Welcome, guest! Login
Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

who knows the most about affiliate programs?

Tools Search
Old
who knows the most about affiliate programs?

Hi Guys,

My company has merchant accounts with both CJ & Linkconnector (doing well) and we also have our own corporate affiliate program which I am finding hard to promote.We're indexed on affiliate programs dot com but the eyeballs simply arent enough.
Are there any free indexes anyone can recommend to get my program seen or top advertising spots that can boost ratings without having to rely on the networks to take thier extra share?

Thank You!!

Jojo
Old
Online Marketing Consultant
ummmm........you can advertise here on ABW..............

The best place I found for advertising a program

http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/
Old
Internet Cowboy
The very best advertising you can do for your affiliate program is FREE and is right here. All you have to do is become a contributing member of this community and show us that you are real and are interested in helping affiliates and adding any value that you can.

Do that and you will have lots of good affiliates.

Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
http and a telephoto
Send a message via Yahoo to loxly Send a message via Skype™ to loxly
moved out of the linkshare forum since there appears to be nothing in the post about linkshare.
Old
(1)

Back in August 2006, I posted a list of affiliate-program directories in the affiliate section of the QuoteProducts.com site:

http://www.quoteproducts.com/affiliate-links.php

The sites listed at the top, in bold, are the ones that posted links to the QuoteProducts Affiliate Program after I submitted info. I believe the rest are "genuine" affiliate directories (as opposed to AdSense landing pages and such), but they didn't promptly add new listings. (Sadly, the affiliate-program directory that I created in 1996 and sold in 1999 -- Adbility.com -- has not posted any updates in at least a year!)

(2)

As noted by others, paying for a program announcement here on ABW is cheap and helpful, as is becoming an active participant in the ABW community.

In the end, though, the MAIN source of quality affiliates will be your own recruiting efforts; no "passive" system of announcements and listings will ever drive a significant number of important affiliates.
Old
As an affiliate, I don't think I've ever used an affiliate program directory to find an affiliate program.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Old
Outsourced Program Manager
Hello Jojo,

Welcome to ABW

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidate
ummmm........you can advertise here on ABW..............
The best place I found for advertising a program
http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/
Make that 2 votes

You will find allot of eyeballs right here on ABW as some post often and allot just lurk but this is a good start http://www.abestweb.com/advertising

Old
Merchant & ABW Ambassador
1) ABW
a) contribute
b) advertise

2) I heard that some affiliates will use internet retailer.
a) you can pay to get on there
b) be a top 500 company
Old
OPM/Moderator
Send a message via AIM to akagorilla Send a message via Yahoo to akagorilla
Question for the group, somewhat related.

Besides ABW, where else would someone go to advertise for affiliates?

Revenue Magazine? Internet Retailer?

What trade magazines or sites do affiliates read?
Old
Online Marketing Consultant
There is revenue magazine which affiliates and managers read. There is also affiliate classroom which has a newletters or magazine. Eathen (spelled wrong) on here has a site which is pretty darn good, PM him if you want to know. He is also a really nice guy to work with. 5 Star forums offer a free anouncement. If you do try affiliateprograms/dot/com then ask for John Dang and tell him Adam from Liquidation.com recommended you (no I will not receive a commission). He is an extremely easy and nice person to work with. There are also a ton of directories. ABW is my preference and I am proud to say that. You will seriously find some success with this forum and by partiipating and helping out other affiliates and merchants with input and advice, you will find they will start coming to you instead of you going to them.

Haiko has set up a great environment for affiliate marketing, and unlike most communities, this one really works. It is a joint effort between the community, the Mods and Haiko that make it one of the most effective places to advertise and learn.

A last option which might work is to do a table or booth at Affiliate Summit. You can also advertise in their newsletters, but I have no experience with that so I cannot give a further opinion. Payless however is always on there and Shawn and Missy definitely let you know about them so after ABW, I would reccomend going to a sponsorship or a table/booth at Affiliate summit and in the newsletters.
Old
Affiliate Manager
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleScooter
The very best advertising you can do for your affiliate program is FREE and is right here. All you have to do is become a contributing member of this community and show us that you are real and are interested in helping affiliates and adding any value that you can.

Do that and you will have lots of good affiliates.
JoJo,

I absolutely concur with Scooter on this. It takes time to cultivate good relationships here. It comes through participation, contributing to the discussions, sharing ideas and knowledge and people interacting with you.

It takes time, but in the grand scheme of life, a year or so is not a long time. If you are patient and want to grow your business through networked relationships, your ship has arrived in the harbor. Climb aboard and enjoy the cruise.

Welcome to ABW.

p.s. Man, I don't know where I come up with my analogies, but they are so good that it often brings tears to my eyes.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search