Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?

I need help in online marketing!

Tools Search
Old
I need help in online marketing!

Hi guys...

My name is J, and I've just figured out about online business via Internet marketing quite some time back and I've got some issues and hope u guys can help me out here.

Well, it's like this.
  • I'm currently running a blog with an average traffic (with pretty constant posts). Is there any way to boost traffic to my blog? I have no intention to spend for PPC as yet.
  • I used to run a opt-in list with my own free e-Book. However weeks after weeks, it seems like nobody is interested in my free report. Is it due to that my report is too dull? I didn't use any graphics for my opt-in page. I was using a free auto-responder but it didn't work. Although I had one paid one, I didn't know how to start building one that attracts people to sign up.
  • Last but not least, clickbank products. I've tried to promote clickbank products, but seems like only people were visiting the page but there wasn't any action. Not sure if my tweets doesn't sound good...

Need some advice here~ thanks!
Old
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Is there any way to boost traffic to my blog? I have no intention to spend for PPC as yet.
In the order that I would approach things ...

SEO - check out Dan Thies SEO FastStart ebook. Don't just blog more, get more effective at it. Quality trumps quantity.

Article marketing - also can be very effective for getting your information/name out there more.

Guest blogging - identify other sites that are authorities and approach them about blogging for them occasionally.

social networking - use forums, facebook, linkedin, twitter and others to network with others about your topic. don't spam, but join conversations based on the topics you are targeting. You can find topics you are interested in by monitoring the sites and searching them for your keywords

Last edited by Logan; August 6th, 2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling of Thies
Old
More Traffic...

Hi J, I agree with all that Logan posted. I use several traffic websites. And let your twitter followers know when you update your blog. Getting organic traffic from SEO is all about content and using your targeted keywords.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by addice View Post
Hi guys...

My name is J, and I've just figured out about online business via Internet marketing quite some time back and I've got some issues and hope u guys can help me out here.

Well, it's like this.
  • I'm currently running a blog with an average traffic (with pretty constant posts). Is there any way to boost traffic to my blog? I have no intention to spend for PPC as yet.
  • I used to run a opt-in list with my own free e-Book. However weeks after weeks, it seems like nobody is interested in my free report. Is it due to that my report is too dull? I didn't use any graphics for my opt-in page. I was using a free auto-responder but it didn't work. Although I had one paid one, I didn't know how to start building one that attracts people to sign up.
  • Last but not least, clickbank products. I've tried to promote clickbank products, but seems like only people were visiting the page but there wasn't any action. Not sure if my tweets doesn't sound good...

Need some advice here~ thanks!
From what I can tell, the successful marketers are really good at keyword analysis. They get really skilled at identifying key phrases that have decent search volume but realistic competition levels. Then they optimize everything they write (blog posts, tweets, FB updates, comments, landing pages, etc.) around those phrases. Oh, and they're good writers too, with decent grammar skills and a compelling "voice." Just what I've observed so far.
Old
Hi Kaliphornia,

You don't need to be an excellent writer. You can post a project at one of the freelances site like getafreelancer or guru and see what's the cost of a good blog post.

You didn't mention what is your blog about?

Lucy
Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarketschool View Post
Hi Kaliphornia,

You don't need to be an excellent writer. You can post a project at one of the freelances site like getafreelancer or guru and see what's the cost of a good blog post.

You didn't mention what is your blog about?

Lucy
It's about my transition from developer to marketer, particularly about incorporating SEO into my marketing.
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search