Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: What's the deal with LightspeedMovies?

Tools Search
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:56 PM
MasterMike
Yeah I got the same feeling when I read it also.
Old July 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
ABW Ambassador
There are a ton of these sites
http://filesharingplace.com/faqs/adsense_scam_sites.php
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Affiliate/AM Moonlighter
If I remember correctly that email came from ABW.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
MasterMike
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflsports
If I remember correctly that email came from ABW.
It was
Old July 27th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Julius,

There is no deal with Lightspeedmovies.com

It is a website, like any other movie site on Click Bank

The program makes its money like any other program, through PPC advertising, with the help of affiliates and other various methods.
Affiliates get 70% on every sale.

If you would like to find out more info please visit:

http://www.lightspeedmovies.com/affiliates.html
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Affiliate/AM Moonlighter
How about moving it to a better network. Click bank is 4th rate in my opinion.
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:06 AM
2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner 
Nice list of Adware scam sites feeding off the P2P music thieves seeking more freebie infestations. Funny Stompsoft.com is on the list and they're a CJ merchant I pulled immediately after looking over their offerings. I send no-one to questionable merchants. I'm surprised ClickBank doesn't allow Aljezerra snuff film downloads to go with all their BHO infested CPC and lead fee so called merchnats.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:04 AM
MasterMike
I wonder what the other various methods are. Spyware, Adware?
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
I'd have to agree I'd be more comfortable if this was on Commission Junction.

What makes your software different than i2hub? Since, I'm guessing this software relies on the internet2 backbone...
Julius,

Trust me, with Click Bank you will get much higher conversions. Their sign up process is much faster and easier, all you need is your country, zip code, name and cc info and of course your email. Takes 30 seconds to sign up, which brings much higher sales. Click Bank is also very reliable like CJ.

I am not sure what i2hub is, but my site offers several softwares, which increase your downloading speed.
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:07 PM
ABW Ambassador
Quote:
How about moving it to a better network. Click bank is 4th rate in my opinion.
Shareasale would be a good choice. I dropped everything I had at Click bank and really don't want to get that relationship going again.
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Affiliate/AM Moonlighter
Dave, comparing click bank to CJ? Ummm, can you clarify that comparison. Remember this forum is filled with "experienced" affiliate marketers.

I second Shareasale, much better than click bank, cheap and easy to start up too. Oh yeah, sign up process for affiliates very easy as well, no rocket science involved.
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Dave, comparing click bank to CJ? Ummm, can you clarify that comparison. Remember this forum is filled with "experienced" affiliate marketers.

I second Shareasale, much better than click bank, cheap and easy to start up too. Oh yeah, sign up process for affiliates very easy as well, no rocket science involved.
I was refering to the customer sign up process, not the affiliate

All I am saying is that for digital products Click Bank is the best choice to go with in my opinion. People purchasing digital products, like ebooks, do not want to wait long, or else they would just purchase a physical book. They want instant access and with Click Bank they get fast through the sign up process. It has tons of affiliates, is very reliable, checks are sent out bi-weekly on time. Plus in a week I think Click Bank is going to accept paypal as payment, so imagine the increase in conversions

So, I am not comparing anything. If I had a physical product to sell then I would definatley go with CJ, but for digital products Click Bank is my only choice. I tried Shareasale, but it doesn't even slightly compare to CB.
Old July 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
ABW Ambassador
So Dave, if what your selling is not a scam. What is it.

Please give a detailed response of exactly what the user gets for a year.

Thanks!
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetf
So Dave, if what your selling is not a scam. What is it.

Please give a detailed response of exactly what the user gets for a year.

Thanks!
All digital product sites offer information. I offer information on how to get movies, music, games and tv shows, like any other movie site. As a bonus people get a software, which increases their downloading speed.
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:04 AM
MasterMike
So basically you offer a download acelerator and provide info on how to obtain movies legally or via illegal p2p file sharing networks?
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lightspeed
All digital product sites offer information. I offer information on how to get movies, music, games and tv shows, like any other movie site. As a bonus people get a software, which increases their downloading speed.
Take it from me, not like authentic movie sites.

David Rogers
Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
New Line Cinema
212 649-4900
NewLineShop.com
WBShop.com
TheOCInsiderShop.com
Old July 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
ABW Ambassador
Dave, So you do rightfully belong in the scam section... just "like any other movie site" *cough*

Just pointing people to other free software. All the while promoting downloading with little words of unlimited movies, tv, music - which of course you avoid mentioning any because the new ruling... you could be in hot water, but still promoting it much the same.

Ugh.

You know what? Double, triple ugh.

This not only damages the enduser, but this damages all affiliates and affiliate programs. These shell games of BS makes every consumer wary of an unknown store, unknown site - better delete my cookies what was that guy doing...

Hell, you are even being cagey answering questions here - to the people you want to promote your program. Your "partners".

Why in the hell would anyone promote this crap? I sure hope no one here does. Because when someone lacks ethics, don't be surprised when they burn you down the road.

Chet
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Dave,
Some constructive criticism for you if you don't mind:
- the gif on the home page that lists 567,000 users online - you might want to rotate that now and then Anyone with a few brain cells will figure out that's not true and it really takes away any credibility in the first 2 seconds they see the home page. But then maybe your customers are not meant to be that clever vs most of us abw'ers who aren't your market, eh?

- make the search available to anyone that arrives at the site. Who wants to register just to see what you have? This will increase your traffic immensely and anyone that really then wants to buy will pull out their card.

- explain better what you are selling. Affiliates need to see something that has promise before they drop some $ on PPC etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Peter

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search