Breezing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, please do.
Old
Nascar .... how did that become so popular? Of all the motorsports somehow Nascar got a large following and all they do is turn left at high speeds.

This may be part flame but also genuine curiousity wondering what is so compelling about big primitive cars that turn left for a few hundred laps.

Indy or cart racing is more interesting, higher speeds, advanced engine and car designs(they can race upsidedown because the downforce of the wings are so great), big tracks with left AND right turns(not to mention degrees such as hairpins or left then immediately right).

Off road racing, they get trucks going high speed over terrain that would rattle a regular vehicle to pieces at a lower speed. HUGE jumps with relatively smooth landings, the suspension travel and transmission durability of these things are impressive.

Rally racing is pure skill, different road surfaces on the same track, rain/snow/mud/gravel you name it and they're going some crazy speed along it.. sometimes the road is not much wider than the car.

And a host of others.. yet Nascar.. meh.. if it's supposed to be an endurance race then those long desert races are more interesting as well.
Old
ABW Ambassador
F1

EOT.
Old
NASCAR -- Go to just 1 race and you're hooked for life.

As many say -- If you go to a race and Don't Like it -- there's something Terribly wrong with you!

I have No Idea what it is about NASCAR racing that makes EVERYONE Love it -- Maybe it's some kind of Zen thing.

As for this weekend ...
We're moving our 18 year old Daughter Out to her own apartment (not too far away) -- to be closer to her University.

It's exciting, yet emotional
Old
ABW Ambassador
If it runs on fossil fuel and you can you can drive it or ride it... I'm there!
Not all NASCAR races are turn left (Sears Point) but I must say I too prefer road course racing.
I used to think baseball was boring until I started paying attention

CDC
Old
mega crap
Funny, but NASCAR is so popular because of something a lot of folks either know a lot about or want to know a lot about.

MARKETING!

They are great at it. I see Dale Jr. on TV at least once or twice a day, I see the Young Guns commercial all the time. They have TV contracts with FOX and NBC. EVERY NASCAR race is televised. Open Wheel just doesn't promote as much, you can catch some of those races on the speed channel or ESPN and of couse Indy was just on ABC....

I'm a big NASCAR fan but I have been since the late 70s when my dad used to take me to the old Nashville fairgounds track.

I used to love watching Indy (Mears was a fav) but for some reason it just hasn't pulled me to the tube lately. NASCAR does, it grabs you and holds you, probably through gimmics but its working and not just for me...

go figure.
Old
this topic took a sharp turn in direction i thought it was heading, but thats ok. I was watching a race on Saturday, not sure what it was called, anyways there was an 23 car pileup. but they never said whos fault it was. Anyone know
Old
ABW Ambassador
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just came back from fishing on a nearby lake, fishing for the first time since I was a teenager. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I fish all the time, Herb. Tonight, I'm taking a break from it to do something I haven't done since I was a teenager: See Simon & Garfunkel in concert down in Albany.

Wayne
Old
yeah heh.. sorry for the thread hijack but that was early early morning when I posted that :P

What is it with fishing that makes it so popular... just kidding...

Some days I gotta work on the website right away or I'm not gonna get anything done on it that day. Sometimes I'm at it for 12 hours or more when I do get started.

That's the nice thing about affiliate marketing, if you become successful with it you can take a break whenever.. the only schedules to follow(or not) would be seasonal promotions or design tweaks.
Old
I'm no where near break time for me. I have a long way togo before my sites become as preductive as yours are.

But it is nice to know you can build it and take time off and not lose it!

Thanks
Old
Pit Boss
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian eh:
Off road racing, they get trucks going high speed over terrain that would rattle a regular vehicle to pieces at a lower speed. HUGE jumps with relatively smooth landings, the suspension travel and transmission durability of these things are impressive.

Rally racing is pure skill, different road surfaces on the same track, rain/snow/mud/gravel you name it and they're going some crazy speed along it.. sometimes the road is not much wider than the car.

And a host of others.. yet Nascar.. meh.. if it's supposed to be an endurance race then those long desert races are more interesting as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How bout motorcycle hill climbing ? They have some pretty nasty moves.
Old
Pit Boss
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
F1

EOT. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Anyone can pretty much predict the outcomes.
Old
almost any motorsport that's offroad is interesting.. although there's oval dirt tracks that can be somewhat bland.. that whole turning left thing again

the amount of power or torque, weight distribution, momentum, and control required for hill climbing(time trial type.. not slow hobbyists with their hummer or jeep) can be interesting from an engineering or mechanical point of view.

but then the dirt flies and there's some guy hanging on for dear life to two handle bars zipping up some steep incline at breakneck speed... or in the case of 4 wheeled vehicles.. trying to gain enough momentum to reach the top before gravity overcomes and the front flips over.
Old
Internet Cowboy
I never cared about NASCAR until I moved to the Daytona area 6 years ago. Through some erie act of osmosis, I am now a NASCAR fan.
I race 1/10th scale nitro, radio controlled road cars that are an absolute blast.
Marty, you are indeed right, NASCAR is an ingenious merketing machine.
I've been to a few races at Daytona, but the crowds are incredible. I watch them on TV these days.
We're headed for the Keys soon for a week.
I'll bring the laptop, but I maintain a strict 3 minutes a day on it when I am on vacation. Check personal mail, look at stocks and news.
Scott

Old
Well, i've been back for a few days now, i'll try to get some pictures online this weekend.

But I had a blast, nice weather, wonderful people, and a fine race to watch. Oh, I got to see the Aston Martin Vanquish driving behind us! It's been said that in 2005-2006 they will enter Le Mans with the new DB9 but there's nothing on paper however.

And the best part is, within a week or 6 i'm going back for Le Mans Classics ;-)
And to make it even better, the weekend thereafter i'm going to see 24h of Spa Francorchamps.

Sorry CDC

I like pretty much anything when it goes around on four wheels, here in Europe you hardly hear about Nascar though. One day I might make it to the US again and hopefully I can catch up on to that opportunity.

There is one thing I have to agree on however, and that is the fact that F1 these days
is *boring*. If you look at a F1 race a decade ago, now that was a race up until the last turn.

Anyway, back to work !

Have a nice day,
Breezing

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search