Close

Login to Your Account

|  » Forgot your password?
Join

When to become an affiliate

Tools Search
Old
When to become an affiliate

Hello everyone, I'm really new to the entire affiliate business. I'm creating a website/blog and I'm looking at the possibility of using affiliate marketing. Initially I have been reading about Amazon's affiliate program.

I have a couple questions if anyone has a few minutes.

In order to become an affiliate for a larger business like amazon or walmart, do I need to have a fairly well established website. Is the amount of traffic a decider on whether or not they accept my affiliate application?

Also, I assume it depends on the terms of the affiliate program, but do they typically allow you to be an affiliate for competing businesses? For example could I be an affiliate for both walmart.com and target.com?

Thanks, I'm excited to read more on the forum, it seem really active, which is great.

Mike
Old
notary sojac
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen View Post
Also, I assume it depends on the terms of the affiliate program, but do they typically allow you to be an affiliate for competing businesses? For example could I be an affiliate for both walmart.com and target.com?
Some times you really have to read their rules, or Terms Of Service. I know some large travel merchants who will cut you off if you put them on the same page (but not necessarily a site) as their competition.
Old
Affiliate Manager
Send a message via Skype™ to Government Auctions AM
style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen View Post

In order to become an affiliate for a larger business like amazon or walmart, do I need to have a fairly well established website. Is the amount of traffic a decider on whether or not they accept my affiliate application?
A fairly well established site does not hurt in terms of how well you do. The more relevant traffic that you produce, the more likely that you are to produce quality sales and more often.

The similarities of your site niche and the merchant that you are trying to promote is usually a big decision factor for most affiliate managers when they approve applications. However because of the variety and opportunities available out there with Amazon and Walmart products in particular, you should not have a problem. Don't take my word for it... but everyone has to start somewhere! Good luck!
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old
The "other" left wing
Send a message via Yahoo to davidh
It's been about ten years since I signed up, so I may be wrong, but I believe that with Amazon all you have to is just sign up for their associate program and that's that.

In the case of Walmart, you need to have an established site for them to review and decide on whether to approve you or not.

As far as promoting several competitors on the same pages or sites; it is very uncommon for that to be prohibited.
Old
Thanks everyone for the info. I've been looking around the newbie forum, it looks like there is a lot of good info.

Thanks again
Mike

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search