|  » Forgot your password?
Join

Thread: Museum Company: Chapter 11

Tools Search
Old January 19th, 2002, 11:33 PM
ABW Ambassador
woe is my @ss...
quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - After a recession-plagued holiday season that punctuated the rapid decline of U.S. retailers since the Sept. 11 attacks, the first national retail chain to file for bankruptcy protection was the Museum Company Inc., a seller of art-related gift items... Museum Corp. said it would pursue strategic alternatives and believed that it would be able to restructure its operations and debt and propose a plan of reorganization.

Full Story: Museum Company's Woes Signal Trouble That's two of my top ten performers in one week.

Maybe I should check the rest of my top ten list... it's probably a good list of stocks to short...
Old January 20th, 2002, 02:43 PM
ABW Ambassador
Blast...!
Here we go again pulling links down.
Old January 20th, 2002, 04:19 PM
ABW Ambassador
sigh... yeah, and I've got one section of my site where I'm going to risk not getting paid by leaving their links up. I don't have a backup, I can't find a back up and I have good position in several places (Valentine's day stuff). I'd rather risk not getting paid then trash my site's rep my not having the stuff there...

But after Feb 14th, they will be gone gone gone... disappearing as we speak...
Join ABW to remove this sponsored message.
Old January 20th, 2002, 04:37 PM
ABW Ambassador
PM'd you Cedric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old January 20th, 2002, 05:00 PM
ABW Ambassador
This stinks! I can't tell you how many merchants I replaced since Christmas. This one hurts I have an entire page for this company mainly for stained glasss items. Off we go on a search for a replacement. I spent today removing fingerhut from one site, still have to remove them from another site. If anyone knows of a good merchant for tiffany or stained glass items could you let me know?
Thanks
Cazzie
Old January 20th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Hey Cedric,

It's not fun to be on the get screwed end is it...you can bet you won't see any money from the Museum guys.

We could say you have been crucified on a cross of rusty nails by the museum guys.

Did they do it literally or was the saying a metaphor? You do know what a metaphor is, I hope.

Now multiply your dismay at losing money you thought you had made by over 100 and see how you would feel about Steve Meeser.
Old January 20th, 2002, 06:33 PM
ABW Ambassador
cazzie -- don't know of any merchants for you, but I feel your pain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Prof: salt isn't dumb, it sticks to your face.
Old January 22nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
ABW Ambassador
LOL, Cedric.
Old January 22nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
MuseumCompany were (sorry) history on my site over the WhenU thing.

My sympathies though, Cedric.

I
Old January 22nd, 2002, 01:02 PM
ABW Ambassador
Oh yeah, I had started pulling their links over the WhenU issue, but then they severed their relationship with WhenU and I put them all back. sigh...

@webmistress: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Tools Search
Search:

Advanced Search